"I love a plan when it sounds like a ritual." Once WPINOYB is in your hands what will you do first?

"I love a plan when it sounds like a ritual." Once WPINOYB is in your hands what will you

• my first listen will involve taking drugs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • my first listen will involve specific food and/or cooking

• my first listen will be with someone(s) else

• my first listen will involve me creating my own art

• my first listen will involve me complaining 'this has nothing on Vauxhall & I'

• Total voters

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
MozOuija.jpg

Re: "I love a plan when it sounds like a ritual." Once WPINOYB is in your hands what will you do fi

Something tells me this ghoul likes polls :)

As for me I will be taking drugs in the bath... which I usually do solo.

Re: "I love a plan when it sounds like a ritual." Once WPINOYB is in your hands what will you do fi

^^^^^
That sounds like fun.

then again, my phone is mistakenly off a lot of the time :rolleyes:

I love that picture it looks like he's in a dollhouse or something ^

(I already listened I couldn't stop myself)

drugs, solo, coffee and food plus nice stereo. the bath will come later along with soap box comments

Great poll & options, Ghoul!

I have abstained and will do so until I get my copy from Red Eye. And then will rush home as quickly as possible, trying not to peak at contents until I get home. If I can resist, that is!

Once home:

1. Take drugs
2. Run a bath
3. Phones unplugged, iDevices off.
4. Oils. Incense. Candles.
5. Brew tea. Not sure which yet. Dark chocolate. Earl grey shortbread.
6. Put smoke paraphernalia in bathroom, along with tea, sweets & more drugs.
7. Get in bath.
8. Press play.
9. Close eyes.
10. Forget about everything & everyone & lose myself in the music.

Something tells me this ghoul likes polls :)

As for me I will be taking drugs in the bath... which I usually do solo.

Great plan, marred!

'Cept for the solo bit! ;p

No "ritual suicide" option? Me and my friends have already got our Nike hightops on.

I'm probably gonna go to the bank and take out more money from my dwindling account, then try to figure out where the Best Buy on the other end of town is... Then I'm going to take it home and add it to my collection on Discogs and never take it out of the plastic wrapper.

PS: I'll surely buy beer while I'm out, too... Probably listen to the leaked MP3's while I drink it on the long drive home.

Last edited:

Cute poll.
I chose the "boring" options of turning off the phone and listening solo (which I then noticed are the most popular). I just lie down as if waiting to be embalmed, put on the headphones and listen from beginning to end.

Cute poll.
I chose the "boring" options of turning off the phone and listening solo (which I then noticed are the most popular). I just lie down as if waiting to be embalmed, put on the headphones and listen from beginning to end.

A 20th Century Boy after my own heart.

Enjoy :thumb:

other - my first listen will involve sex

I chose the "boring" options, too—solo, no phone, coffee, lost, gazing, with the addition of headphones. All of this is past tense for me, of course…

p.s. Hey Joe Frady, I see we both have Ed Ruscha avatars!

I chose the "boring" options, too—solo, no phone, coffee, lost, gazing, with the addition of headphones. All of this is past tense for me, of course…

p.s. Hey Joe Frady, I see we both have Ed Ruscha avatars!

Spooky!

People have got married based on less ;)

Well, when downloaded it will probably be a non stop listen on a few of my 2-3 hour bike rides. That way I can hear the lyrics, overlay them on my surroundings or visualize how the statements might feel in the first person in the past. I have liked each album for what it is, so no disappointment could come anyway. When I am riding some desolate road, in the mountains, with a view, this is when the lyrics seep in and I have a mental and physical connection. It's really like that with all music for me though. Music, outside, and beauty, that's what I will do. I am part of this world, I don't box myself in to get the experience. I open it up to let it blossom around me.

Multi tasking. I like an album to grab my subconscious, if it's good it'll grab it if not it'll get dismissed. .

thats a good way to enjoy a first listen but without being to catty i have to say that anyones "box" is also a part of the world. your last line with the box comment seemed to infer that people listening indoors alone are somehow trying to box themself off from the world which i thought might be a bit insulting to others and just not accurate. if you do like that kinda listening experience try playing your fav silent film along to your fav album. sometimes it makes me think and feel differently about both or either and you can come up with some pretty cool moments. for example playing the 12 monkeys silent film to anything by echo and the bunnymen worked great for me.

Well, when downloaded it will probably be a non stop listen on a few of my 2-3 hour bike rides. That way I can hear the lyrics, overlay them on my surroundings or visualize how the statements might feel in the first person in the past. I have liked each album for what it is, so no disappointment could come anyway. When I am riding some desolate road, in the mountains, with a view, this is when the lyrics seep in and I have a mental and physical connection. It's really like that with all music for me though. Music, outside, and beauty, that's what I will do. I am part of this world, I don't box myself in to get the experience. I open it up to let it blossom around me.

Beautifully written. Motorcycle or bicycle ?

Cute poll.

I am looking forward to your take and/or your review. Please post it on some thread, somewhere, when you've had time to take in this album.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom