No more clonestamp?

Harryrag

Do we think Harvest have bucked up their ideas and tried to resolve the clonestamp issue? They've just released photographs on the Morrissey Official Facebook page to show the contents of the box set. And, lo and behold, the clonestamping is not present on the record or CD sleeve. It still hits you in the face, however, with the prints.

(Click to enlarge.)

10382092_703306009705943_2271600080588231790_o.jpg 10441187_703307233039154_6217096310879565662_n.jpg
10500383_703307253039152_1669022671266724844_n.jpg

Last edited:
I believe so, yes.

But what do we think are the chances that Harvest have rectified the crude clonestamping? Neither Amazon or iTunes have amended the artwork to above.

I'm still not sure I understand what "clone stamp" means. I'm sorry :(

There's a tool in Photoshop called a Clone Stamp, and it's used to duplicate a defined area of pixels and apply them to another area (like, say, to conceal a blemish or to extend an area of sky, etc.). In the hands of a graphic artist who knows what they're doing, its use can be virtually indetectable, but it's very easy to use very sloppily, as in the case of this album cover. See the cement and blades of grass to Morrissey's right (our left)? They've simply been duplicated and shoved over. It looks terrible and cheap, and unfortunately it's the first thing I see when I look at the cover. I don't understand how this kind of thing happens at that level, but it does—all the time. Maddening.

Last edited:
There's a tool in Photoshop called a Clone Stamp, and it's used to duplicate a defined area of pixels and apply them to another area (like, say, to conceal a blemish or to extend an area of sky, etc.). In the hands of a graphic artist who knows what they're doing, its use can be virtually indetectable, but it's very easy to use very sloppily, as in the case of this album cover. See the cement and blades of grass to Morrissey's right (our left)? They've simply been duplicated and shoved over. It looks terrible and cheap, and unfortunately it's the first thing I see when I look at the cover. I don't understand how this kind of thing happens at that level, but it does—all the time. Maddening.

What is a photoshop?

I'm still not sure I understand what "clone stamp" means. I'm sorry :(

As Chickpea says, you can see the worst bits of clonestamping in the section of the cover bottom left:

NbeeehU.png

Clonestamping highlighted:

1LVYuvf.png

It does look like this area of the sleeve is different on the vinyl and CD versions posted above. Good news!

I believe so, yes.

But what do we think are the chances that Harvest have rectified the crude clonestamping? Neither Amazon or iTunes have amended the artwork to above.

I wouldn't expect retailers to update jpegs because of faulty design issues.

I wouldn't expect retailers to update jpegs because of faulty design issues.

I can't speak for iTunes, but the product images on Amazon are fed directly from the publisher/label. In other words, if Harvest provide Amazon with an updated image in their product image feed, that image will be updated on the site the next time the feed gets pushed—usually once a week. Amazon images are only as reliable as what the publisher/label, provide, though. If Harvest made the correction in-house and on the actual printed goods but didn't feed out a new cover image, Amazon won't show the corrected cover.

HMMMM. I just spotted this opened digipack on Instagram thanks to the hashtag, and it looks quite different from the one we saw previously with the band photo spread across the interior. Looks like it's a tri-fold, right? Hey, maybe there's a booklet insert tucked under that right flap! (Maybe…)

10523526_274894352702871_474346739_n.jpg

Source: http://instagram.com/p/qPSwSlGiH_/

HMMMM. I just spotted this opened digipack on Instagram thanks to the hashtag, and it looks quite different from the one we saw previously with the band photo spread across the interior. Looks like it's a tri-fold, right? Hey, maybe there's a booklet insert tucked under that right flap! (Maybe…)

View attachment 32183

Source: http://instagram.com/p/qPSwSlGiH_/

Would be great if the vinyl was a trifold.

That looks to me like the Deluxe Edition, with double disc trays. One can dream of a glossy booklet (and I frequently do...)

Recordstore.co.uk had been listing the LP as containing the 18 tracks of the Deluxe Edition, but I just checked and they've amended it to the 12 track record.
I had hopes of the first Moz triple LP ~ 6 tracks per disc. I should really get a life :o

That looks to me like the Deluxe Edition, with double disc trays. One can dream of a glossy booklet (and I frequently do...)

Recordstore.co.uk had been listing the LP as containing the 18 tracks of the Deluxe Edition, but I just checked and they've amended it to the 12 track record.
I had hopes of the first Moz triple LP ~ 6 tracks per disc. I should really get a life :o

Life is overrated Joe. Don't worry about it. You're not missing anything.

That would be great. 3 songs per side on 3 records.

This is good news ... all my hope is not gone.
I know it's not a HUGE deal, but this really bugged the hell out of me. (I am a graphic designer so that may be part of it.)

This is good news ... all my hope is not gone.
I know it's not a HUGE deal, but this really bugged the hell out of me. (I am a graphic designer so that may be part of it.)

Yeah me too.

It's only actually officially been printed on some promo CDs I believe.

Back
Top Bottom