The dust has settled, the honeymoon is over. So, which of MORRISSEY's last 4 albums is his best?

The dust has settled, the honeymoon is over. So, which of MORRISSEY's last 4 albums is his best?

• Total voters
Re: The dust has settled, the honeymoon is over. So, which of MORRISSEY's last 4 albums is his best

I'm surprised by all the revisionist reviews of Refusal. Where was everybody 5 years ago with their sharpened knives? Where you lot even born yet may be a better question. After the lackluster Ringleader, Refusal was a bold collection of songs that almost surpassed the verve and quality of Quarry.

Re: The dust has settled, the honeymoon is over. So, which of MORRISSEY's last 4 albums is his best

I rate all of Morrissey's albums thusly:

1. Vauxhall & I
2. World Peace is None of Your Business
3. Your Arsenal
4. Viva Hate
5. Maladjusted
6. Southpaw Grammar
7. Ringleader of the Tormentors
8. You are the Quarry
9. Years of Refusal
10. Kill Uncle

Today at work I listened to “Years of Refusal” and “Ringleader of the Tormentors”. I definitely don’t think they get enough love.

Today at work I listened to “Years of Refusal” and “Ringleader of the Tormentors”. I definitely don’t think they get enough love.

I don't really like Ringleader much, but Years Of Refusal has been getting a lot of earplay recently. A wonderful album that I overlooked for a long time. Shows the new one up to be the nasty, half baked confection of a talent running on fumes.

Last edited:

'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'...it is the most eclectic album he's done in a long time.

quarry then world peace with refusal very close behind as im a big fan of that album. i tried playing ringleader today and while it does have a few qualities that i like, some of the lyrical themes are kinda tired for me but the words themselves were excellent. gotta say though the production for whatever reason, lots of things can be factors like performances attitude money etc and can effect a recording so im not trying to blame tony, but it sounded really bad compared to the other three records. very muted with the drums way to loud in the mix and the songwriting was kinda weird and patchy in spots. turned it off by track six so ill still rate it last i guess.

I think Refusal is the bestest. Probably the hardest on the ears at first, doesn't have any standout singles but as an album it is the finest. 5% of you agree.

Quarry
World Peace
Ringleader
Years

Swords

World
YOR
Ring
Quarry

Swords is shite.

World Peace
Ringleader
Quarry

Swords

Years of Refusal

There are more great songs on Quarry than on the other three combined.

yeah i love swords. was surprised at how good it was when i first bought and put it in the player

1. World Peace Is None of Your Business
2. Ringleader of the Tormentors
3. Years of Refusal
4. You Are the Quarry

Back
Top Bottom