Favorite bonus track off "World Peace Is None Of Your Business"?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Favorite 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' bonus track?

• Total voters
One of Our Own followed fast by Art-Hounds.
Both, for the music, more than anything. Certainly not for the lyrics- except the 'will I see ya' repeated refrain- which works quite nicely.

One of Our Own followed fast by Art-Hounds.
Both, for the music, more than anything. Certainly not for the lyrics- except the 'will I see ya' repeated refrain- which works quite nicely.

That's the bit I find annoying.

Art-Hounds, undoubtedly. What a truly fantastic track, spine-tingling falsetto.

Agreed! I seriously love the “my life is opera!!!” line so much.

As much as I love Art-Hounds, I ended up casting my vote for One of Our Own - such a mesmerising and haunting song.

Morrissey b-sides are better than most band's a-sides.. sometimes I think they are better than his own. I loved the Swords compilation more than ROTT or YOR. These WPINOYB bonus tracks are great! I have a hard time ranking them just yet.

Julie In The Weeds struck me first. I enjoy the arrangement and am always happy to hear him proclaim the agnostic truth that nobody knows anything. Also Art Hounds and One of Our Own have grabbed my attention. For no discernible reason, as it is not directly comparable, OoOO evokes Cemetery Gates for me. Art Hounds really gets in the head. "In European hushed museums will I see you" is already emblazoned on my brain.

My favourite track is the one after arthounds, that scratchy annoying sound, or was it the needle in my runout, indistinguishable from the rest of the album to be honest

I just don't understand the love for Art-hounds. It has that great intro but it seems to have no relation to the rest of the song; the song itself just doesn't grab me in any way and I find the falsetto annoying and the lyrics too.
Drag the River is my favourite. Possibly my fave off the whole album. It seems to be one of the only songs on the album with genuine emotion behind it.

Drag the River is just glorious. It makes me melt every time I listen to it. More so each time.

I just listened to it, it's like an entirely different album. I love studio Scandinavia. There's a lot more synth strings on these songs which takes some getting used to. His voice is impeccable on every track, the praise for his falsetto in Art Hounds is deserved. I have to chew on this for a few days.

I just listened to it, it's like an entirely different album. I love studio Scandinavia. There's a lot more synth strings on these songs which takes some getting used to. His voice is impeccable on every track, the praise for his falsetto in Art Hounds is deserved. I have to chew on this for a few days.

No, you're wrong, drag the river is best, now say it

The bonus tracks are Early Burglary quality. I can see how none of them fit the sequence or mood of the album, but I'm grateful they were released because they're in many ways superior to the album tracks. And thank god the thudding "Action," "People," and "Looker" will presumably never be released. For a year, those three songs had me worried that the album would be rubbish.

His vocal on Scandinavia is absolutely astonishing. That tightly controlled wail that he uses is constantly on the precipice of utter despair but forges on. Especially the way he phrases 'Pinned to a crime... in Trondheim' and 'Let the people burn/Let their children cry and die in blind asylums'. And those strings; that insistent drum pattern! It's like no other song; certainly nothing Morrissey has ever done.

His vocal on Scandinavia is absolutely astonishing. That tightly controlled wail that he uses is constantly on the precipice of utter despair but forges on. Especially the way he phrases 'Pinned to a crime... in Trondheim' and 'Let the people burn/Let their children cry and die in blind asylums'. And those strings; that insistent drum pattern! It's like no other song; certainly nothing Morrissey has ever done.

Most of the album comes across as a kind of Man Vs Earth documentary, with Morrissey playing Judith Chalmers after drinking too much fake tan. And this song is a bright orange cherry on the top of the whole sickly, demented cake.

Most of the album comes across as a kind of Man Vs Earth documentary, with Morrissey playing Judith Chalmers after drinking too much fake tan. And this song is a bright orange cherry on the top of the whole sickly, demented cake.

I admit it doesn't have Miles Davis's toe-tapping tunes! Or his soporific 'authenticity'.
Damn Morrissey for not sounding as boring as Mogwai or Beck and wanting people to enjoy his songs. Sickening!

As much as I love Art-Hounds, I ended up casting my vote for One of Our Own - such a mesmerising and haunting song.

Yeah the lyrics are very complex, wonder how much time it took to rhyme, could it be a minute or four, maybe more, more with a knock on the door, he had to wait it made him late, turns out it wasn't four, it was five, going for a drive, la la la laaalalaaaa

Yeah the lyrics are very complex, wonder how much time it took to rhyme, could it be a minute or four, maybe more, more with a knock on the door, he had to wait it made him late, turns out it wasn't four, it was five, going for a drive, la la la laaalalaaaa

If you keep working on that you might be able to make it amusing, love.

Back
Top Bottom