Favorite bonus track off "World Peace Is None Of Your Business"?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Favorite 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' bonus track?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1074

What is your favorite song from the 6 additional bonus tracks included on the deluxe edition of 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

Art Hounds. I am not sure why it got relegated to being merely a bonus track--though I actually feel that way about all of them.

Art Hounds. I am not sure why it got relegated to being merely a bonus track--though I actually feel that way about all of them.

I think the bonus tracks would have made a very good album on their own if they had added 'Action Is My Middle Name', 'The Kid's A Looker', and 'People Are The Same Everywhere' to it. Then he would only have been 3 songs shy of a proper album.

My vote goes to Forgive Someone, but I absolutely love every single one of these tracks.

The studio version of Scandinavia left me cold - perhaps a case of familiarity breeding contempt. Art Hounds is a revelation. Forgive Someone and Drag The River are very good.

'One Of Our Own'. The way he sings "give me the gun- I love you" is just f***ing heartbreaking and it's a great song all round. Kinda wish it was on the main part of the album in the place of 'Earth Is The Loneliest Planet' to be honest, because that's the only song in the whole thing that feels like filler.

Last edited:
To me, the album is 18 songs at this point. I can’t see myself only listening to the first 12 tracks, unless I’m listening to the vinyl copy.

One of Our Own is just stunning.

To echo though, all of these are great and we are so lucky to have such a high volume of songs of such high quality.

Art-Hounds! Is it just me, or are these six songs a little bit more 'difficult' (sorry for my poor english, I don't know how else to say this) than the songs on the 'original album'?

I think the bonus tracks would have made a very good album on their own if they had added 'Action Is My Middle Name', 'The Kid's A Looker', and 'People Are The Same Everywhere' to it. Then he would only have been 3 songs shy of a proper album.
The 3 songs you mention were relegated to non-album tracks... Not bad live, but most Morrissey fans myself included knew he was capable of much better. If your comparing them 3 tunes to any of the deluxe tracks...you are not only a shit-stirrer but clueless about music, esp. Morrissey's music.

You sure love your polls don't you Viva? Haha

Have to go with Art-Hounds, but One of our own is a close second.

I dislike that "high school marching band warm-up" intro to Art-Hounds more and more every time I hear it.

I feel like I'm listening to "Hollaback Girl", and it seems so off-putting after years of being subjected to school sporting events, namely all the shambolic marching band adaptations of songs like "Iron Man", which were excruciating to sit through.

Still, I picked Art-Hounds. I've avoided listening to live versions, so I don't know what I'm apparently missing, but I doubt my decision would be different if I had... I like them all, but Art-Hounds really takes the cake. Morrissey sounds like he's straining and out of breath during the chorus at times, but it gives the song a sense of urgency I'm not sure I've heard on any studio recording from his solo career.

Tough to rank them all, but here's what my gut tells me without actually listening to the songs over for comparison:

#6 - Scandinavia
#5 - OoOO (been waiting for an excuse to break that one out)
#4 - Drag the River
#3 - Julie in the Weeds
#2 - Forgive Someone
#1 - Art-Hounds

Last edited:
To me the three-song run of Drag the River, Forgive Someone and Julie in the Weeds are one of the highlights of the album. OOoO (h/t raytownian) fits in there as well. In comparison, Art-Hounds and Scandinavia sound like they were written for a different album, which in effect they were -- the YOR II album that would have had the other three songs we heard in the second wilderness years.

Art Hounds didn't make the album not because it isn't a good song, but because it just doesn't fit anymore. Scandinavia I've never cared for -- it's the only one of the 18 songs I'm skipping.

For me, the favorite bonus track alternates between Julie in the Weeds and Drag the River.

Difficult question to answer but I went with Art-hounds. I love them all. If I had to put the others in order of favorite to least favorite it would be:

One Of Our Own
Forgive Someone
Drag The River
Julie In The Weeds
Scandinavia

Back
Top Bottom