Rate 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Rate 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1074

How do you rate 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

It is much too early for me to make a decision... I'm always changing my ratings for albums Discogs. It's difficult for me to be decisive when it comes to rating things.
I think it is a really great album, but I don't want to commit myself to a numerical rating so soon.

It is much too early for me to make a decision... I'm always changing my ratings for albums Discogs. It's difficult for me to be decisive when it comes to rating things.
I think it is a really great album, but I don't want to commit myself to a numerical rating so soon.

This. I need to live with it a bit more before rating.

ScreenShot2014-07-04at122137AM_zps80d6258b.png

its sick, I've never done that before, even when not propelled to 5 by the lyrics or singing, the music tipped me that way
it all just works so good as a whole, a lost art in 2014, Moz, the band, the producers did a great job :thumb:

taking a step back though, I am sure I will change some to 4 later :o but right now all I can think of is that if the first 90 seconds of I'm Not a Man were cut off, I'd have given that a 5 too :eek:
also, don't know if this version is just better, or I just forgot about it, but man, Art-Hounds frakking tremendous! :guitar:

Last edited:
Still not heard it as I'm waiting for the record to drop through my door before listening. Unfortunately that's been delayed, f***ers.

Better than Years of Refusal which I thought was one of Morrissey's worst efforts ever. It seems the book was quite cathartic.... I quite liked ROTT though.

The production is magnificent as are some of the musical intricacies. Of course a Moz album only reveals it's true worth months, if not years, down the line. But I have high hopes for this. Even if it promises to be "one for the fans" in terms of sales etc

Well, I've listened to the album a fair few times and although it's early days, I feel there is enough material within this deluxe edition to have made this a very strong 10 track album.
Some of these songs warrant no more than b-side status.
Some of the music is quite simply not my cuppa, too latin/European sounding.
There are some great songs within it, don't get me wrong.
Art-hounds is the best track in the album.

This is certainly no Your Arsenal, Vauxhall or Viva Hate, my favourite solo albums, in that order.

For example...

World peace is none of your business
I'm not a man (minus the intro/outro)
Istanbul
Staircase (minus the last minute or so)
Kiss me a lot
Mountjoy
Scandinavia
Drag the river
One of our own
Art-hounds

Not necessarily in this particular order.

As we are as of 19:13 on 03/07/14 - that's an average of 4.37/5 from the Solo vote. Morrissey should be very, very pleased.

P.

I'm extremely pleased with this album. I love how the music takes several twists and turns in different songs. I think his voice sounds crisp - much better than in recent years. The lyrics are strong. Some times silly, other times witty, often times melancholy, but always coming from the heart. It's quite a new direction for Morrissey musically. So, yes, I'll rate this one quite high.

As we are as of 19:13 on 03/07/14 - that's an average of 4.37/5 from the Solo vote. Morrissey should be very, very pleased.

P.

I'm sure he is ecstatic that its leaked early :lbf:

Smiler with knife indeed:cool:

Totally enjoying it.
It sounds like there is an influence from Air's Moon Safari album in places.
There is the usual juxtaposition of 'jolly' tunes with tough subject matter.
The mix I find a bit interesting only in as much as where the instuments are placed in the stereo field. I'm assuming that's a quirk of the producer.
Love the hammond-esque organ sounds.
Only real criticism is the over use of synth strings. I think real strings would have given a couple of tracks a bit more weight.
As for leaks... Well, the press and radio already had copies and it appeared on piratebay the night of the launch party. Not devastating really - given almost no artist's new album in recent years has escaped similar.
Definitely a diverse album and enjoyable.
Regards,
FWD

4,5 stars, I think it's great! Currently loving 'Staircase', 'Not a man', 'Oboe' and 'Art Hounds' most of the songs that are not released yet.

Back
Top Bottom