Favorite song off 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Favorite song off 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

• World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Neal Cassady Drops Dead

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I'm Not A Man

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Istanbul

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Earth Is The Loneliest Planet

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Staircase At The University

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • The Bullfighter Dies

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Kiss Me A Lot

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Smiler With Knife

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Kick The Bride Down The Aisle

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Mountjoy

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Oboe Concerto

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
Oh I see, but do you like Kick The Bride...?

I have had to make an edited playlist deleting those 4 early songs as I over played them to death so now on my computer at least I am only listening to the other 8 songs so they can catch up. I guess when the deluxe CD comes out this friday I am going to have to play catch up again. I can't believe I still have half an album's worth of songs still to hear! Fantastic!

LOVE “Kick The Bride Down The Aisle”. I need to start listening to it as an album of 12 songs, actually. I have yet to just listen to it like that...always go for the full 18.

Oh I see, but do you like Kick The Bride...?

I have had to make an edited playlist deleting those 4 early songs as I over played them to death so now on my computer at least I am only listening to the other 8 songs so they can catch up. I guess when the deluxe CD comes out this friday I am going to have to play catch up again. I can't believe I still have half an album's worth of songs still to hear! Fantastic!

I think you will be blown away by those extra tracks. Parts of them sound like really cool lounge music. it's like he made an indie lounge music EP. Haha.

The music on Kick the Bride reminds me of something you might hear on the soundtrack to a Tarantino movie. In fact when I hear him sing those opening lyrics I keep seeing Bill in the marriage scene from Kill Bill, LOL.

LOVE “Kick The Bride Down The Aisle”. I need to start listening to it as an album of 12 songs, actually. I have yet to just listen to it like that...always go for the full 18.

I treat the 18 as a whole album. The only change on my playlist I've made is to sandwich the extra tracks in between 'Kick the Bride' and 'Mountjoy/Oboe' as I think they really deserve to be the last 2 tracks on the album. Un-f***ing-belivable consistency.

I treat the 18 as a whole album. The only change on my playlist I've made is to sandwich the extra tracks in between 'Kick the Bride' and 'Mountjoy/Oboe' as I think they really deserve to be the last 2 tracks on the album. Un-f***ing-belivable consistency.

That’s an interesting take! I just love the way Art-Hounds ends on such a bombastic high note though too. I can see both ways working.

That’s an interesting take! I just love the way Art-Hounds ends on such a bombastic high note though too. I can see both ways working.

Oboe Concerto is just so beautiful especially as it bleeds in from Mountjoy I just love them as album closers.

Top Five (Alpha):

I'm Not a Man
Istanbul
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
Smiler With Knife
World Peace Is None of Your Business

Favorite B-Side:

Art-Hounds

Likely to change in the future. Great album. :D

I think you will be blown away by those extra tracks. Parts of them sound like really cool lounge music. it's like he made an indie lounge music EP. Haha.

The music on Kick the Bride reminds me of something you might hear on the soundtrack to a Tarantino movie. In fact when I hear him sing those opening lyrics I keep seeing Bill in the marriage scene from Kill Bill, LOL.

I just love the whole waltz beat it has to it. I picture Mozzer and Kristeen dancing a waltz during the chorus singing over each other's shoulders and then that mandolin type sound floats in and I'm gone... f***ing gone!

I am fully prepared to be blown away. I would love to have the bonus songs on vinyl but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. They should totally release and EP with the bonus tracks. I am definitely with you on the Tarantino sound or more I was thinking wild west style music aka gunslingers etc...

I just love the whole waltz beat it has to it. I picture Mozzer and Kristeen dancing a waltz during the chorus singing over each other's shoulders and then that mandolin type sound floats in and I'm gone... f***ing gone!

I am fully prepared to be blown away. I would love to have the bonus songs on vinyl but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. They should totally release and EP with the bonus tracks. I am definitely with you on the Tarantino sound or more I was thinking wild west style music aka gunslingers etc...

Have you listened to the bonus tracks yet? Haven't seen you post about them and interested what you think.

lolol

Agreed, tremendous. Indeed, the last four tracks are fantastic. Oboe Concerto is the best closing track since Speedway.

I do reckon this album is up there with Vauxhall...

The bonus tracks prove Moz still has Vauxhall and I in him. I love one of our own, drag the river, forgive someone, Julie in the weeds. I get the feeling these are the songs moz likes writing, but doesn't think they're commercial now. I have a problem with art hounds, and to a lesser extend Neal Cassady, which is that I think morrissey doesn't quite reach those top note in his full voice (not falsetto). It was the same with I'm okay by myself and the b side version of kids a looker - those 'ooooohs' that sound strained and don't quite make it. Generally his voice is still incredible but he should stick to his range or break into falsetto.

The bonus tracks prove Moz still has Vauxhall and I in him. I love one of our own, drag the river, forgive someone, Julie in the weeds. I get the feeling these are the songs moz likes writing, but doesn't think they're commercial now. I have a problem with art hounds, and to a lesser extend Neal Cassady, which is that I think morrissey doesn't quite reach those top note in his full voice (not falsetto). It was the same with I'm okay by myself and the b side version of kids a looker - those 'ooooohs' that sound strained and don't quite make it. Generally his voice is still incredible but he should stick to his range or break into falsetto.

Oh finally someone! I love the new record but was keep thinking myself, is it just me who hears Morrissey struggling with high notes? it's like.....okay.....stretching.....stretching to get there.,....but not quite there.

Staircase at the university is a great song! would be a great single, moz has always had a habbit of releasing the wrong singles and he's at it again, get your best songs out as quick as possible to the masses!!

Only first listened to World Peace yesterday so won't vote just yet, but I'm Not A Man, Istanbul, Staircase and Kiss Me A Lot are my early favourites. Still have the Deluxe tracks to listen to today. Good times to be a Moz fan!

Oh finally someone! I love the new record but was keep thinking myself, is it just me who hears Morrissey struggling with high notes? it's like.....okay.....stretching.....stretching to get there.,....but not quite there.

Well that makes 2 of you at least :)

Back
Top Bottom