D

Deleted member 1074

Don't be a Cuomophobe...

Appreciate Weezer.
Weezer appreciates you.
Rivers_Cuomo_1_1.jpg

It's time to get GAY GAY GAY DISNEY GAY

Last edited by a moderator:
First album is a classic, Pinkerton will be buried with me; Green album was decent. I can't listen to any of their LPs after that. And yes, I've tried often.

Their singles are always top notch, though.

I love Weezer! The first two albums are definitely the best. Took me YEARS to get into anything beyond that. Rivers needs a little quality control though. If you took the best songs from the last couple albums you could make a really good 10 song LP.

I like Weezer alot, although I rarely listen to their music. Their first album (the Blue album) is my favorite. My second favorite would have to be "Maladroit," although I really only like 6 or 7 songs on the album. "Slob" and "Burndt Jamb" are great songs! "Slave," "Take Control," and "Fall Together" are good songs. "Death and Destruction" and "Keep Fishin'" are solid. The "Keep Fishin'" video is one of their best.

I have to be honest, I was disappointed with "Pinkerton" when I bought it in '96. It has grown on me a bit over the years, especially the excellent "Across the Sea." I love that song. "The Good Life" and "El Scorcho" are true Weezer classics! "Pink Triangle" and "Tired of Sex" are good. The other five songs I'm not able to listen to in their entirety. Tracks 2 and 3 really bug me. I can barely stand the "Green" album. "Island in the Sun" is one of my favorite songs of all time by any musical artist. I love that song, but the rest of the album just doesn't excite me. I should give it another listen, it's been many years since I've listened to it.

I bought "Make Believe" and "Weezer (the Red Album)" and liked a few of the songs. "This Is Such A Pity," "The Damage in Your Heart," and "Heart Songs" are all really good! I remember hearing the first single from "Raditude," and really disliking it, so I never gave the album a chance. (The album cover is incredible though!) I haven't heard any of the songs off of "Hurley."

I do like Weezer a lot though. I like Rivers and the other five guys who've been in the band. (RIP, Mikey Welsh.) They all seem to be down-to-Earth, decent, and cool human beings. I just went through their discography and realized that I love 16 of their songs! They recorded ten of those songs in the first three years of their existence. According to rollingstone.com the band is going to release their 10th studio album soon, which is entitled, "Everything Will Be Alright in the End." The album is produced by the talented Ric Ocasek. Apparently, for the past three months, Weezer have been teasing their upcoming album with in-studio snippets, all at the delight of their rabid fan base. Here are the three in-studio snippets....

Untitled.

-snippet from a cut called, "The Waste Land"

-snippet from "Ain't Got Nobody"

-I like all three teases. Hopefully this will be a bold album.

"Jamie" by Weezer

"Jamie, Believe me, I won't let you down (won't let you down)

cuz you are the best lawyer in town"

"Slob" by Weezer

"Leave, me again

Don't hang out, in my den

waiting for little clues to appear

that I drank some of Granddaddy's beer"

-thanks to ShanimalsCrackers for downloading this incredibly loud video into YouTube.

ShanimalsCrackers.jpg

-the borderline ridiculously named, ShanimalsCrackers.

"Burndt Jamb" by Weezer

"This Is Such A Pity" by Weezer

"I don't want to be a chump

you think I'm a fascist pig

right now everything is black..."

-This video includes all of the fantastic lyrics in the song. Beautiful vocals & music. Beautiful song.

"Heart Songs" by Weezer

Apparently, Weezer is embarking on a bold venture with their brand new studio effort, simply entitled, "Everything Will Be Alright in the End."

Weezer 2014..jpg

Weezer, circa 2014.

I love Weezer, one of the BEST concerts I've been to was Weezer at the Mid State Fair in Paso Robles. Rivers wore a Templeton Grain trucker's cap, it's the local feed store. He is an amazing performer and just super cool husband and father with a hippie background.

"No One Else" by Weezer

"Island in the Sun" by Weezer

-One of the greatest songs of all-time by anyone! Tremendous lyrics, music, and vocals.

-Also one of the greatest videos of all-time by anyone! Directed by Spike Jonze.

"Slave" by Weezer

The best Weezer song is "Teenage Dirtbag" and it's not really Weezer, so what does that tell you?

weezer is great though im not the pinkerton fan everyone else seems to be, i have no problems with sex and i dont think its aged the best. maladroidt is probably my fav weezer album as i love slave and dope nose. first four albums are classics and everything after is more hit or miss but still great. new one is looking very promising. dope nose is probably the best weezer single of any period

The sound quality is outstanding in this YouTube clip...

poster_-_ace_frehley.jpg Peter Criss.jpg

Weezer's one of the bands I can only listen to in small doses, like Cake and Interpol. I can't imagine doing a discography marathon of them, or even a double album.

Weezer's one of the bands I can only listen to in small doses, like Cake and Interpol. I can't imagine doing a discography marathon of them, or even a double album.

I have similar issues, I can play no more than 1 hour of Weezer at a go and sometimes afterwards I'm like, why did I listen to all that :confused::squiffy::o
this most of all comes when playing a track I did not put on my above list

:blushing:
because this inevitably leads to watching a bunch of
boa.png

BoA videos :brows::eek::lbf:

First album is a classic, Pinkerton will be buried with me; Green album was decent. I can't listen to any of their LPs after that. And yes, I've tried often.

Their singles are always top notch, though.

I feel pretty much the same, though I grandfather in some songs from Maladroit and the Red album. Make Believe, Hurley, and Raditude were flat out painful to listen to. I'm hoping the new album has a flavor of the "old school" Weezer.

I remember before Pinkerton came out when the “rumor” was that he quit to go to college....turned out to be pretty true.

I'm pretty sure he went to Harvard, on two different occasions. He definitely went to an Ivy League school not too long after "Pinkerton" surfaced. I'm 90% sure it was Harvard. I'm almost certain that years later he went back to further his education. I just spent a minute on Wikipedia trying to find this, but I have to jet in ten minutes so I stopped looking.

I can't wait until this new album breaks. I'm really excited about it!

I feel pretty much the same, though I grandfather in some songs from Maladroit and the Red album. Make Believe, Hurley, and Raditude were flat out painful to listen to. I'm hoping the new album has a flavor of the "old school" Weezer.

I agree that most of the songs on "Make Believe" were sort of painful to listen to. However, there were a couple of tracks that I Love. Here's a beautiful, beautiful song......

"Damage in Your Heart" by Weezer

"One more loss, in a losing life

Doesn't hurt so bad, anymore

Let it go, the damage in your heart

Let it go, the damage in your heart"

-One of their true best.

Other songs on "Make Believe" that I really like are "This is Such A Pity" (posted this song in a post above), "We Are All On Drugs," and one other song, further down the track listing, that I'm not able to garner the name at the present time. It may be "Freak Me Out." "My Best Friend" is nice too, if I remember correctly. I haven't listened to those songs in years, and don't have time to do so now.

Back
Top Bottom