Hi

Jolly Slugg

Hi
I'm new here.
I'm from Tasmania Australia.
I'm new to Morrissey but am looking forward to exploring more.

I'm sorry if I don't come across well - I have a disability and social interaction in the real world has been difficult because of it.

Welcome to the forums, Slugg.
Social interaction is only difficult if you make it that way. Try to take it easy :)
Nice to have you here!

Social interaction is only difficult if you make it that way. Try to take it easy

What a classic example of an extrovert trying to change an introvert. While I'm sure this statement was meant to be helpful, remarks like this, in my opinion, seem more demeaning than helpful. Are you trying to say that there's obviously something wrong with someone for feeling social anxiety or having strained interactions? That's how it comes across. Take that nonsense, load it up on the Quarry bandwagon, and keep on rolling.

What a classic example of an extrovert trying to change an introvert. While I'm sure this statement was meant to be helpful, remarks like this, in my opinion, seem more demeaning than helpful. Are you trying to say that there's obviously something wrong with someone for feeling social anxiety or having strained interactions? That's how it comes across. Take that nonsense, load it up on the Quarry bandwagon, and keep on rolling.

I agree. Social anxiety isn't a choice.

I wouldn't consider myself an extrovert at all, lol.
My statement wasn't meant to be demeaning at all. I blame the internet for this.
Wasn't written at face value.

Social interaction is only difficult if you make it that way. Try to take it easy.
What I meant by this is, If you're going to step out your house stressed and over thinking every scenario you may encounter, looks people may or may not give you, etc. You're only going to make it more difficult on yourself. Go out confident, relaxed, and take it easy..

I'm not here to spit on my hand and welcome someone new and fresh to the forums.
I'll let someone else do that.

Back
Top Bottom