Tell something slightly, moderately, or very unusual @ yourself, preferably that no one else knows

Re: Tell something slightly, moderately, or very unusual @ yourself, preferably that no one else kno

The thought of getting a massage at a spa fills me with dread. I can think of nothing less relaxing than being groped by a stranger.

I agree. And if you think about it, pedicures are disgusting. There are way too many ways to not clean the tools right and take on the last lady's fungus or rash or whatever. It should be more regulated than a restaurant and it isn't.

Re: Tell something slightly, moderately, or very unusual @ yourself, preferably that no one else kno

The thought of getting a massage at a spa fills me with dread. I can think of nothing less relaxing than being groped by a stranger.

Kind of on topic... I always likened massage therapy to prostitution. You are paying someone else to pleasure you. And someone is getting paid to give you pleasure. There is a very gray area there. One is legal; the other isn't. If it weren't for the exchange of body fluids, and risk of pregnancy, there really wouldn't be much of a difference. One is medicalized. But since when isn't sexual pleasure therapeutic? I don't see a difference. If getting a massage is legal in fifty states then getting a hand job should be as well. Licensing for both. Safety and hygienic practices. Why not?!

Would I pay to be pleasured? Sure. Would I want to be a prostitute for sex or massaging. Hell no.

The massage chairs you find at airports are equally horrific!

Kind of on topic... I always likened massage therapy to prostitution. You are paying someone else to pleasure you. And someone is getting paid to give you pleasure. There is a very gray area there. One is legal; the other isn't. If it weren't for the exchange of body fluids, and risk of pregnancy, there really wouldn't be much of a difference. One is medicalized. But since when isn't sexual pleasure therapeutic? I don't see a difference. If getting a massage is legal in fifty states then getting a hand job should be as well. Licensing for both. Safety and hygienic practices. Why not?!

Would I pay to be pleasured? Sure. Would I want to be a prostitute for sex or massaging. Hell no.

I'm in favor of legalizing everything anyone wants to do that doesn't put others unwillingly at risk, but that doesn't mean I want to partake in any of it. :p I even tell hairdressers not to massage my neck/scalp more than necessary for proper shampooing. Same goes for the nail salon. I find the idea of intimacy with strangers totally revolting. I've never even had makeup put on me by another person—it's too close.

I don't care what anyone else does, though, just as long as they leave me out of it!

The massage chairs you find at airports are equally horrific!

BARF. All I can think about when I see those things is bacteria from dried sweat and face oils.

I'm in favor of legalizing everything anyone wants to do that doesn't put others unwillingly at risk, but that doesn't mean I want to partake in any of it. :p I even tell hairdressers not to massage my neck/scalp more than necessary for proper shampooing. Same goes for the nail salon. I find the idea of intimacy with strangers totally revolting. I've never even had makeup put on me by another person—it's too close.

I don't care what anyone else does, though, just as long as they leave me out of it!

What about doctors and nurses? Does their poking and probing give you the heebie jeebies as well? Could you hold hands with a child who was not related to you?

Perhaps you should all think twice before posting here, you're various mental issues don't come over well.

I agree. And if you think about it, pedicures are disgusting. There are way too many ways to not clean the tools right and take on the last lady's fungus or rash or whatever. It should be more regulated than a restaurant and it isn't.

Lots of people have gotten really hideous fungal and staph infections from nail salons. It's amazing to me that they're not regulated like tattoo parlors! I go to a place that opens a sterilized, sealed pack of tools right in front of you before your manicure. Then when it's done, they go in a closed bin to be sent out and autoclaved/resealed off-site.

What about doctors and nurses? Does their poking and probing give you the heebie jeebies as well? Could you hold hands with a child who was not related to you?

No problem with doctors. I don't think anyone particularly likes being examined, but that's just life. I (thankfully) see that completely differently from pleasure-driven industries like massage, etc. (Same goes for helping children cross streets.)

Last edited:

Perhaps you should all think twice before posting here, you're various mental issues don't come over well.

Hah, I'm already very public and open about my various and harmless neuroses elsewhere, both on and offline. Everyone has some kind of issue with something or other—it's really not a big deal. I'm not concerned with "coming over" as anything other than the person I am. There's a great solidarity that comes with discovering that another person has the same weird quirks you do, too. Ain't no shame.

When I was a kid I had straight teeth and was envious of my friends who had braces and braces-related issues so I made a retainer out of soldering wire and wore it around. I even made a case for it by dumping my dad's drill bits out and using the bit box. I added stickers on it. I got caught and got in trouble. :o

i used to be somewhat bothered by bacteria and all that until my wife who has an organic chemistry degree explained to me simply whats in the air. i really dont worry any more

I use to eat this spearmint flavored paste when I was a kid. Didn't everybody though?

pasteycakes.jpg

I never ate glue. Or scabs. Or boogers. I ate an entire jar of olives once.

When I was 14, I ate a 5 pound box of chocolates, ended up in the E.R., barfing bile (T.M.I.), Doc said "now I am injecting you with something 20x stronger than aspirin" and I thought I was going to die.

When I was 14, I ate a 5 pound box of chocolates, ended up in the E.R., barfing bile (T.M.I.), Doc said "now I am injecting you with something 20x stronger than aspirin" and I thought I was going to die.

They took you to the ER for eating chocolate? WHat are you, a dog? :D

Chocolate is a toxin that can be tolerated in humans in relatively small doses. Generally, an O.D. would be accompanied by at least a second symptom (probably severe headache). Your head probably wouldn't have exploded but given what you said, depending on the bile, you could have departed from dehydration

http://effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/mobile/guide.cfm?pid=1716

I dislike push button toilets.

I like toilets with levers.

Sometimes when I'm mad at the world or really frustrated and want everything to stop, I drive without a seatbelt. I probably should stop doing that.

I went through this phase in college of having car crash nightmares regularly. I always imagined that's how I'd go, but now I think it's memories of past lives sorting themselves out in my brain.

Sometimes, I use this thread to flirt with other Soloists.

I can't walk down a flight of stairs (or worse, an escalator) without visualizing myself tumbling all the way to the bottom. I imagine how many bones would break (and how they'd sound when they snap), whether my skull could crack, if something I'm carrying could possibly impale me, and, most of all, how many teeth would get knocked out of my head…and whether I'd be able to find them.

Back
Top Bottom