The Cure thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

Decided to pop in Bloodflowers for the umpteenth time. Oh boy, what a fantastic album in every way.

What is your favorite album by The Cure?

Great thread; it's about time. I have no excuse for not making it myself.

Disintegration is so obvious as an answer but it's still my answer. Wish is a close second.

The Head On The Door, though, has Push and Six Different Ways, two of my favorite songs.

My top ten songs would be The Big Hand, Too Late, Push, Six Different Ways, End, Plainsong, Speak My Language, Catch, Three Imaginary Boys, Where The Birds Always Sing...but the list changes often.

And Harold and Joe.

And The Perfect Girl.

And Signal To Noise.

And The Reasons Why.

And Bananafishbones.

I'll shut up now.

Just One Kiss (Extended Mix) is my favorite Cure song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to pop in Bloodflowers for the umpteenth time. Oh boy, what a fantastic album in every way.

What is your favorite album by The Cure?

Oh please. Bar a few catchy pop singles in the 80s, the Cure are bloody awful.

Black Session; I think from around the time of Wild Mood Swings.

Excellent sound.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/tlkyig

capture_20140623_081302.png

It's a toss up between Head on the Door and Disintegration. I really love Standing On A Beach, too - though it's not a studio album. It's hard to decide, really. They're a great band.

Thanks for this, Difficult question this as Disintegration is one of the top10 best albums ever made, but standing on a beach is the finest collection of singles released on one piece of vinyl. Standing On A Beach gets my vote.

I love Seventeen Seconds!!!

fave Cure song
06_zps02c97c16.gif
well, over the last 7 years its been :

cure16_zps635746cc.jpg

these 16 according to last fm
some of which really surprises me :confused:
given that there is so much feeling, for me, wrapped up in playing songs off of
The+Cure+-+Standing+On+A+Beach+-+The+Singles+-+CASSETTE+ALBUM-367194.jpg

which I got from a friend when I was in the Persian Gulf, especially Killing an Arab :straightface:
as the years go by, I can sometimes get quite choked up just from hearing the opening of it :o
even weirder is that I've played Friday I'm in Love an average of 9 times a year since September of 2006
so shortly before my divorce and this song was one of "our songs" :crazy: just hearing it tore me up for a long time
but hey, I guess time does heal all wounds so great :thumb:
as to fave albums, I did not buy a Cure "album"* until I bought Disintegration after I got back from the war
pretty much played that album to death too and it likely would have been one of my "go to" albums after my divorce if not for the fact that my really good friend and roommate would play it real loud while he took a long bath and :tears:
I guess once I've so completely identified something as somebody else's music for when they are particularly broken hearted
then its just not the same for me anymore, the amazing thing to me was that he was able to use playing it real loud in a darkened bathroom while he took a bath over more than one break up :squiffy:

anyways, its 4 am here and I am finally sleepy

*=somehow I got by with just cassettes of Boys Don't Cry & Japanese Whispers for years

Last edited:
Does anybody like The Cure?
Really?

Picking that is just like my Missus singing "I got confused - I killed a horse. I can't help the way that I feel." and sniggering every time the Morrissey lyrical genius conversation comes up. I mean every time it comes up, and i never start these conversations, but every time, for the last 30 years.

First time hearing this extended mix. Love it.

It's the best. The lyrics get me every time. I picture it being a revamped, contemporary single with visuals of an island with a big storm overhead.

Some of Robert's best lyrics, too.

I was so chuffed when they played it live during the encore recently at some shows.

Remember the time that you rained all night
The queen of Siam in my arms
Remember the time that the islands sank
But nobody opened their eyes

Remember the time that the trees fell down
The wood crashing through the wall
Remember the sound that could wake the dead
But nobody woke up at all

Somebody died for this
Somebody died for just one kiss

Remember the time that the sky went black
We waited alone on the sands
Remember the taste of the raging sea
But nobody held out their hands

Somebody died for this
Somebody died
For just one kiss

It's the best. The lyrics get me every time. I picture it being a revamped, contemporary single with visuals of an island with a big storm overhead.

Some of Robert's best lyrics, too.

I was so chuffed when they played it live during the encore recently at some shows.

Remember the time that you rained all night
The queen of Siam in my arms
Remember the time that the islands sank
But nobody opened their eyes

Remember the time that the trees fell down
The wood crashing through the wall
Remember the sound that could wake the dead
But nobody woke up at all

Somebody died for this
Somebody died for just one kiss

Remember the time that the sky went black
We waited alone on the sands
Remember the taste of the raging sea
But nobody held out their hands

Somebody died for this
Somebody died
For just one kiss

I have listened to it at least twenty times today. So glad you posted it. Am gonna listen again. I too love the lyrics.

Disintegration is a perfect album as far as I'm concerned. Not one weak track. Nothing else they've done has ever been as perfectly cohesive. Bloodflowers is a close second for me.

Back
Top Bottom