Should Morrissey attempt to tour again this year?

What have you heard?

A slap in the face to those who had tickets to US shows he cancelled. Whoever insured him is a brave person.

I haven't heard anything. It was just my answer to the thread question.

I don't see the problem in him taking three solid months off to get good and strong and then doing a tour of the UK & Ireland. The distances he'd need to travel between shows aren't as big, and there's no place like home.

It wouldn't be a slap in the face to anyone. He was ill and cancelled. He'll get better and tour again.

I heard he's going to announce retirement from performin soon. I think that is best.

:eek: I hope your not being serious!

Sadly, yes. I wish I hadn't.

Oh, great! The nth Divine Anonymous Source of Universal Knowledge posts hearsay BS expecting all readers of this message board to be as gullible as first graders.
You’re a dime a dozen, and the likes of you bore me far more than they irritate me. Feels like f-ing Groundhog Day (the movie) with you.
Your answer to the comment quoted should have ended with “weren’t”, by the way. Sadly, it didn’t.

I wish he would, but he's got to be absolutely mortified at how everything turned out this go 'round. I don't think for a minute he or anyone in the band was THAT sick. I've been going to shows for years where the performers work more often, are the same age or older than he, etc. If he needs to perform (and wouldn't we all want that adulation), it would make more sense (to me anyway) to give another day off between shows as it's got to be rough traveling via bus or whatever mode of transport, only to get up and have to give it your all the next day.

I wish him well regardless; I love his music, his lyrics, and most of all - his beautiful voice. My son and I have seen many, many performances together and were hoping to add four or five more this tour, t'was not to be.

Be well and best wishes, Mozza.
JMG

I don't think for a minute he or anyone in the band was THAT sick.

I agree with this. Something went terribly wrong and caused the tour to crash and burn, but I just simply do not believe serious illness was at play. At least not the cold virus type of illness. Drama, heartache, depression, exhaustion.... something along these lines seems more likely.

Last edited:
I agree, something else was going on. In that photo of him with the fan in Miami, he looked MISERABLE.

I saw a comedian in Charlotte last fall, and he was practically half-dead with pneumonia, hacking on stage, a fever, the works. Granted, he's 42 and not singing, he did perform for 2 hours and was sick for the entire tour and didn't postpone or cancel at all. I did get extremely ill from shaking his hand and being front row center, however.

There have been many performers who go up there and do their job while sick. I saw Morrissey in Boston and he didn't act sick at all. The ambulance did come-but who knows? Maybe he was having bad anxiety and depression during the tour and insisted on the ambulance.

Moz is far too restless a soul to not tour and travel. He'd rather die onstage or during travel that put his feet up at home. He used to say he looked good for his age comparing with other people his age but greek widows do not count.

If Morrissey is fit and up for touring then I would welcome it. With his health scares over the past few years it would maybe be wise to play gigs every few days rather than the intense tour dates he has been doing.

If Morrissey is fit and up for touring then I would welcome it. With his health scares over the past few years it would maybe be wise to play gigs every few days rather than the intense tour dates he has been doing.

With him spending more and more time in dreary Switzerland listening to sound of the cuckoo clocks I doubt we will see him around for much longer because that is the country you go to when you are about to die.

Residencies are the answer. 3-5 Nights (or longer if a market bears) at mid-sized venues in NY, LA, Las Vegas, Chicago, Austin, London, Dublin, Manchester, Paris, Rome, etc. Tickets will sell out, fans will come and attend multiple shows, and it's a far easier schedule than busing around to backwaters in far-off places for one night stands.

He has done this with successful results in the past. ("venue plumbing issues" during an excessive 10 night run in LA in 2007 notwithstanding)

Last edited:
I heard October for the UK. Does he honestly think touring again is a good idea? We should take bets on how many dates he lasts.

I vote yes, but he should cancel the tour before he announces it, to save time

image.jpg

The Hammerstein shows in 2007 were a huge success although tickets were going for as low as $10 day of. The Roundhouse London residency started off with a bang and then he got sick and this happened..It was so rough down in the front I was kinda relieved the show was over.

Residencies are the answer. 3-5 Nights (or longer if a market bears) at mid-sized venues in NY, LA, Las Vegas, Chicago, Austin, London, Dublin, Manchester, Paris, Rome, etc. Tickets will sell out, fans will come and attend multiple shows, and it's a far easier schedule than busing around to backwaters in far-off places for one night stands.

He has done this with successful results in the past. ("venue plumbing issues" during an excessive 10 night run in LA in 2007 notwithstanding)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom