Who will win the World Cup ?

Who will win the World Cup ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not watching the rest of this on principle! It's getting like big brother!

:crazy:
:thumb:
:D
:drama:

VanPer.jpg

So next sunday the winner of the match between the 2002 finalists will play the winner of the match between the 1978 finalists at Maracana. Will it result in a 1986/1990 or 1974-final? Or an all new one? Will it be all an all South-American or an all European one or South American/European one. Certainly all classic fixtures with great history.

How will the Brazilian team deal with the missing of two key players? Can the Germans beat the hosts? Argentinia, can they take advantage of a Holland side which had to go into extra-time. Every team has a similar chance of winning it I think. But it will probably be a repeat of the 86/90-finals.

I'm going for a repeat of the 1990 final. The similarities being a very mediocre Argentina who have the best player in the World and a very efficient German team that will eventually win it. Brazil are shite so as long as the referee doesn't cheat them through again they'll be out and I think the Argies will be organised enough to see off the Dutch.

The World Cup will be won by the least worst team. Germany by a whisker.

The dream final would be Brazil - Argentina. Obviously.

Then I hope that Argentina crushes Brazil at the Maracanã.

Losing in front of their home crowd...

Brazil are shit, as are Argentina bar the incredible Messi. Germany and the Netherlands are better sides with just as much hatred for each other.

Brazil are shit, as are Argentina bar the incredible Messi. Germany and the Netherlands are better sides with just as much hatred for each other.

I agree that Brazil haven't impressed. But they have played with a lot of energy and determination. I think that, and the home crowd, can secure a victory against a better Germany. And no, Argentina have also not impressed but I think that neither have the Netherlands. Except for Robben they are just as boring as Argentina with the exception of Messi. And now with a Higuain that has scored and gained confidence I think they will win. And come on - Brazil against Argentina in Brazil at the Maracanã would be a way better final than Germany against the Netherlands.

I agree that Brazil haven't impressed. But they have played with a lot of energy and determination. I think that, and the home crowd, can secure a victory against a better Germany. And no, Argentina have also not impressed but I think that neither have the Netherlands. Except for Robben they are just as boring as Argentina with the exception of Messi. And now with a Higuain that has scored and gained confidence I think they will win. And come on - Brazil against Argentina in Brazil at the Maracanã would be a way better final than Germany against the Netherlands.

Brazil of 86 against Argentina of 86 definitely. This Brazil side have got to where they are because of thuggery and bent refs, they're shite and a final with them in it will be shite. It comes to something when I really want Germany to win but I really want Germany to win.

I wouldn't mind watching the coronation of Messi. And also to be rid of that inane argument of how he can never be considered the best until he wins the World Cup.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Germans. They're worthy as the best team in the world at the moment.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Dutch win. Van Gaal has done splendidly with his tactics.

I'd go mental if the Brazilians won.

^^^^^^^^
Exactly. Brazil must lose and they must lose tomorrow. In sport does one have to hate in order to love? I hate the Boston Celtics. I love the Los Angeles Lakers. I hate Brazil in football, feel indifferent to most of the rest of the other nations, respect the Germans, and root for England, U.S.A., Portugal, Argentina, and Holland. 5 teams is plenty to support. But Brazil they must die. They must. They make my blood boil. And I enjoy the entire sport more because of them. I love to hate them.

p.s. Is Neymar's injury exactly what the Brazilians need to get their shit together? Could this be the kick in the pants they needed for other players to step up and Samba all the way to winning the tournament?

And as the Brazilian riot police nervously grasp their shields...

WTF have I just witnessed? Shocking.

p.s. Is Neymar's injury exactly what the Brazilians need to get their shit together? Could this be the kick in the pants they needed for other players to step up and Samba all the way to winning the tournament?

Evidently not. Althoughy I think Thiago Silva is a bigger miss.

The only sporting capitulation close to this (that I can recalll at the mo) is Jean Van De Valde in the 1999 British Golf Open. And I hate golf

Dayuuuuuum Brazil. Try a little. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom