Who will win the World Cup ?

Who will win the World Cup ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
U.S.A. 2 / Portugal 2

Sitting on 4 points at the top of the group with Germany. :thumb:

Giving up a goal to Portugal with seconds to play in stoppage time, a win that would have seen us through to the Round of 16. :head-smack:

U.S.A. 2 / Portugal 2

Sitting on 4 points at the top of the group with Germany. :thumb:

Giving up a goal to Portugal with seconds to play in stoppage time, a win that would have seen us through to the Round of 16. :head-smack:

You needed to beat Portugal really, that's a proper tough group. Still, Germany couldn't win their last game...

WorldCupFlowchart_NEW_l6v3385x_txk68erv.jpg

Well, Italy going out, ok for me, but it's fair to say that Italy didn't deserve that red card and obviously Suarez should have been sent off...

Well, Italy going out, ok for me, but it's fair to say that Italy didn't deserve that red card and obviously Suarez should have been sent off...

I'm sure he'll be retroactively punished. It's his third time doing it. I understand that a moment of stupidity happens and biting someone seemed like a good idea but three times!

I'm sure he'll be retroactively punished. It's his third time doing it. I understand that a moment of stupidity happens and biting someone seemed like a good idea but three times!

Agreed he might miss the rest of the WC. Also had to think of his handball against Ghana 2010. I mean great striker, but...

Last edited:
I haven't seen the Suarez bite properly yet - was it as blatant as the Ivanovic incident?

Pretty much the same except he fell over and rolled around on the ground holding his teeth after, brilliant!

Like they were saying on the telly, he knew he'd done wrong as all his team mates were leaping around celebrating after the game and he just trudged off.

I wonder what effect this latest incident will have on the two Spanish clubs' interest in Suarez. One way to look at it is that he won't be banned from La Liga games, and his price might even go down by a smidgen. (Or in other words, one can only hope.)

In any event, the western hemisphere teams are playing out of their minds. Love this World Cup so far.

The way Suarez bites is very like young kids with ADHD/Asperger's who I've seen do it when anxious and stressed. Not attempting to excuse him at all, but it almost seems like he regresses into a child-like ADHD state on the pitch at times.

Anyway, how entertaining have Columbia been? Very enjoyable watching them the other day.

The way Suarez bites is very like young kids with ADHD/Asperger's who I've seen do it when anxious and stressed. Not attempting to excuse him at all, but it almost seems like he regresses into a child-like ADHD state on the pitch at times.

Anyway, how entertaining have Columbia been? Very enjoyable watching them the other day.

I thought the same when he bit that other fella, and as he's done it again. Also the rolling about after holding his teeth was quite similar. I wouldn't be surprised if there's something up with him that's gone unnoticed.

I haven't seen Columbia at all yet, a mate's got them in a sweep stake, he's impressed!

I'm glad Costa Rica and Chile advanced! I hope one of them wins it all. I haven't been able to watch very much of the World Cup, too busy doing stuff I don't want to do. The only game I've seen, in its entirety, was the Argentina vs. Iran match. Iran represented themselves very well in that game. I was glad that Argentina won though. Messi is having an awesome World Cup! He's singlehandedly carrying Argentina right now. Why did the coach leave Carlos Tevez off of the roster? Is he hurt or something? He's a tremendous goal scorer.

Luis Suarez has disappointed many times in his professional career, whether it be the racial comments or the biting incidents. I don't fault him for the hand ball in the game against Ghana, in the 2010 World Cup. If he wouldn't have used his hand, the ball would've gone in the goal. Ghana would've advanced to the semifinals. An example of poor sportmanship? Yes, but who cares what people think. I would've done the exact same thing. It was amazing watching Suarez getting kicked out of the game and then pacing nervously in one of the corridors that lead off of the field. He was all alone and you could tell he was anxious and very worried. Ghana of course got a free kick, and incredibly the guy missed it. I'll never forget Suarez's jubilation as he ran around in circles in celebration, all by himself. Uruguay went on to win and advanced to the semifinals.

I think Suarez should be kicked out of the World Cup. This is the third biting incident. I think he does have some issues and I hope he can make some changes for the better. In spite of his issues I still like him. He's incredibly emotional, passionate, and an extremely skilled striker. In spite of all the chaos that surrounds Suarez, I'm still a fan of his. I wish him the best.

Back
Top Bottom