Will "World Peace Is None of Your Business" debut at #1 on the U.K. charts?

Will "World Peace..." debut at #1 on UK charts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This will be Morrissey's worst album with his worst chart debut to match.

You obviously don't understand a thing about his popularity, pre-album hype etc if you think this is going to be his worst chart debut.
It will shift at least 50,000 in week one, probably more. It's pretty much guaranteed a top 3 position, and may hit number 1 depending on the competition.
Ed Sheeran may keep him off, but probably no-one else.

Getting a solo number one album in 4 separate decades would be something to covet. But I think he'll hit 7, after being 1 in the mid-week.

This will be Morrissey's worst album with his worst chart debut to match.

You are, and have always been a miserable arsehole. It must be very tiresome. You only have one life; please attempt to have some joy in.

If the reviews continue to be as good as they have been then Yes!

^^^^
Do you really think good reviews alone (helpful as they are), absent any other form of promotion, will really make for a #1 ?

Although I’d love for it to be #1 I voted no, because I just don’t have that much faith in the music industry.

I just found out the new Rise Against comes out that day as well. I preordered the iTunes version. With Moz I gave him two scans in ordering the vinyl and still preordering the iTunes.

i think it might for the reasons people above have stated above, i dont think theres a lot of competition that week and it doesnt take much as hes got some varying mass appeal and a dedicated cult following with an age demographic that probably still buys music more so than others. how long it holds will be the more risky guess and the more consequential. personally i think it a mistake to have released all the singles so close to each other as it just created division and bickering among fans and the general public. i think it would have been tension building to release just the lyrics videos and then the one album version of the single with the spoken word songs being featured in there album versions as the the singles extras plus a b-side totaling four songs (maybe one of the extras set to be featured on the deluxe version). more specialized and attention grabbing live show events could also have helped with perhaps some professional video filming and editing and not have him overly committed. perhaps doing an acoustic live version or piano based versions of a couple of the new songs at said event, preferably the ones that have only been heard in there spoken word formats, would have been a good idea as well. i think this albums gonna be great personally but it might take a min for people to realize that with all the anger over the canceled shows. thats gonna be the biggest hype killer obviously

He should hire you.

The good reviews and fan word of mouth are enough to get a #1 spot.

The good reviews and fan word of mouth are enough to get a #1 spot.

Yes, if nothing else is selling well that week but a new album by someone with the profile of Ed Sheeran or Gary Barlow album with a single all over the radio will shift close to 200,000. Morrissey could never get anywhere near that.
If the next biggest album is selling 50,000 or less, he can do it.
Really, people round here are a bit simple.

I was wondering how it would fare in the U.S. I’m thinking POSSIBLY top 40 at least? That way it could be featured in the back of Rolling Stone :)

I bought two copies so far (3 if I can get the Hot Topic one) so hopefully that helps haha

^^^^^^
This is a great question, fredkocherpepsi.

Years of Refusal - 11 on U.S. chart
ROTT - 27 on U.S. chart
Quarry - 11 on U.S chart

Scroll down to 15 July 2014 - http://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/release-date/coming-soon/date

Where do you think Moz will place? Top 10? Will he beat Weird Al Yankovic?

Hmm....given those #s there’s a good chance it could be top 10. Considering what else is being released that day. Would be neat and hopefully inspire Mozzer to keep on truckin’!!!!

I was wondering how it would fare in the U.S. I’m thinking POSSIBLY top 40 at least? That way it could be featured in the back of Rolling Stone :)

I bought two copies so far (3 if I can get the Hot Topic one) so hopefully that helps haha

I just bought 3. One for myself, one for my Sister, one for my Cousin. I think a U.K. #1 is a real possibility. I think a top 10 USA Billboard placing is also possible. I'm not sure if the decline of physical, tangible, music helps Morrissey or hurts him. I did not buy one of the packages...even though I collect posters...that poster did not appeal to me. Anyway, we've done our part.

- Ghoul

If U.K. fans turn out, like they generally do, #1 is possible. "Years of Refusal" peaked at #3 - and this seems like a more promising album.

It's a much better album in my opinion, and the lack of single success doesn't bother me as I think they were hoping for play/word of mouth rather than huge sales. What is worrying is that there has been no airplay. YOR was in people's mind as "Arms Around Paris" had considerable presence on Radio 2 and seemed a moderate hit.

In light of the string of stellar reviews and NME album of the week (does that matter much anymore?), I'm curious what people think now. I think yes.

There's nothing being released that week to keep it off, done deal.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Given the overwhelmingly positive reviews, I think so. All of you who said he needed to do promotion and publicity were, respectfully, wrong. The album speaks for itself.

I've pre-ordered it in 4 different formats so it better had. ;)

Back
Top Bottom