Will "World Peace Is None of Your Business" debut at #1 on the U.K. charts?

Will "World Peace..." debut at #1 on UK charts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Based on the singles total failure to do anything I can't imagine any way this album sniffs #1.

If it charts at 10 that would be his worst behind Kill Uncle and Maladjusted which both charted at 8.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came in at 15 or 5 but I'm guessing it will be around 8.

I hope I'm wrong and I expect I'm going to really like the album so this isn't me being all "Moz USED to be good". This is just the gut feeling I get off the response to the singles.

This album has the whiff of 'Kill Uncle' about it. I'm going for #13.

I've said no but it isn't because I don't think it will any good. I just feel the record company are completely mucking up the promotion of this. Most of us are fans who visit here yet we are left with tiny bits of info, bits we can find from Amazon Germany, releases we find out about when New Zealand starts its' day, announcements that things are going to be released on True to You that mention release through Amazon UK but nowhere else. As fans we obviously want to buy his songs but it is still unclear whether or not the deluxe edition will be released on a CD. It is a farce.

It's being released in the best week possible. The only other major album getting a release that week is the new Judas Priest record. The weeks before include Lana Del Rey, Ed Sheeran, Manics and Linkin Park - all commercially successful bands. He has a good chance but i agree, it does need better promotion, more links to websites to purchase and announcements with more grandeur.

now it seems impossible to achieve, but everything could be possible when you come to morrissey

:)

p.s. apologies

There has been no new release from Morrissey, for what, 5 years? Digital singles don't count only the younger demographic are interested, and then mostly to free download. The campaign so far i think has done it's job informed all the lurkers, the non pc savvy, old school, whats happening. They will buy an album but not singles that's been killed of as a format. The new album will do a quarry i'm certain, if not hit #1.

The album will sell about 50,000 in first week in the UK i.e. more than YOR but less than Quarry.
Whether it goes to number one depends on what else is selling well. 50,000 sales will get you the number one every other week at the mo.

There has been no new release from Morrissey, for what, 5 years? Digital singles don't count only the younger demographic are interested, and then mostly to free download. The campaign so far i think has done it's job informed all the lurkers, the non pc savvy, old school, whats happening. They will buy an album but not singles that's been killed of as a format. The new album will do a quarry i'm certain, if not hit #1.

I hope this will happen but I don't think this will happen.

It is possible , doesnt take a lot to get there nowadays ... i have made a polite request via boz to see if moz fancies doin any uk instore signings on week of release at hmv stores , got a not my department reply but it might have planted a seed .. u never know . So if he is willing to put himself out there a bit with a bit of tv , radio etc then it is definitely there to be had..... so probably not .

i think it might for the reasons people above have stated above, i dont think theres a lot of competition that week and it doesnt take much as hes got some varying mass appeal and a dedicated cult following with an age demographic that probably still buys music more so than others. how long it holds will be the more risky guess and the more consequential. personally i think it a mistake to have released all the singles so close to each other as it just created division and bickering among fans and the general public. i think it would have been tension building to release just the lyrics videos and then the one album version of the single with the spoken word songs being featured in there album versions as the the singles extras plus a b-side totaling four songs (maybe one of the extras set to be featured on the deluxe version). more specialized and attention grabbing live show events could also have helped with perhaps some professional video filming and editing and not have him overly committed. perhaps doing an acoustic live version or piano based versions of a couple of the new songs at said event, preferably the ones that have only been heard in there spoken word formats, would have been a good idea as well. i think this albums gonna be great personally but it might take a min for people to realize that with all the anger over the canceled shows. thats gonna be the biggest hype killer obviously

hmm not seeing a bunch of large sellers imo or fan demographic overlaps until maybe spoon. im saying this as an american also so take that with a grain of salt

If U.K. fans turn out, like they generally do, #1 is possible. "Years of Refusal" peaked at #3 - and this seems like a more promising album.

It's being released in the best week possible. The only other major album getting a release that week is the new Judas Priest record. The weeks before include Lana Del Rey, Ed Sheeran, Manics and Linkin Park - all commercially successful bands. He has a good chance but i agree, it does need better promotion, more links to websites to purchase and announcements with more grandeur.

Yes, you called it, unless "The Very Very Best of Tegan & Sara" take the #1 spot.

It's being released in the best week possible. The only other major album getting a release that week is the new Judas Priest record.

It probably wouldn't be the first time Morrissey was topped by Rob Halford...

Hell f***ing no.

A lot depends on press. The NME cover is a good start. More is needed. This is no time for integrity. This is time to be a media whore.

This will be Morrissey's worst album with his worst chart debut to match.

Back
Top Bottom