Kristeen Young responds to Morrissey's tour cancellation TTY statement

Re: Kristeen Young responds to TTY statement

If this is true, Morrissey is a liar. Thoughts?

X9fvTdl.jpg

They both have issues with the truth.

None of this makes sense as bacteria and virus infections often incubate before visible symptoms, so the rest of the touring party would probably have been exposed to the same supposed 'cold'. Allergy attacks are not colds and it's all seems very badly managed. But then that's what happens whenever a Diva/Star is allowed to run a tour, rather than just do what they're told by professionals. One can only imagine how desperate Morrissey was to tour without mishap after South America but sometimes anxiety itself can affect our immune system and allow opportunistic infections to take hold.

Laughter is the best medicine. We think we can plan our lives but as John Lennon sang "Life is just what happens when you're busy making other plans".

Best wishes to Ms Young and one hopes that this exchange is the final one and no further autopsies or public statements are considered appropriate or necessary. I wonder how long it will be before certain people here can let go and move on from their obsessive stalking of Ms Young and / or Morrissey.

best wishes
BrummieBoy

It is actually quite impressive that she is prepared to stand her ground on this and go public. Many people down the years have not had the courage as Morrissey was so powerful and influential. Now he is neither the need to cover for him is diminishing.

This is all starting to feel a little like Ceaușescu's last speech. The cracks have been there for years, but the fault lines are opening and even Morrissey's most vehement supporters are starting to realise the game is up.

"Donnie, keep the helicopter running!"

It is actually quite impressive that she is prepared to stand her ground on this and go public. Many people down the years have not had the courage as Morrissey was so powerful and influential. Now he is neither the need to cover for him is diminishing.

This is all starting to feel a little like Ceaușescu's last speech. The cracks have been there for years, but the fault lines are opening and even Morrissey's most vehement supporters are starting to realise the game is up.

What?

Bob Weir collapsed on stage and was back at it weeks later and continues to tour regularly,at 66.

Even if Morrissey wanted to do a few farewell dates I don't see who would book or insure him now.

Haha, brilliant! farewell Morrissey, dictator of his band, the entire tour, his brainwashed fans.

This is all a storm in a tea cup, isn't it?

I haven't been to a show in 8 years, but I've been to over 100 Morrissey shows. I have suffered through more cancellations that I can remember; starting from age 14. I'm now 39 (God, I feel old).

At this point in my life I really do not care why a show was cancelled. Yes, when I was younger I would be bitterly disappointed and demand the truth! Now that I am older and I can accept that the reason I'm been given for a cancelation may or may not be true. I am more concerned about the rescheduled show.

From my experience of Morrissey on tour there are things that are said publicly that don't always reflect what's going on privately; but that's absolutely OK and rather quite normal with anyone in show biz.

What sticks with me is how his tour staff handle the cancellation. Of the 20+ cancellations I've endured, Morrissey's staff have been graceful, professional and kind. (There was only one exception to this and in the whole scheme of things it's now unimportant)

What bothers me about Kristeen Young's statement is that it lacks grace & professionalism. Even though she might be telling the truth she sounds like a bitter ex-girlfriend trying to get one last dig in.

I have never seen her live nor heard her music. I don't have any bones to pick with her.

For what it's worth, I'm inclined to believe her, however, best thing she could have done was to stay silent and ride it out. As history shows, calling out Morrissey as a liar has not benefitted anyone. The trail of ex-communicated associates clearly shows that.

This is all a storm in a tea cup, isn't it?

I haven't been to a show in 8 years, but I've been to over 100 Morrissey shows. I have suffered through more cancellations that I can remember; starting from age 14. I'm now 39 (God, I feel old).

At this point in my life I really do not care why a show was cancelled. Yes, when I was younger I would be bitterly disappointed and demand the truth! Now that I am older and I can accept that the reason I'm been given for a cancelation may or may not be true. I am more concerned about the rescheduled show.

From my experience of Morrissey on tour there are things that are said publicly that don't always reflect what's going on privately; but that's absolutely OK and rather quite normal with anyone in show biz.

What sticks with me is how his tour staff handle the cancellation. Of the 20+ cancellations I've endured, Morrissey's staff have been graceful, professional and kind. (There was only one exception to this and in the whole scheme of things it's now unimportant)

What bothers me about Kristeen Young's statement is that it lacks grace & professionalism. Even though she might be telling the truth she sounds like a bitter ex-girlfriend trying to get one last dig in.

I have never seen her live nor heard her music. I don't have any bones to pick with her.

For what it's worth, I'm inclined to believe her, however, best thing she could have done was to stay silent and ride it out. As history shows, calling out Morrissey as a liar has not benefitted anyone. The trail of ex-communicated associates clearly shows that.

So what you're saying is that even though she had a right to tell her side of the story, she shouldn't have, because it puts him in a bad light?

How is what she posted "unprofessional?" She merely refutes his spin. She later even admonishes someone for talking shit about him and reiterates that she simply wants to tell her side of things.

Then you blame it on his staff. More scapegoating. HE IS THE SHOW. They merely do what HE tells them to. Take your blinders off.

It seems to me like you are just sticking up for Morrissey because you think you will go to hell if you don't, or get cancer or something. HE is in the wrong, not her.

So what you're saying is that even though she had a right to tell her side of the story, she shouldn't have, because it puts him in a bad light?

How is what she posted "unprofessional?" She merely refutes his spin. She later even admonishes someone for talking shit about him and reiterates that she simply wants to tell her side of things.

Then you blame it on his staff. More scapegoating. HE IS THE SHOW. They merely do what HE tells them to. Take your blinders off.

It seems to me like you are just sticking up for Morrissey because you think you will go to hell if you don't, or get cancer or something. HE is in the wrong, not her.

Excellent post. We all love MOZ, but he is in the wrong. She is standing up for herself and that's something I don't think he is used to. He has been a diva far too long and it has now run its course. MOZ, SORT IT OUT.

Fully right. She simply reacts to a statement that according her is a lie. Her reaction is human, while the statement feels like a robot wrote it. Or a dictator. No need to defend Moz. No other artist is cancelling so many tours/gigs like him. If this is what makes him oh-so-unique, oh-so-special... well, go on defending him, you brainwashed retard-fans. Follow the leader, Steven Adolf Morrissey.

It was a strange statement. Bringing her into it as the cause of his illness is weird there was no need for it all he had to say was 'I'm ill blah blah blah' not 'I'm ill SHE DID IT!"

Is that how it works, people can just call up someone's MD and get private medical info. If thats the case I'm calling Mass. General saying my name is Boz and could you give me Morrissey`s medical records because I'm concern about exposure to acute fever.

Say what you want, but to me, she sounds bitter, graceless and unprofessional - even if the truth is on her side.

I have no idea what the real story is, and honestly, it doesn't really matter, but...... Morrissey probably should have been less specific in his statement.

If anything in his statement was untrue, then it was a bit short-sighted because obviously this is going to be picked up by the music press. Perhaps he forgot that it's 2014 and people can respond to statements instantly and drama can quickly spread across the internet in minutes. Long gone are the days you can release a press statement and everything disappears from history within a day or two. You'd think he would have learned this from the Santa Ana nonsense about the other bands playing in an adjacent room.

Hopefully he will fully recover soon from whatever ails him.

Last edited:

Well, it benefited Mike Joyce just a little bit...

Anyway, we don't really know whose side of the story is closer to the truth. But everyone has a right to be treated fairly. If KY is telling the truth, then she has not been treated fairly. There's no reason in the world for her to just be "graceful" about it, if she doesn't feel like it.

It was a strange statement. Bringing her into it as the cause of his illness is weird there was no need for it all he had to say was 'I'm ill blah blah blah' not 'I'm ill SHE DID IT!"

As an Englishman, and with the World Cup a day away, this is a bit like watching Germany versus Argentina. You kind of wish they could both lose.

Neither Morrissey or KY seem from the public persona they have cultivated decent human beings, but only one has a long and quite well documented history of manipulation and falsehood and blaming others for their own inadequacies.

Young has every right to defend herself.

as an englishman, and with the world cup a day away, this is a bit like watching germany versus argentina. You kind of wish they could both lose.

Neither morrissey or ky seem from the public persona they have cultivated decent human beings, but only one has a long and quite well documented history of manipulation and falsehood and blaming others for their own inadequacies.

young has every right to defend herself.

this!!

Re: Kristeen Young responds to TTY statement

Billboard is reporting it as disappearing as well, so save your caps, Sister.
The facebook post is only visible when you are logged in to facebook yourself, i.e. you need an account

also from her in reply to others:

"I agree Julie.....but, all of this BLOWS MY MIND...because they (morrissey and tour manager) KNEW what I had (via like 6 emails from me) and I had/have PROOF and they still continue this farce."

"Jerry. Believe me....I am fine. I am not whiling away my days weeping about this. But I HAVE to correct lies about my health, behaviour, etc. I DON"T WANT BACK! Quite the opposite. I WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE AND NOT LIED ABOUT. It seems like I'm not the one who can't get over it"

"Jennifer: It was whatever was in the air in Florida. The doctor even asked me where I was originally from ......and said that midwesterners tend to have allergy issues with Florida. Our flora don't mix. Ha"

"EVERYTHING comes from HIM. He controls all aspects of his tour. Do you really think he would let other people talk for him?"

"Anyway....I really don't want to talk about it. I didn't want to talk about it....and I HADN'T f***ing talked about it because I am beyond over it and on to the rest of my life.....but, you know....I had to respond to the lies. Ok. Good night all."

"Um.....I will say again. I had moved on. I was happy to move on. It looks like someone else hadn't moved on and decided to bring it up. I have every right to address false public statements made about my health. I can actually do both at the same time! Move on AND correct false statements. IMAGINE."

"Also......stop trying to stifle people from expressing themselves."

"I've about had it with people trying to scare other people."

"Please don't say offensive things about morrissey either. This is not the point."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom