Remainder of US tour cancelled due to Morrissey's respiratory infection

Respiratory infections are no joke, really. My brother was diagnosed with Influenza A and put on antivirals and 4 days later it had progressed to double pneumonia and he was dead. At the age of 31 and in good health overall. God help me if something like that were to happen to Morrissey :(

xoxo ~Maria

You are well informed. I had a respiratory infection that led on to pulmonary embolisms which gave me a 33% risk of dying within 24 hours. Morrissey is absolutely right to cancel or has a medical team who put the Hippocratic Oath above tour profits or corporate album launch issues. Morrissey has at least 25 years singing left in him unless he trashes his lungs. Mine are in recovery but it's real hard work and you never get the power back. He sounded in good form after his double-pneumonia bout last year with no sound of permanent damage to his registers. If he needs a year off to finally turn his health around that that's just what he needs to do. If Harvest have a long-term commitment to him as an artist, they'll stand by him. If they haven't, he's better off without them.

Terribly depressing to see the rumour mill about 'underlying conditions' on this site again with idiot references to hedonistic artists of the past. Ignorance Rising, and amongst his own 'fans'. Mabye time to ask Kristeen Young to join the main band and that will get rid of most of the stalker trash. Looking forward to hearing "Forgive Someone" and hoping that both Morrissey and Kristeen Young focus on sharing their extravagant talent with a new audience in years to come, rather than throw scraps of meat to the assembled sharks here.

best wishes
BrummieBoy

Re: Tour cancelled

So, he managed to make 17 out of 30 shows.
There are performers in their 70's (Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen) who perform more dates, and don't pull this postpone/cancel nonsense...

Apart from the fact that McCartney HAS just cancelled/postponed due to illness, your assumption is that every person has the exact same physical constitution and underlying health issues? I think any doctor could quickly correct that idiotic misconception.

I think everyone knows it's not financially viable to play small venues with large gaps between the dates (you still have to pay the band/crew/hotels the same rate even with no revenue coming in every night) and everyone here knows that Morrissey works better in smaller venues than huge, impersonal halls (even though you get a larger box office take from a sold out Manchester Arena). I'm sad to say that for the first time I really can envisage a few appropriately melodramatic final farewells looming in large venues - LA, London, Manchester. And then of course the bitching will continue afresh as all the "Get off the stage, you silly old man" brigade will undoubtedly devote their copious time and energy to criticising him for giving up easily and depriving the fans. Morrissey has always been damned if he does and damned if he doesn't by So_Low's usual suspects; what is it about him and/or his music that attracts such know-nothing assholes as "fans"? I know of no other artist who has attracted a similarly puerile, pathetic and hateful online creche.

Well, as unfortunate as this tour cancellation is, it does allow Morrissey the opportunity to join the "Lads" in Rio. They're young, might not be into his music, but once he's over the worst symptoms, it might give him a boost to head down south for the rumble in the Manaus jungle and the rest of the thrill zone coming up.

I'm tempted myself but hoping my sensible adult side will prevail over my inner Zulu Warrior and stop the "we are flying down to Rio" stuff from kicking in....

best wishes
"BrummieBoy"

Anybody know if can still pick up tour merch on line somewhere? Was going to get my daughter, a big Model UNer, one of those World Peace bags...thanks!

Interesting point I saw on Facebook. Perhaps Morrissey refuses certain lines of medication because they are tested on animals?

Thankfully I decided in 2009 not to buy Morrissey tickets anymore and just watch the shows online and listen to the audio. This proving to be a good idea..

Funny and w` over 25,000 post's = BAT SHIT CRAZY!

You have an unhealthy obsession with my post count. :squiffy: Calm the f*** down.

f***ing hell again? What's going on?

He needs to be doing smaller tours with longer breaks between each show.

Exactly....

Cheers Moz

First time on this site. I thought it was a Morrissey fan site? Most of you seem very bitter and angry with him. And the guys ill. Looks like some of you should maybe go and do something else with your life?

He needs to be doing smaller tours with longer breaks between each show.

27 shows at around 75 minutes each is not a big deal. He had plenty of days off, too. Maybe he should stop touching those filthy people in the front row. That's probably how he keeps getting sick....

Do you all think he is actually upset by all this or is he sitting by a pool in LA laughing?

27 shows at around 75 minutes each is not a big deal. He had plenty of days off, too. Maybe he should stop touching those filthy people in the front row. That's probably how he keeps getting sick....

This is what the pit looks like from the stage...
mexicans.jpg

I don't get it, Johnny is 50 and breaks his hand and still tours......Morrissey is 5 years older and he can't even finish a tour. Morrissey gets sick WAY too much. He's 55!!?!?!

Yeah....and Rik Mayall was 56!!

Age doesn't make you invincible....especially if, as it appears Morrissey is, you are perpetually susceptible to illness.

What's the surprise?? He's been cancelling shows since he was with The Smiths (Laryngitis at radio City in '83-'84) He's a sick whinny boy in a mans body. Too old to tour?? Are you f***ing kidding me?? Look at bob weir, Greg allman, mick jagger, keith f***in richards, Bruce springsteen, they all have 10,15, 20+ years on Morrissey. Hey Morrissey.....GROW A PAIR....YOU MALAJUSTIED WANKER. I guess it's all too much having young boys rush the stage just to touch you. I'm sorry, I think I just threw up in my mouth. Piss Off!!

- - - Updated - - -

hey "eyeball"....blow me!!

What's the surprise?? He's been cancelling shows since he was with The Smiths (Laryngitis at radio City in '83-'84) He's a sick whinny boy in a mans body. Too old to tour?? Are you f***ing kidding me?? Look at bob weir, Greg allman, mick jagger, keith f***in richards, Bruce springsteen, they all have 10,15, 20+ years on Morrissey. Hey Morrissey.....GROW A PAIR....YOU MALAJUSTIED WANKER. I guess it's all too much having young boys rush the stage just to touch you. I'm sorry, I think I just threw up in my mouth. Piss Off!!

- - - Updated - - -

hey "eyeball"....blow me!!

Bob Weir is a road warrior. That man has been consistently on the road since 1967.

If Moz has an underlying illness I will give him credit for at least trying.

I suggest really trying not to rush to judgement based purely on conjecture at this point. Anyone on this site has affection & admiration for the man and the sentiments of this forum will likely be felt/heard by him. I know some of us have been put far out of our way and are greatly disappointed. I am sorry for that. Some of the guesswork and statements are very mean-spirited, insensitive, unthoughtful, reckless, even cruel. I'm sure he intended on finishing the tour when he booked it. Does it really matter what exactly happened with this tour,? And will we ever really know? Consider what he has given us (and may continue to give us) through his music, writing, wit, recording, and very existence as a symbol of being courageous, different and proud & acceptance of your own uniqueness, alienation & loneliness. At this point, let us please respect this artist who has touched all of our lives dearly in a special way that no else has, and send him supportive comments and energy. Doesn't he deserve that from us, who care enough to be seeing (or wanting to see him) perform, and who read/write at this forum?...

Thank you

Re: Tour CANCELLED!!!!!

It is with great sadness that the remainder of the US Tour has been cancelled. The respiratory infection Morrissey contracted in Miami has worsened, and in the interest of making a full recovery, all further touring plans have been halted. Morrissey thanks his fans for their compassion, understanding, and well-wishes during this difficult period as he recuperates.

https://www.facebook.com/Morrissey?fref=nf

THAT'S IT MIAMI....
HE WON'T EVER COME BACK, WE'LL HAVE TO DRIVE THE 20 MINUTES UP TO BOCA.

tony-miami

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom