Remainder of US tour cancelled due to Morrissey's respiratory infection

Re: Tour cancelled

I don't know if this forum can take that. Can you imagine all the whinging and moaning posted here if he stopped touring altogether?

I suppose selfish desire would cause a lot of whinging and moaning on here!
After reading some of the comments on Facebook, a lot of 'fans' are resentful towards him for cancelling. However disappointment is understandable seeing as he commonly cancels tour dates after getting his followers' hope so high! As a brit living in England, I will never know such disappointment.

And, as much as it pains me, I really think he should stop touring.

I really think he believes in the new record and thought he could crack America if he pushed it hard enough live, why else take on so many dates.

While he seems to still have this very old fashioned view of the way the music business works, I suspect the real reason might be because touring is where the money is these days. What do you have to pony up to get a Morrissey appearance these days? It must be a six figure sum, surely.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel sorry for all those involved. I wonder what sacking Kristeen had to do with this whole episode.....

She makes people sick.

So Kristeen was apparently booted for not lying about the illness "that everyone caught" that would lead to his "infection" and cancelling of all shows.

Morrissey, depression and anxiety are horrible. Be honest, you don't need to lie about some upper respiratory infection, to gain our sympathy for cancelling your tour. It sucks that mental illness isn't covered by touring insurance, but that's America. Be well.

So, he managed to make 17 out of 30 shows.
There are performers in their 70's (Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen) who perform more dates, and don't pull this postpone/cancel nonsense...

There are performers in their 70's (Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen) who perform more dates, and don't pull this postpone/cancel nonsense...

Except Paul McCartney had just had to cancel a load of shows due to getting a virus/being ill.

Remember to purchase the new album when it arrives as it will be your favorite disc of the year.

Good day to all.

6/10/2014

There are performers in their 70's (Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen) who perform more dates, and don't pull this postpone/cancel nonsense.

McCartney is unwell since May this year, he was forced to cancel all Japan and some US dates.

Get well soon Morrissey and Paul.
All of us are patiently waiting for your full recovery and look forward to catch your live shows near future.

I take it you haven't been reading anything about Paul McCartney canceling a ton of tour dates due to a viral infection. Whoops.

Feel even more blessed about Boston now. Sorry for fans who are going to miss out. Get well Moz and come back soon.

Meanwhile Sal Kramer... Paul McCartney axes further dates to recover from virus

Remember to purchase the new album when it arrives as it will be your favorite disc of the year.

Good day to all.

6/10/2014

I know it will be mine. True fan, cancelations or not. Get well Moz

From the moment I plopped down $95 for my ticket to the Chicago show, I had a feeling I'd be getting the money back anyway. Sigh... I am truly saddened that this likely means I'll never get to see Morrissey in concert. I was really looking forward to it.

Oh well. Now June 13th will just be another stifled Friday night.

Last edited:
My partner just had a second viral heart infection in the last five year. Shit happens. I killed off reservations. I'll live (or hopefully I won't).

If this is somehow the end of his touring career, I am glad to of went out on an incredibly high note last year in Columbus.That show still ranks as one of the top 3 shows I've ever seen, from the Grateful Dead to The Cure.

Be well Morrissey, mental illness is a horrible thing to endure.

He's in the final stage and the end is near.

The Old Tosser has meet his match and finally tossed the towel in.

What does this mean for the rag tag group of musican that work for him.

1. Collect unemployment insurance

2. Work as a roadie for another band.

3. Be the opening act for Kristeen Young

4. Work at Boz and Lynne's record outlet in Camden or

5. Work for Benny The British Butcher in the meat packng plant.

The Mad Brewer

So Kristeen was apparently booted for not lying about the illness "that everyone caught" that would lead to his "infection" and cancelling of all shows.

Morrissey, depression and anxiety are horrible. Be honest, you don't need to lie about some upper respiratory infection, to gain our sympathy for cancelling your tour. It sucks that mental illness isn't covered by touring insurance, but that's America. Be well.

Seems like the only city he hasn't had to cancel shows in is Milwaukee,WI because he has not tried to play there since 2009. Might want to stop ignoring those people next time.

I am now 0 for 6. I thought this was finally my time to see him. I had 3rd row tix in my favorite city, Chicago. Do I still drive down for the weekend? Hotel booked and time off from work. Sigh. It is just part of being a Moz fan.

Get better Moz! I know it's gonna happen someday.

Viva Morrissey!

Back
Top Bottom