Washington DC concert rescheduled to June 25; Baltimore to June 24

Baltimore and DC Rescheduled.

Just heard from the promoter, Baltimore and DC have been rescheduled "on advice from Morrissey's medical team." New dates are June 24 for DC and June 25 for Baltimore.

Seriously Morrissey, stay the f*** home if you aren't healthy enough to tour. Quit wasting all of our time and money.

Re: Article: Washington DC concert rescheduled to June 25; Baltimore also rescheduled

Does anyone know the last tour he did when not one show wasn't cancelled or postponed?

Bored at work, I looked through the tour history and there's not a single one this millenium where he hasn't cancelled or postponed dates. That's an impressive record!

As others have said, while this is heartbreaking for those who had tickets, it's also downright worrisome when you take a general view of things. Naturally, Morrissey has every right to his privacy, and no one should feel obligated to disclose health details. Yet I must confess that I'm hungry for some real information--something to reliably explain what's been going on. Because it certainly doesn't seem good. I continue to suspect the cause might lie more in the realm of mental health than physical, in which case it's nothing particularly new, but what does seem new is the chronic way it's affecting the tour(s). I do hope Moz is well, or at least getting the care he needs.

Re: Article: Washington DC concert rescheduled to June 25; Baltimore also rescheduled

He doesn't care about fans who travel for his shows; he cares about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

And why is he supposed to care about your travel plans, let alone anything else?

You American fans get to see him tour so often anyway. You sound like spoiled little children. Note I mentioned The complaining ones, not the level headed American fans :)

Last edited:

And why is he supposed to care about your travel plans, let alone anything else?

You American fans get to see him tour so often anyway. You sound like spoiled little children. Note I mentioned The complaining ones, not the level headed American fans :)

I appreciate the distinction :)

Trick is if you can afford it, see him on the first show of his tour. It is most likely he will do that one.

Morrissey's 55!

I read Rick Mayal died , he was 54, sir Cliff wil be sad...and we've been all through this though since his last cancelled USA tour,
he never seemed recovered, or the distances are too far to do a full USA tour maybe...

'and they say he's mentall'...living NY Doll..

I really hope Morrissey is okay and gets better soon.

Re: Baltimore and DC Rescheduled.

So, does everyone think this guy/gal is to be trusted? It sounds legit to me. I just wish they had billed this tour as his final one, if it indeed is. Every show on the tour would be 100% sold out!

OK, so this is an anonymous post based on a source close to Morrissey who will also remain anonymous, so feel free to ignore it if you will, which is fine.

Due to ongoing medical issues this is likely to be the last tour of the states Morrissey ever does, European dates will be announced for later this year but that will almost certainly be the end. Not saying he will never perform live again but health issues make it impossible for him to continue with any extensive touring in the future.

Expect more postponements and cancelations but try to understand, this may be your last opportunity to see one of the all time greats on stage and you should all be grateful for it.

This is sad news, but he should have packed up this dog and pony show after Quarry. He tours too much, and places too much strain on his body and mind. His band is pedestrian, his new material uninspiring.

We are just over a month away from the album release and the buzz and excitement is... Missing. I speak as someone who saw Bigmouth and Vicar on the Whistle Test and had to wait two months for The Queen Is Dead, and also saw First Of The Gang To Die on Kilborn and had to wait forever for You Are The Quarry. It even got to the point where a brief, wobbly handheld camera clip of the wonderful Paris thrilled me for some weeks. There's the problem right there. Bigmouth, Vicar, Gang, Paris. Four great songs, but the graph inexorably slopes downwards.

I still maintain the new songs we've heard are hardly thrilling, and have not set the world on fire. Even the best of them, Istanbul, would at one time been a decent b-side. Now it is held up in some quarters as a masterpiece. It doesn't bear multiple hearings. Put alongside the new material by James, for example, it is distinctly lacking. The first track on the new James album, Walk Like You, deals with the human condition and its collision with the modern world in a way 21st century Morrissey could only dream of. It is lyrically and musically superior to nearly every Morrissey song since Quarry and it isn't even the third best track on La Petite Mort.

Morrissey should retire, enjoy his money, look after his health and turn his efforts over entirely to animal rights, hopefully in a sensible and thoughtful manner that will engage people instead of driving them away. For a change.

He's been chipping away at his legacy for years in a misguided attempt to revive his heyday. Time to give himself, and us, a rest. Let's remember him in his pomp, not this rather pathetic caricature he has become.

So, does everyone think this guy/gal is to be trusted? It sounds legit to me. I just wish they had billed this tour as his final one, if it indeed is. Every show on the tour would be 100% sold out!

Well, he was ending the show with...

"Well, just look at me
A savage Beast with nothing to sell
And when I die, I want to go to Hell
And that's when goodbye should be farewell
One day goodbye will be farewell
So grab me while you still can - goodbye."

... so perhaps.

Cutting and pasting that just now made me think that it is rather a good lyric, but sadly grafted on to a really turgid piece of music. Late era Morrissey has been beset with that problem.

I`m so sick of some people saying Morrissey`s solo stuff has never been as good as the Smiths ect ect.To them I would say grow up. To me Morrissey`s solo stuff has been just as good as The Smiths.He can`t go on doing the same stuff forever.Artists need to grow and change and I think Morrissey has for the better. I really just hope he`s okay and goes on making music forever.

If there's any truth in that, then it is desperately sad. The way the industry works these days, people just don't buy hard copies of music anymore, all sales are in decline, not just Morrissey's. From a record company or promoter's point of view, money is made on tour. If that option is gone...well...it would be a very sad day. If Morrissey does indeed have more serious ongoing health issues, I wonder if this also contributes to the insurance situation? I don't know, but it may be a contributing factor. I wish him the best of health, a relaxing time, and one final wing-ding with Marr (et al?) would be tremendous.

P.

I don't know if that anonymous post is to be trusted but then again I don't really think there's much information in it that couldn't have been figured out from the circumstances. We know that the the previus tour was cut short because of health issues and now there are more health issues it seems, which would make organising another tour very risky and possibly expensive I suppose. However if multi-month tours aren't going to be possible in the future I hope that Morrissey will be able to arrange dates that don't involve lots of travel. Some residencies or festival appearances would be great. From what I've heard from Morrissey he loves being on stage so I think he's always want to put on a show if he possibly could. He needs to look after himself. I hope he does and he can complete this tour for himself and his fans.

I`m so sick of some people saying Morrissey`s solo stuff has never been as good as the Smiths ect ect.To them I would say grow up. To me Morrissey`s solo stuff has been just as good as The Smiths.

That's OK. I'm tired of hearing Art Hounds is as good as I Know It's Over. To them I would say buy a hearing aid.

This is sad news, but he should have packed up this dog and pony show after Quarry. He tours too much, and places too much strain on his body and mind. His band is pedestrian, his new material uninspiring.

We are just over a month away from the album release and the buzz and excitement is... Missing. I speak as someone who saw Bigmouth and Vicar on the Whistle Test and had to wait two months for The Queen Is Dead, and also saw First Of The Gang To Die on Kilborn and had to wait forever for You Are The Quarry. It even got to the point where a brief, wobbly handheld camera clip of the wonderful Paris thrilled me for some weeks. There's the problem right there. Bigmouth, Vicar, Gang, Paris. Four great songs, but the graph inexorably slopes downwards.

I still maintain the new songs we've heard are hardly thrilling, and have not set the world on fire. Even the best of them, Istanbul, would at one time been a decent b-side. Now it is held up in some quarters as a masterpiece. It doesn't bear multiple hearings. Put alongside the new material by James, for example, it is distinctly lacking. The first track on the new James album, Walk Like You, deals with the human condition and its collision with the modern world in a way 21st century Morrissey could only dream of. It is lyrically and musically superior to nearly every Morrissey song since Quarry and it isn't even the third best track on La Petite Mort.

Morrissey should retire, enjoy his money, look after his health and turn his efforts over entirely to animal rights, hopefully in a sensible and thoughtful manner that will engage people instead of driving them away. For a change.

He's been chipping away at his legacy for years in a misguided attempt to revive his heyday. Time to give himself, and us, a rest. Let's remember him in his pomp, not this rather pathetic caricature he has become.

Oddly I was listening to La Petite Mort whilst reading your post and for once in my life I am driven to agree with you. Tim Booth is still on top of it lyrically and the band are just on top form. The new Moz lyrics are not that brilliant from what I've heard.

This is not a Morrissey-knocking post, I have never in my life written one of those and never will, but I'm afraid old Barleycorn struck a chord with me on this issue.

People complaining about Morrissey not caring must be retarded, unfathomably selfish or both. Obviously, Morrissey knows he's under pressure to complete this tour without cancellations. For him to actually put off two shows this week must mean that he's fairly ill.

I travelled all the way out from the UK to see him in Atlantic City and because he cancelled a day before, i couldn't cancel my hotel booking. I had to pay for flights and the hotel then spend three days in Atlantic City which is awful (it's like Las Vegas and McDonalds had a baby) and the concierge said there was 4 other moz fans there in the same position. I'm not retarded or unfathomably selfish, just broke because i had to spend so much money on nothing (if he had cancelled earlier than A DAY before the gig at least i would have been able to refund my hotel booking) because i'm in the uk a rescheduled date means nothing. Obviously we all care for Morrissey and don't want anything to happen to him but sometimes his attitude towards the people who buy tickets to his live shows seems careless and its frustrating when we all show him so much care.

Wow. What a mess. Sorry for those affected by the latest postponements. There does seem to be some serious shit going on, whatever that may be. Clearly he can't pull it together for a even a relatively leisurely-paced tour. I mean, the schedule has been about 3-4 shows per week.

I hope he is okay, and I tend to agree that we probably won't see extensive touring like this ever again. If only for the fact that tour promoters have probably had enough, especially the last few years. And honestly, who can blame them? He should stick to short-run residencies in major cities.

The strange thing is that, despite the latest setbacks, on-stage, his voice has never sounded better.

I hope he's ok. But I can't lie and say I wasn't super excited for tomorrow. In fact, I was just listening to the Smiths in preparation.

I was really hoping after Boston he was better. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have tickets to either the Meyerhoff or Lincoln Theater shows? If not maybe you should shut the f*** up about getting off the stage and sending people to the old folks' home.

Yes, I have tickets to both. I hope to encounter you at both shows and I will be glad to stomp a mud hole in your ass.
You're a big man hiding behind your keyboard.

Don't you suspect you may be burying Morrissey before he is even a corpse? Just because he may have some health issues doesn't mean he is ready to be turned into a tube of glamorous glue. Any 55 year old would find it hard to tour so much. Flying leaves a lot of people open to virus/flu with recycled air and extremes of temperature. The only saving grace for Moz is that he only sings for approx. an hour or so. Perhaps a solution to the 'problem' would be for Morrissey to do less concerts, stick to more well known cities, and sing for 1hr 45mins or so. Sometimes more is less.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom