Kristeen Young is off the tour (updated)

UPDATE:

Posted by an anonymous person:

She announced on FB about 10 mins ago:

We won't be continuing as opening band for the Morrissey tour. Thanks to all who showed up early and gave us such life-sustaining enthusiasm. Thanks to Morrissey for his years of support and generosity. There are lots of plans and lots of possibilities and we can't wait to tear into them.

An anonymous person posted:

Kristeen Young is making sum cryptic comments on farcebook. She's either been booted off the tour again or the tour is cancelled.
--
Another anonymous person posted (original post):

Kristeen Young Facebook comments. http://i60.tinypic.com/359y0j8.jpg is she booted off the tour again? Is the tour cancelled? WTF IS SHE GETTIN AT?

359y0j8.jpg

Earlier, Kristeen tweeted that she did not have a virus in regards to the previous article has been since updated which had stated "According to the show’s promoters, Morrissey, the touring crew and opener Kristeen Young have come down with a virus."

Link to interview mentioned:

Kristeen Young gives voice to the periphery while linking up to the stars - RedEye Chicago

Excerpt:

Can you recall the first time you met Morrissey?
The very first time I met him he didn’t recognize me. He had seen me in a video he really liked, and he didn’t recognize me as that person, so he had me kicked out of the studio [Laughs]. He was like, “Who is that girl? Get her out of here!’”

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Kristeen Young comments on Facebook appear to indicate she is off the tour or tour is c

she said "I'll have time now to really get in the footage editing"

Which would make sense, since the tour is ending this month, but then she said:

"you'll understand what I mean .....soon...."

Yikes, that sounds like something is brewing...

Really? Sounds more like scaremongers reading stuff that isn't there, coupled with a needy unsuccessful singer attempting to be cryptic.

THIS IS NOT A STORY. REMOVE FROM MAIN PAGE.

f***ING IDIOTS.

Re: Article: Kristeen Young comments on Facebook appear to indicate she is off the tour or tour is c

i don't get it. what exactly are we expected to extrapolate from her facebook comments?

I think the fact that she replied to someone who said they were very excited to see her with Morrissey on Friday by saying 'I wouldn't get too excited' is the only bit that really implies anything about the state of the tour/her involvement in it.

Someone please either clarify this crap or just delete the thread. There is NOTHING here!

I agree.

I am totally confused as to how there is anything in here that is related to the tour outside of her saying she had an allergy attack which might have meant she couldn't perform last night.

Of course, if she can't make the show, the show still goes on.

I have seen Morrissey with no opener and I know he's done it more than once.

This feels more like an April fools joke than a news item.

its official
We won't be continuing as opening band for the Morrissey tour. Thanks to all who showed up early and gave us such life-sustaining enthusiasm. Thanks to Morrissey for his years of support and generosity. There are lots of plans and lots of possibilities and we can't wait to tear into them.

I don't think this means anything, the tour's over at the end of the month and what else does she have to do after that? She'll have plenty of free time.

Someone just tweeted that Kristeen is off the tour and linked a Facebook post. (Sorry, not on Facebook so can't check it out.)

She announced on FB about 10 mins ago:

its official

I'm excited about the possibilities of who the new opener may be!

I watched the show in Denver and really enjoyed watching KY perform. I thought she was a talented artistic lady. Can't wait to see her hopefully in NY!

As much as I love Kris, I desperately hope this is the whole cause of trouble. Their old married couple fighting schtick must stop botching up gigs.

I watched the show in Denver and really enjoyed watching KY perform. I thought she was a talented artistic lady. Can't wait to see her hopefully in NY!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I love Morrissey but all the people around him are yes people I bet he didn't like that KY didn't go along with what they used as an excuse

Replacement opener is likely to be LA's Surely Lorraine. A great fit.

As much as I love Kris, I desperately hope this is the whole cause of trouble. Their old married couple fighting schtick must stop botching up gigs.

What the hell are you talking about?

I love Morrissey but he sourounds him self with YES people I bet he upset she did go along with his excuse

THIS IS NOT A STORY. REMOVE FROM MAIN PAGE.

f***ING IDIOTS.

Agreed. Speaks volumes about the agenda of those who compile the front page, invariably anti-Moz and designed to ignite bad feeling. Like the absolute worst kind of tabloid.

The people who were making comments that this was not news or that they could not see anything in the statement, need to wipe the egg off their face! Appoligies by any of these people??? No

Now is she to blame for the Atlanta cancellation? Duh know?

Where is this supposed FB post? I checked her personal FB page and no mention of being off the tour.

love her style but her music was not for me,lykke li would be the perfect replacement or wye oak.

Good riddance. There are hundreds of more deserving (and likely more loyal) bands that should open for Morrissey. Give some hungry band a chance.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom