St. Petersburg, FL - The Mahaffey Theater (May 30, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / Certain People I Know / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Trouble Loves Me / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Life Is A Pigsty / Istanbul / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by ThievesLikeUs.

Last edited:
This was my 12th venture to see Morrissey. However, this time I brought my 7 yr old daughter! We had a great time! It was a great show. The only real disappointment was that he did not perform 'Asleep'....I was looking forward to that.
My daughter was standing on the chair next to me watching the show, until security came and told me she had to get down. So I had her stand in the aisle right next to me....security arrived again, and said she could not stand there. With this intense security focus on a 7 yr old girl, I would think there would have been better opportunities for stage invaders.....alas, there were none.
I was pleased to see 'How Soon Is Now' as the opening number. Very good choice.
Moz did comment on a sinkhole that was in the local news near Legoland. I was totally prepared to have a chat with my daughter about where chicken mcnuggets come from.....but totally unprepared to reassure her that LegoLand was still safe to go to!!
Again, great show. Lots of friendly people!

Ha ha! Glad my kids didn't go! We have tickets to Legoland....they would have been devastated!
This was about my 10th or so show, and living in Florida, the good concerts are few and far between to say the least!
I was in the balcony, which on one hand was nice. Being 5'6", it was great to actually sit and enjoy a beer instead of fighting for a view of the stage.

Speaking of fighting for a view, this was the first time also that I had not tried to get on stage. Really wish I could have figured a way to swing down from the balcony onto the stage! I would have reached him before security got to me for sure!

Encore was weak, directly proportional to crowd. Don't blame him, but "disappointed" nonetheless!

I was in the fourth row with my husband. It was a great show, however.....the people in the first few rows were unemotional and stiff. I was sickened really.

That's because the people in the stiff front row have been following him since the beginning, are very rude crude and shrewd! The are smelly and took our seats that we paid for! Very inconsiderate BUMS!

Moz and the band sounded great. His voice is really in fine form. This is my second Morrissey show. The first was Melbourne, FL 2007. I clearly need to get the fvck out of Florida for a proper show. I thought the Meat is Murder video was completely apropos. Even the most casual Moz fan should be aware of his in your face politics. I am more concerned that he included Barcelona in the lyrics to Bullfighter. Catalonia banned bullfighting in 2010 and the last was held there 2011.

i was at that melbourne 2007 gig. a cold front blew down and it got nice and cool. that was my 4th, got a handshake and piece of a maroon colored shirt. cancelled miami next nite, i didn't find out till i got to theatre. that was my 1st cancellation of 7 more to come.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom