Mexican tour Fall 2014?

A one off or will there be a full Latin American tour?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10202804344124406&id=1074880849

MORRISSEY IS NO LONGER IN THE LINE UP. JUST ANOTHER FALSE ALARM.

A Belgium fan told me at the Nashville show that Moz has to complete a large percentage of his US dates intact before he'll be able to secure insurance for additional tour dates. She said this info came from her brother who works as a promoter. If that's legit it seems other dates wouldn't be announced until the end of the US leg nears.

A Belgium fan told me at the Nashville show that Moz has to complete a large percentage of his US dates intact before he'll be able to secure insurance for additional tour dates. She said this info came from her brother who works as a promoter. If that's legit it seems other dates wouldn't be announced until the end of the US leg nears.

If he's going to do any non-festival tour dates this summer then it's getting close to the time where he should announce them. The US tour had ~3 months for ticket sales. Maybe in the UK he could get away with two months. -MR

That's an interesting point. Is this what caused the South America debacle? With his history of cancelling shows, presumably this makes it harder to get cover for further shows, why further dates cannot be confirmed, perhaps. All this is predicated on the original point being close to the reality.

P.

That's an interesting point. Is this what caused the South America debacle? With his history of cancelling shows, presumably this makes it harder to get cover for further shows, why further dates cannot be confirmed, perhaps. All this is predicated on the original point being close to the reality.

P.

A bit more detail for anyone interested. Pre-show chit chat I asked if she (Belgian lady) had come to the states specifically to see Morrissey and she said no, she was on holiday and decided to catch a show because her brother (the promoter) told her he didn't know if there would be European dates due to Moz being an "insurance nightmare". I had no idea what that meant so she went on to explain securing further tour dates would be based on successfully completing a high percentage of current tour dates, thereby establishing less of an insurance risk. She didn't specify South America but she did say the risk factor was based on the disastrous tour attempts of the last couple of years. I asked if that meant this US tour would be it for 2014, to which she said she had no idea about that, but if there were to be more dates she would be surprised if they were announced before the end of, or very close to the end of, this leg. She started on specific risks to promoters but the festivities were starting and it was just too difficult to hear. So, as brief as it was, it was a very unexpected and interesting part of our conversation.

I should note, I know absolutely nothing about tour insurance (or even if that's what it's referred to as), and I certainly don't know if the set-up is different for festivals. This is all second-hand info, as best I can recall, from a seemingly sincere person. She never claimed to be an insider and never definitively said there would only be US dates for this tour -- I want to be clear about that.

My first post was made after a quick dash to Nashville and back and 30+ hours of no sleep, so hopefully this one is a bit clearer.

A bit more detail for anyone interested. Pre-show chit chat I asked if she (Belgian lady) had come to the states specifically to see Morrissey and she said no, she was on holiday and decided to catch a show because her brother (the promoter) told her he didn't know if there would be European dates due to Moz being an "insurance nightmare". I had no idea what that meant so she went on to explain securing further tour dates would be based on successfully completing a high percentage of current tour dates, thereby establishing less of an insurance risk. She didn't specify South America but she did say the risk factor was based on the disastrous tour attempts of the last couple of years. I asked if that meant this US tour would be it for 2014, to which she said she had no idea about that, but if there were to be more dates she would be surprised if they were announced before the end of, or very close to the end of, this leg. She started on specific risks to promoters but the festivities were starting and it was just too difficult to hear. So, as brief as it was, it was a very unexpected and interesting part of our conversation.

I should note, I know absolutely nothing about tour insurance (or even if that's what it's referred to as), and I certainly don't know if the set-up is different for festivals. This is all second-hand info, as best I can recall, from a seemingly sincere person. She never claimed to be an insider and never definitively said there would only be US dates for this tour -- I want to be clear about that.

My first post was made after a quick dash to Nashville and back and 30+ hours of no sleep, so hopefully this one is a bit clearer.

Thank you.

P.

People who keep bitching about how he's ignoring the UK need to read this. It makes sense, and also explains why he's been actually playing full shows on this tour. So far.

People who keep bitching about how he's ignoring the UK need to read this. It makes sense, and also explains why he's been actually playing full shows on this tour. So far.

This has a whiff of possibility about it. However, he can't just announce a UK tour (or whever) with only a couple of weeks before the dates start, so it looks as though there will be a bit of a gap after the US leg, which - let's not forget - will be over in 2.5 weeks.

I would expect he would take some time off before touring the UK.

I think it probably explains why he didn't walk out on Lincoln, where he was (by most accounts) extremely unhappy, but now I'm concerned about what skipping out on Atlanta and postponing Atlantic City might mean.

Also, I'm curious if they scratched those dates because they were axing Kristeen Young and needed to regroup, thereby using the virus story, which she in turn disputed. I would think that could mean trouble. Uncle Skinny touched on this in the thread on the main page about Kristeen leaving the tour.

I really hope this insurance thing works out and everyone everywhere who wants a shot at hearing the new songs live gets it.

Back
Top Bottom