Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium (May 28, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Certain People I Know / Let Me Kiss You / Trouble Loves Me / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by ThievesLikeUs.

• Image gallery on flickr (4 total) posted by FDR.

nashville.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
Memphis and Nashville Shows: This show was great up until the Meat Is Murder visuals came on which was 3 songs before it was over, we should have walked out after that song. I knew what the song was about before going and I really don't need the visuals to go along with it, I can use my own imagination. I grew up in the country around farms, my family and I have seen things unlike many of the fans have seen or even Morrissey has seen...and though he is correct this happens, the animal farm videos he showed looked from the 70's, there's better practices...those animals are breed purposely for food, not for pets. Why even show this? Nobody wants to see cats and dogs euthanized at the Humane Society either. Although if everyone in this World quits eating meat we would be in dire straits, even in trouble and the human race could cease to exist!

Take for example: the rabbit infestation of Australia that took place in the early 1900's, still fighting it today. The introduction and population of those rabbits were devastating, suspected of being the most significant known factor in species loss in Australia due to vegetation loss. Rabbits often kill young trees in orchards, forests, and on properties and are also responsible for serious erosion problems, as they eat native plants, leaving the topsoil exposed and vulnerable to sheet, gully, and wind erosion. The removal of this topsoil is devastating to the land, as it takes many hundreds of years to regenerate. This does not help Australian's dust bowl problem as was also the case in the SW United States too.

The Memphis show really turned us off in a big way, made my wife and I ultra mad, she's even vegetarian but does not want this thrown in her face either, and his opinion and political views are flawed in so many ways. I'm not a fan anymore and could care less about this dimwit, and we did not need the pep rally from Mr. PETA spokesperson himself. We both felt like we went into a radical leftist political rally or convention which it clearly ended up being, a big Liberal PETA-fest! Gag. We will never go see this festival again. We both love animals dearly and we never want to see anything harmed in any way but we both felt completely insulted by this also. How dare Morrissey tell my Wife an I that we commit murder as he prances and dances on stage with his leather shoes. Yes, his shoes did not look plastic in any way and I hope those weren't leather guitar straps either? We just wanted to be musically entertained, nothing more. I hate it when musicians think that they are politicians. This was totally unacceptable.

Only thing not included was live blood and carcasses. The band forgot to dead carcasses into the audience to try and make their point clearer?! This isn't the 60's or Woodstock anymore. This wasn't the only turn off from the Memphis show. There were these poser roadies (with iron on tattoos) that stood in front of us the whole time (they were following Morrissey's road caravan like it's the Grateful Dead or something ha-ha...NOT! I've been to The Grateful Dead and everyone is kind there, not these posers) which was BS because we had FRONT ROW seats! A Complete and Lack Luster of Lame Security didn't do much about it either, they just shook their silly head and shrugged their shoulders. Because of this there were empty seats behind us in the Orchestra Pit section that went unused, such a pity since so many people could have used those empty spots & wasted seats.

A disaster concert in every way, a real shame really because we were so excited about it for several months prior, looking forward to front row, etc. We both went in with excitement and left madly disappointed in every way imaginable! Even the setlist sucked! It could have been a better setlist too. They also could have done without the blood filled videos. Why stop there!? Why not top it off with dead carcasses thrown into the audience later? Between the crummy setlist, blood filled Meat Is Murder videos, and Morrissey Poser Roadies with "Press-On Tattoos", along with the PETA rally; Paid way too much for hotel, tickets, and driving to Memphis. Never again. Viva Hate Morrissey. He's a real Douchbag and so were the "Wanna Be Tough Guy Posers with Iron-On Tattoos taking up the front row when they weren't supposed to Posers!"

"Although if everyone in this World quits eating meat we would be in dire straits, even in trouble and the human race could cease to exist!"

Um. Yeah. Sure.

Ditto! Well Said!

If Morrissey could, he would suck his own nads. Did you posers also know that he drives around in buses that have leather seats and suck up fossil fuels? Nobody cares about non-cute animals or creatures either. You posers only care about the cute animals and creatures on this earth. Do you neck tattoo Pompadour haircut posers know also that bacteria are living creatures also and every time you take a shower or bath you kill them? Maybe that's why you Liberal PETA Posers stink?

Do you like being smelly? Nobody does, the smell comes from living bacteria on your skin and if you take medication for acne or any sort of medical creams or have had to take antibiotics before, your killing another one of Gods living creatures by doing ANY of these things!? GASP!

So all you Pompadour Poser PETA Hypocrites need to take note and think twice before throwing your hypocritical bias Liberal PETA crap our way! Fine having your own thoughts and opinion, but they are all flawed. Completely and utterly flawed! Oh sure, you care about all the cute animals, but not about the ugly parasite or microbial or bacterial creatures you curse everyday. If you were in survival mode you would kill and or eat in one instant any one of Gods creatures. You're just spoiled in modern society and are not starving enough. It's human nature to survive. It's human nature to eat meat. It's also human nature to be kind also. We do what we have to do. If it was between your pet parrot Polly or dog Max you would chow down in survival mode. Just like taking that shower or using medicine to get rid of that bacterial infection. ALL are Gods living creatures, even plants, all of these creatures have been proven to be living with thought and feeling. It's been proven through music.

Sorry, but you Pompadour Neck Tattoo Posers kill creatures everyday whether you like it or not, or even think about it. You really think your being kind to animals, all hippy like!? Ha! think again! All of the industrial products you buy or purchase encroaches or devastates some poor creatures habitat in one way or another. That wooden guitar, chair, medicine, plastic cups, plastic anything, box and plastic that wraps your boga burgers, glass containers, eyeglasses, toothpaste, gasoline, all other modern consumer products that you use in today's modern society.... so following this wanna be beatnik PETA Hypocrite Morrissey, with his dribbling lyrics, all of you are hypocrites.

The apartments you live in, the houses, the modern conveniences, all of these systems endanger modern specie habitats in every profound way whether you like it or not. There's no getting away from the "human factor" in everything we do. Why harass others with your flawed politics? All you posers quit your whiny dribble about what we eat before we eat you. Get a life, a different haircut, a different idol, and a job, maybe tattoo nightmares will have you on their show with that press-on neck tattoo! Good luck later in life with that poser stuff you got when you were a PETA loving liberal... ha-ha good luck with that! Global Warming is real too. Keep up the idiocracy of lies, taxes, ideas, and don't get me started how flawed all you liberals are. A Debacle Conundrum Paradox...wake up and have another one. Until your living in a tent down by the river and walking to work, I'll believe what you say, but until then....

I think this was parody of something(?), but I'm going to reply to this as if you were being serious:

1. "--- bacterial infection. ALL are Gods living creatures, even plants, all of these creatures have been proven to be living with thought and feeling. It's been proven through music."

Really? That must be pretty interesting music. But when it comes to scientific questions, I prefer science: no, bacteria and plants don't have thought or feeling. Those things are quite difficult to have when you don't have any form of a brain or nervous system.

2. "Oh sure, you care about all the cute animals, but not about the ugly parasite or microbial or bacterial creatures you curse everyday"

I care about individuals that are capable of suffering. This includes humans and animals that are not 'cute'.

3. "Until your living in a tent down by the river and walking to work, I'll believe what you say, but until then...."

So: you're saying that if we can't be perfect, then we shouldn't even try, because trying is hypocrisy? In that case nobody would do anything; moral perfection is humanly impossible. The meat industry is by far the greatest animal welfare problem on the planet, and definitely one of the hugest environmental and humanitarian problems. Boycotting it makes sense, and it's a good start for.

4. "If you were in survival mode you would kill and or eat in one instant any one of Gods creatures. You're just spoiled in modern society and are not starving enough. It's human nature to survive. It's human nature to eat meat."

Sure, but I'm not in survival mode. I live in modern society. So do you. Interestingly, nobody's forcing us to fund things like the modern meat industry.

Funny, isn't it? I could go and kill my neighbour and then argue that I was magically forced to do it because cavemen killed other people, but that wouldn't make much sense, would it? My friend, if you follow cavemen as your moral guides, you're relatively insane.

5. "It's also human nature to be kind also. We do what we have to do."

Exactly. :)

Hmm. What do I have to do to get my comment to show up?

Well, while I wait, I'd like to ask Uncleskinny this:

Absolutely brilliant. Post of the year.

P.

How? Why? Seriously: was there a joke that I simply didn't get?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom