Beaumont, TX - Julie Rogers Theatre (May 25, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Speedway / Irish Blood, English Heart / Ganglord / Hand In Glove / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Certain People I Know / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Asleep // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by billybud71 and Abrahán.

• Photos by David Block (43 total) - 88 Miles West. Link posted by BeaumontChad.

beaumont1.jpg
  • Morrissey at Julie Rogers Theatre, Beaumont, 5/25/2014 by Angelica Leicht - Houston Press Blogs. Photos by Abrahan Garza (6 total).

beaumont.jpg

Last edited:
As an aside, I don't understand why someone would rate a crowd, but whatever. I really don't care if a crowd isn't going dogshit crazy. I'm there to see Morrissey, not hear a loud crowd drowning out the man I'm there to see.

Well, granted you don't want a bunch of drunken, tone deaf idiots singing directly in your ear hole - but at the same time, if the crowd is just standing there lifeless, then there's no energy in the room, Moz starts losing interest as everyone stands around looking bored etc. On the best nights, the crowd are so enthusiastic they can lift the whole even to higher levels. The crowd really can make or break a night. It's a two way thing. The band feeds off the audience.

Certain People I know is perfect. :D

I imbedded that gorgi pic for you, anon.

tumblr_n66kyoy4H61s8jt63o1_1280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen Boz's stache in those videos? He's doing a half Zappa. He needs to grow out a soul patch to go full Zappa. :D

Whew. Wow!!! What amazing energy from moz and the band. Top form. Great setlist and nice to hear Irish blood again. The guy was right behind me who complained about the cancelled shows. Just a young kid and ignorant comment. The amount of work that goes into these tours, the daily grind on the road, the wear and tear, physically and emotionally to go sing to thousands of faceless fans night after night, I can't even comprehend how difficult it must be. But each year they do it and after all this time, all the shows, to go out and sing with such emotion to crowd after crowd... Well to me that sounds like he does appreciate his fans. And to be handed the mike and cry "you owe me" sorry bud, he doesn't owe us anything.

Morrissey doesn't need or deserve apologists ...keep your ignorant "in defense of Morrissey" comments to yourself douchebag

IBEH... Did he play IGFDRYTUYBV or HGBVCDSEWJU or GFDSQWERTYUII? Can't you for Christ sake name the first two words of the f···ing song?

Good call...so here you go douchebag...Go F*ck Yourself...or GFY...whichever you prefer

Well, this went south fast.

I love the outtro to HGBVCDSEWJU, btw.

IBEH... Did he play IGFDRYTUYBV or HGBVCDSEWJU or GFDSQWERTYUII? Can't you for Christ sake name the first two words of the f···ing song?

i agree it's so useless and fake stylish to use initials.
use more words.
you dont have to pay more.

Are those matching rings that Morrissey is wearing in that large photo? I've never seen matching rings on anybody before. The photo of Morrissey by the speaker stack is great. Morrissey looks best in a blazer.

Are those matching rings that Morrissey is wearing in that large photo? I've never seen matching rings on anybody before. The photo of Morrissey by the speaker stack is great. Morrissey looks best in a blazer.

I noticed that too. He must be feeling symmetrical, which is a good thing.

Ugh how do you upload pix!

Attachments

• IMG_20140525_222326697.jpg
    IMG_20140525_222326697.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20140525_220931330.jpg
    IMG_20140525_220931330.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20140525_220056209.jpg
    IMG_20140525_220056209.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20140525_220039019.jpg
    IMG_20140525_220039019.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20140525_214201122.jpg
    IMG_20140525_214201122.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Great video - but why are the audience standing completely motionless? It's like they are at a funeral. Did someone glue their feet to the floor?

I'm liking this tour setlist more and more. "Speedway" is a perfect opener, even more so than "Hand In Glove." "To Give" is gone, thankfully. The 4 new songs from WPINOYB are wonderful. IBEH and FOTGTD are great additions. And even "Certain People I Know"... wow.

All we need now is "Maladjusted" back in the setlist and I can die happy a happy man. Can't wait for Chicago, June 13.

Last edited:
Yeah not a lot of obvious movement in this crowd, but I thought the energy in the room was fantastic nevertheless. Most people around me were singing right along with Moz, and he could definitely see that. It was a really special gig!

Regarding the dude with the cologne and canceled show comments: it was funny. The best part was when Moz reminded him with a flip of the microphone cord that the shows were "postponed."

Awesome show! We were in the balcony, good seats, loud in the high end of the audio. The auditorium is old with fixed seating that really doesn't allow for too much movement. What was with security? You would've thought we were going to a death metal concert. My wife got turned away for her purse size, had to go back to car to put it up.

Thank you folks for the news which has reached the UK and its nice to read so many normal comments and news of ANOTHER great night. Enjoy yourselves jumping up and down at the front !

As for the loud speaker comment above, my ears are still buzzing from great Morrissey and Boorer showsfrom 1991 to 2013+ - its the bass compressor. God Ganglord (G) TLM,Speedway (S) TYWTML, ITFWAW and EDILS sounded just amazing in 2xxx with excellent bass. Like Peter Hook just with 50per cent better sound. So looking forward to UK shows......KTBDTI and I plus some texas weather ? (!)

Best,
Hazard.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom