Lawrence, KS - Liberty Hall (May 20, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Hand In Glove / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Life Is A Pigsty / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by Ryan. and also setlist.fm, link posted by Chip

Last edited:
Glad he played First of the Gang to Die, one of my favorites and the mariachi rendition from earlier shows was rather neat. I hope he keeps it in the setlist

Thanks for your write up and yeah! on the hand shake! lucky! I'm so glad the shirt toss is back!!!!!

Yes, Moz did start the show by saying "you can do whatever you want to me, but don't send me back to Lincoln, Nebraska."

Liberty Hall is a very small venue and I noticed a lot of people saying that it was the smallest venue they've ever seen Morrissey in. I was pleased with the intimacy of the show despite not getting the barrier, although I had been waiting in line for eight hours and thought I would surely get it. (There had been a group people following Morrissey throughout the tour that arrived at 5 AM (!!!) who claimed most of the barrier, and, as I said, the venue was tiny so there wasn't much barrier to be had.) The concert also didn't sell out, which really shocked me. But the crowd was wonderful, just as you'd expect from an audience of Morrissey fans.

I was surprised he started the show off with ODGWBF because I knew he had been playing that as an encore in other shows. The encore was Asleep followed by First Of The Gang To Die, which was perfect. The setlist was somewhat different than the other shows of the tour, and although I wish he would've played a few more songs, I was happy to see him switching it up for us.

During The Youngest Was The Most Loved, Morrissey held my fingertips and did a somewhat awkward, miniature handshake at "a blush, it rose, if he had to say hello." I was thrilled, and still am!

I noticed he had been unzipping his shirt more and more throughout the night so I figured it would eventually be coming off. At the end of the show he tossed it out to the crowd and everyone went absolutely crazy. There was this massive dog pile of people fighting over tiny pieces of the shirt. After a few minutes of wrestling, security started tearing people away from each other and made us all go home.

Security was super intense the whole evening. We weren't allowed to bring in any cameras, purses or backpacks and we were all patted down upon entry. They said that if anyone took pictures with their cellphones, the phones would be confiscated. There was a row of 5 or 6 security guards at the barrier, and for how small the venue was, it was definitely overkill. But no one was able to run up on stage, so at least we avoided the whole 'stage invader knocks down Morrissey and ruins the show' ordeal. And I was able to sneak a few blurry pictures of Morrissey during the encore without having my phone taken away.

This was my first ever Morrissey show and I can't be happier with how it went. Thank you, Morrissey, for giving me one of the most special nights of my life. :)

God damn you people are weird.

I was a Smiths fan after their first few albums. However, I grew up and outgrew Morrissey's basset-hound self absorbed whining. He has an interesting voice, but hardly a great voice. His songs are funereal and puerile.

For those of you hanging on his touch, shirt shards and oh so enigmatic gaze- get a life.

I was a Smiths fan after their first few albums. However, I grew up and outgrew Morrissey's basset-hound self absorbed whining. He has an interesting voice, but hardly a great voice. His songs are funereal and puerile.

For those of you hanging on his touch, shirt shards and oh so enigmatic gaze- get a life.

A life like yours, where you come to an internet forum dedicated to a person you hate, only to tell people who much they suck? Like that kind of life? I prefer mine, thank you.

And yet, alas, you are still here and keep coming back...like a moth to a flame....

Great show and great energy from both Morrissey and the crowd. Really proud of Kansas for showing up, and you could tell that Morrissey loved it, first shirt throw on the tour!!!!!!! Got myself a piece, such a treasure!! Thanks to the fans for being great and thanks to Morrissey for putting on such a great show!!! I was going to record the show, but made the decision to just enjoy the show, did anyone else get a recording, thanks in advance!!!

BTW, just some more tidbits about the show, not sure that all of these were already mentioned or not, but Morrissey made it very Kansas specific:

During the videos, a super-inposed face of Margaret Thatcher in the wicked witch of the west from Wizard of Oz with the "Ding-dong the Witch is Dead" song playing in the background. All the band wore Superman shirts (Superman being raised in Kansas).

Someone ( a man I believe) from the crowd asked Morrissey to marry him to which he replied, "No, I'm not going to marry you, or anyone, why would I do that?" Something like that.

Looked like the band was going to finish at 'Meat is Murder,' but Morrissey talked to the band and they quickly replaced their guitars and played NFD.

Morrissey genuinely looked pleased at the crowd singing along and looked about to come to tears during a couple of songs, one of course was 'Asleep.'

Alright, if there are any other important moments of the show I remember I will post them later,

Leafs

I'm just going to say what you've probably heard many times before, but kindly f*** off...

Last edited:
Great show and great energy from both Morrissey and the crowd. Really proud of Kansas for showing up, and you could tell that Morrissey loved it, first shirt throw on the tour!!!!!!! Got myself a piece, such a treasure!! Thanks to the fans for being great and thanks to Morrissey for putting on such a great show!!! I was going to record the show, but made the decision to just enjoy the show, did anyone else get a recording, thanks in advance!!!

BTW, just some more tidbits about the show, not sure that all of these were already mentioned or not, but Morrissey made it very Kansas specific:

During the videos, a super-inposed face of Margaret Thatcher in the wicked witch of the west from Wizard of Oz with the "Ding-dong the Witch is Dead" song playing in the background. All the band wore Superman shirts (Superman being raised in Kansas).

Someone ( a man I believe) from the crowd asked Morrissey to marry him to which he replied, "No, I'm not going to marry you, or anyone, why would I do that?" Something like that.

Looked like the band was going to finish at 'Meat is Murder,' but Morrissey talked to the band and they quickly replaced their guitars and played NFD.

Morrissey genuinely looked pleased at the crowd singing along and looked about to come to tears during a couple of songs, one of course was 'Asleep.'

Alright, if there are any other important moments of the show I remember I will post them later,

Leafs

Sounds like a great show! Was there the usual obnoxious hooting and hollering during Asleep?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom