Lawrence, KS - Liberty Hall (May 20, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Hand In Glove / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Life Is A Pigsty / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by Ryan. and also setlist.fm, link posted by Chip

Last edited:
I feel very lucky having seen "THE NATIONAL FRONT DISCO" live in San Jose. One of my favorite ever solo songs. And you can do whatever you want to ME too, but don't send me to Lincoln Nebraska either... Can't believe he played Nebraska and Kansas....

Your signature is out of date. :cool:

I know, I know, I know--I just like the artwork which they've never used before for that event. I actually stole a poster from a public posting place--which is all torn and battered. But I am told this is very punk rock! Though they are using the same artwork for the next Cryfest which is by some coincidence the same week Morrissey is in town...:thumb:

I wonder if Moz reads these reviews. Someone after the Lincoln show posted "Really starting to think he just actually hates playing ODGWBF." And then he opens with a fierce "One Day..." as if to say, "f*** you, this is MY song and I love it!" Phenomenal show. Only disappointment was would have rather heard "I Have Forgiven Jesus" or "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday" instead of "The Youngest..." His voice was, virtually, flawless. Amazing artist. Question: Does anybody know the band/song/video that was played pre-show, right before Chris Andrews' "Yesterday Man"? I thought it was Brian Eno singing for Roxy Music, but I think only Bryan Ferry did their lead vocals. Never heard the song before and I got hooked before it finished. It also preceded "All The Young Dudes."

So many things...

>Dissing Lincoln, NE unjustifyably (lol)
>Opening with the encore that Lincoln never got (LOL)
>NFD and FOTGTD

So glad he's back. f*** Lincoln, Nebraska. They did -absolutely- nothing wrong and it was a tragically comical, absurd misunderstanding, which makes it all the more hilarious to me. But it's Nebraska, so who f***ing cares.

Last night felt like a fight with a lover, and tonight was the make-up sex.

This.

The New Morrissey Single:

Yes, I Am Boring

f***in lol

sorry, Moz. you've had my sympathy in the past but now you're just being an asshat.
the humor is gone from the lyrics, your singing on the newer songs is more and more akin to the sound of a spy being tortured, and you don't know how to treat your fans.
farewell then, career...

180 degrees the opposite. First of all, being an tremendous asshat is part of his charm. And his lyrics are funnier and better than ever. "Bullfighter" might be one of the most humorous he's ever written and "Istanbul" is among the most beautiful.

Last edited:
sorry, Moz. you've had my sympathy in the past but now you're just being an asshat.
the humor is gone from the lyrics, your singing on the newer songs is more and more akin to the sound of a spy being tortured, and you don't know how to treat your fans.
farewell then, career...

You tell him 'anonymous'! He's really going to miss you :)

You tell him 'anonymous'! He's really going to miss you :)

But exactly the reason Morrissey now finds himself plodding around Hicksville, USA, where once upon a time he could have sold out a week at Wembley Arena or Madison Square Garden.

But exactly the reason Morrissey now finds himself plodding around Hicksville, USA, where once upon a time he could have sold out a week at Wembley Arena or Madison Square Garden.

Oh Lord, what a clown! So, this fall from grace, do tell - how bad is it? When was the last sold-out week at Wembley? Or Madison Square Garden? Put this savage decline in fortune into context for us.

El Ell

Oh Lord, what a clown! So, this fall from grace, do tell - how bad is it? When was the last sold-out week at Wembley? Or Madison Square Garden? Put this savage decline in fortune into context for us.

El Ell

Your knowledge of Morrissey's career trajectory seems vague at best. Let's give you a test. You do know he used to be in a band, yes?

Your knowledge of Morrissey's career trajectory seems vague at best. Let's give you a test. You do know he used to be in a band, yes?

Hmm, Barleycorn evading a question, so what's new. To be clear, when did he sell out a week at Wembley or a week at MSG, as you have claimed he once could. That's all for now please.

El Ell

According to people on twitter he started the show by saying "You can do anything you want, but don't send me back to Lincoln, Nebraska."

What a f***ing asshole. He puts on a f***ing shitty show in Lincoln and then blames Lincoln. What a f***ing douche bag.

I see you are an expert on American geography and culture now.

One week it was chavs now it is hicks!

You're very boring.

And I am not talking about the drive.

El Ell

I don't know about selling out, but last time he played Madison Square Garden was July 13, 1991. He did not play for a week. He was scheduled to play there again in 2007 (once again not for a week and I don't know about ticket sales), but cancelled and ended up playing at the Hammerstein Ballroom (for a week!) instead.

He's also playing Barclay's on this tour--which is pretty much equivalent to Madison and from as as far as I can tell his first "big" venue show in New York City since July 13, 1991.

I don't know about selling out, but last time he played Madison Square Garden was July 13, 1991. He did not play for a week. He was scheduled to play there again in 2007 (once again not for a week and I don't know about ticket sales), but cancelled and ended up playing at the Hammerstein Ballroom (for a week!) instead.

He's also playing Barclay's on this tour--which is pretty much equivalent to Madison and from as as far as I can tell his first "big" venue show in New York City since July 13, 1991.

... and Barclay's is NOT sold out :(

So many things...

>Dissing Lincoln, NE unjustifyably (lol)
>Opening with the encore that Lincoln never got (LOL)
>NFD and FOTGTD

So glad he's back. f*** Lincoln, Nebraska. They did -absolutely- nothing wrong and it was a tragically comical, absurd misunderstanding, which makes it all the more hilarious to me. But it's Nebraska, so who f***ing cares.

I think we must all think this way... like right now I'm thinking SFW it's KS... but then again I live in SLC and think we have a great place here, whilst most of you are probably thinking, BFE Utah...

farewell then, career...

For all of the people still bitching about the treatment of the fans in Nebraska, maybe you should redirect your anger at the person who couldn't exercise any self-control and refused to let Morrissey finish his story. It isn't about the content of the shouted statement, it's the fact that some people just can't wait five seconds before interjecting their own comments or antecdotes. There is a time to yell and show appreciation, and there is a time to listen quietly, but obviously there were some people at that show who have not mastered appropriate concert etiquette. It is JUST f***ING RUDE to interrupt people when they are speaking; and when I have invested money and time into seeing Morrissey live, I want to savor every second, every word. I certainly don't want to hear some douche bag scream some irrelevant comment over Morrissey's words. Additionally, he didn't walk out; if you look at the set list, you were only denied an encore. You may be pissed about that, but that is all on the self-absorbed loud mouth. In the past, he would have walked out or he would have cancelled the next show. It seems like he is trying to make this a successful, complete tour. It seems like some of his "fans" don't Know how to treat him.

lynnda

Totally agree..You just knew he was planning a classic walkout on one of these hick states. He's touring more cause he knows he's not getting the cd sales anymore. Especially with all the "downloading" these days. Desperate for the cash he doesn't get anymore. Lincoln folks should consider themselves lucky, he actually played more than he normally does before a walkout. It was funny to see the Merch desk empty after the walkout..lol.

FTR, Barclay's is the new MSG. MSG, despite a recent thorough renovation, feels old hat. Barclays is doing a better job of drawing all the top acts. (JayZ, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Arcade Fire, etc.) The Barclays space is fresh and new, actually easier to get to on public transport, and has the added cachet of being located in hip Brooklyn. It's in downtown Brooklyn, but still.

Still no idea why they haven't banned meat for this show. The regular menu of cheeseburgers and hotdogs and chicken wings and bad sushi is available for preorder to suite holders.

No - he's always said he prefers smaller venues. Large venues just don't work for Morrissey gigs as many fans - and Morrissey himself - will testify. But of course you know that already, don't you, Mr Troll.

For all of the people still bitching about the treatment of the fans in Nebraska, maybe you should redirect your anger at the person who couldn't exercise any self-control and refused to let Morrissey finish his story. It isn't about the content of the shouted statement, it's the fact that some people just can't wait five seconds before interjecting their own comments or antecdotes. There is a time to yell and show appreciation, and there is a time to listen quietly, but obviously there were some people at that show who have not mastered appropriate concert etiquette. It is JUST f***ING RUDE to interrupt people when they are speaking; and when I have invested money and time into seeing Morrissey live, I want to savor every second, every word. I certainly don't want to hear some douche bag scream some irrelevant comment over Morrissey's words. Additionally, he didn't walk out; if you look at the set list, you were only denied an encore. You may be pissed about that, but that is all on the self-absorbed loud mouth. In the past, he would have walked out or he would have cancelled the next show. It seems like he is trying to make this a successful, complete tour. It seems like some of his "fans" don't Know how to treat him.

lynnda
For Pete's sake Lynnda, I usually agree with most of what you say but COME ON! Morrissey has been doing this for THIRTY years! If he hasn't yet figured out how to handle a few morons without penalizing an entire audience then it's something he needs to give some thought to.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom