Salt Lake City, UT - Kingsbury Hall (May 16, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Old Mathew

• Photos and review: Morrissey makes memorable return to SLC by Jeremy Harmon - The Salt Lake Tribune. Photo slideshow (15 total). Link posted by talljmod.

slc.jpg
  • Morrissey @ Kingsbury Hall 05.16 with Kristeen Young by Dean O Hillis - SLUG Magazine. Link posted by Jon West.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm not really a complainer (especially since I wasn't in attendance!) but damn.... is this not the slowest, dullest looking setlist ever? Just might be. Barely a rocker in sight.

Maybe the altitude got to him?

Honestly, I'm not really a complainer (especially since I wasn't in attendance!) but damn.... is this not the slowest, dullest looking setlist ever? Just might be. Barely a rocker in sight.

That being the case, I'm concerned about what performing in Denver might do. But he's been here before, he knows what to expect.

To clarify - of course there are some wonderful songs in this setlist. 4-5 real gems ("Trouble Loves Me"!) But overall, the tempo of this show looks very slow, even as compared to 10 days ago. Especially considering classics like Sunday and Speedway have been slowed down a bit.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the guitar solo in the studio version of "World Peace is None of Your Business" sounds very similar to what Jesse would play during "Ouija Board Ouija Board" in recent years?

This is all part of the journey. If he accepts it all of the time, it would not be the same! Read Following the Mozziah; you will see!

Please don't read that blog .The person who writes it is a jerk and wants your attention just a little too much.Thank You.Please exercise critical thinking and be your own self. People have no right to control the thoughts of others.

Official Statement: This is NOT Old Mathew.

I would like to stress that I do not drink Red Bull. I gather that someone is commenting in my name that I drank Red Bull - but that is NOT Old Mathew. Please be aware that he is bogus. That's, of course, if you should remotely care.

Uncommentably yours,
Old Mathew
Salt Lake City
17 May 2014

Ha ha! Too true. After posting I looked around and thought for a moment, "I should clean this effing place." But then thought better of it and forced myself to go to bed.

Hope that doesn't get me in trouble!

- - - Updated - - -

I Have Forgiven Jesus - 2 mins only

You won't get in trouble. I love this song so much.

In other news Solomon looks like a goddam professional body builder. f***. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
No "Girl Least Likely To" then. Damn. I think he could do with changing things up a bit, even if it's just throwing a couple of new songs from the new album. He may as well throw them out there to the audience for him to judge if they are any good live.

I would take a 90m version of To Give as the whole set and be happy mind you, but I really hope he adds some thunder to the setlist the deeper the tour gets. It does come across as a somewhat lagging setlist, although the crowd and band energy can be a real game changer as well even if the setlist is lacking.

Last year in Columbus was the single most enjoyable show I have ever been to, and that's saying a lot with 300+ shows seen, from The Mary Chain to John Lee Hooker, Grateful Dead to Information Society. Yes the setlist was absolutely amazing, but it was the crowd energy that really made it so enjoyable and Moz picked up on it quick and went with it.

Its just with his amazing back catalog and the rampant cancellations of last year, one would think he would come back with a ravenous energy and setlist. I am VERY pleased that we have a new album to swoon about though :)

Last edited:
He hasn't been taking his shirt off this tour? Am I right?

Would be an interesting thing to chart the length of the setlists for each leg of his tours through the years. When I was entering the wiki stuff it seemed like the beginning and end of each leg had more songs than the middle shows. Of course that's only anecdotal info so who knows. Still, 17 songs seems like a short night out.

Thank you, old Matthew for the setlist and review! It sounds like a good show. Too bad he cut some songs, I hope he beefs the setlist back up.

Back
Top Bottom