Obsessed!!

H

Hectors Gun

> Morrissey probably
> believes that there could have been a good chance that at some point a
> smiths reunion could have happened had not Mike and Andy decided to sue.

The problem with a reunion has nothing to do with Mike & Andy. The stumbling block is, and has always been, Johnny. Most Smiths fans wouldn't care who was playing drums & bass. The main draw would be Morrissey & Marr.

> He probably forgives Andy more because he finally backed down,

Andy isn't forgiven, but the main 'criminal' in Morrissey's mind is Mike. There are personal reasons as well as financial, but I shall say nothing more about that. Morrissey never believes that he is wrong. He never apologises for anything.

> but i remember that in some interview, he accused Mike of putting the nail in
> the coffin.

Morrissey would accuse Mike of causing the downfall of the Holy Roman Empire, if he thought anyone would believe him. The court case is no concern of anyone other than those who were members on the Smiths. Morrissey was the one who chose to write songs about it, and drag it into every interview he has done for the last 5 years. It makes him look so childish. Does he not realise that people are laughing at him? You can almost imagine him stamping his feet & crying with frustration, just like a small child who cannot get it's own way. Truly pathetic. It's all his mothers fault, you know.

> And lets not already forget the amount of anger and rejection he was
> carrying around with him when Johnny left.

Which was entirely of Morrisseys own doing. Morrissey made the situation impossible for Johnny to stay. Johnny didn't want to leave the Smiths. He was forced out by Morrisseys posessiveness.

> its like when someone finds out that their mate is cheating on them.
> do they get angry at their mate? no.

Yes, actually. Well, I certainly would.

> they hunt down the person who interfered.

Maybe in your neck of the woods. Certainly not in my world. If someone betrays you, you have nothing more to do with that person. Spending time on vendettas is merely a waste of time & energy. And money, in this case.

>He never apologises for anything.

Well he did in Suedehead.

> Well he did in Suedehead.

I'd hoped for a more sensible response, oh well....... I should have expected a glib reply.

morrissey never denied being petulant. it's part of his allure. i like strong-minded individuals. i'm mighty stubborn myself.

> morrissey never denied being petulant. it's part of his allure. i like
> strong-minded individuals. i'm mighty stubborn myself.

There is a world of difference between stuborness & idiocy. Morrissey, I fear, displays the latter. I'm sure that even you, will let things go, eventually.

> There is a world of difference between stuborness & idiocy. Morrissey,
> I fear, displays the latter.

There's also a world of difference between stuborness and stubbornness.

i guess i like idiocy then.

anyway, i suppose mike joyce and andy rourke did get screwed, but it's kind of their own faults. they probably should have been a bit more diligent back in the day and paid closer attention to the business aspect of things. i wasnt there, so obviously i dont know for certain that they were a bit dim, but it seems to me, if i were in a successful band, id be asking a lot of questions and paying more attention to detail.

> There's also a world of difference between stuborness and stubbornness.

Well, not really a 'world'. One 'b', and one 'n'. You try typing, with no errors, at 7am, with a few beers inside you.

If you can't respond to the points raised, look for finger slips. Well done!! You are to be congratulated on your pickiness! Are you Morrissey??

We don't all use spell checkers, you know?

If you spot anymore spelling mistakes, you'll be sure to let me know, right?

I thank you in advance.

> i guess i like idiocy then.

If you are one of our American cousins, as I'm sure you are, then I'm sure that you were born and raised on it!

> anyway, i suppose mike joyce and andy rourke did get screwed, but it's
> kind of their own faults. they probably should have been a bit more
> diligent back in the day and paid closer attention to the business aspect
> of things.

Mike and Andy did indeed ask a lot of questions, and no-one was more surprised than them, when they realised that their names weren't on the Rough Trade contract. When they asked Morrissey about performance royalties, they were asked by Moz if they thought he was 'screwing' them, and if they didn't like the situation, they could be replaced.

Bear in mind that the Smiths was Mike & Andys first successful band, & what would you do in that situation? Would you moan continually about contracts, and eventually sicken the band leaders until you got sacked? Or would you trust your friends not to 'stiff' you?

I think I'd trust my friends.

> i wasnt there, so obviously i dont know for certain that they
> were a bit dim, but it seems to me, if i were in a successful band, id be
> asking a lot of questions and paying more attention to detail.

They weren't in a successful band when the contract was signed. The alternative when the the royalty problem reared it's head, was them leaving a very successful band, or shutting up & trusting their mates. Entirely different situation to joining an already popular band & the contract problems involved therein.

sheesh, you really are obsessed. me, i only waste time on this because i wish to avoid writing an annoying french composition.

> sheesh, you really are obsessed. me, i only waste time on this because i
> wish to avoid writing an annoying french composition.

What a stupid reply!

Look at the number of responses to posts you've made recently. Way more than me! (27 as opposed to my 13). If I have something to say, I say it, and I like to say it as clearly as possible. You post a comment & I reply to it. You reply to my comment but *you're* not obsessed?? Be sensible!

Is it just that you don't have the ability to respond to my posts, that force you to be insulting? Do you feel unable to argue the point at hand? If you think that I'm obsessed, please don't reply to my posts. But if you choose to reply, I have the right to reply to you.

I think that if you do, you'll find that I'll not stoop to your level, & call you 'obsessed'.

At least I make an effort with my posts.

Americans!! Lord save us!!

i apologise. i was merely explaining myself as i do realise how silly i look posting nonstop. there is nothing to do on a sunday at my uni.

i never denied being obsessed. i probably am. obviously you have some good points and are very stubborn and i am, of course, also stubborn, but i think neither of us has anything else that is really of any interest to say about this subject. it has been done to death at this point. so let's bring it to a close, unless you have anything particularly illuminating to add. no use insulting each other over something that affects neither of us personally, unless you are mike joyce of course!

> i apologise.

Accepted.

> i never denied being obsessed. i probably am. obviously you have some good
> points and are very stubborn and i am, of course, also stubborn, but i
> think neither of us has anything else that is really of any interest to
> say about this subject. it has been done to death at this point.

It was done to death 3 years ago, yet it is discussed every time Morrissey does an interview. I didn't start this current 'legal' thread. I get very very sick of Morrissey's attitude to the whole thing, and, unfortunately, Morrissey's side is all most people ever get to hear.

>no use insulting each other over something that affects neither of us
> personally, unless you are mike joyce of course!

I wasn't going to say anything, but......

may i ask what your opinion of morrissey's music is? i'm curious, that's all.

> may i ask what your opinion of morrissey's music is? i'm curious, that's
> all.

Now, or then?

Then; super, marvellous, fantastic!!

Now; a pale shadow of what it used to be.

then being smiths-era? or does it encompass morrissey up until the vauxhill days?

>>>The problem with a reunion has nothing to do with Mike & Andy. The stumbling block is, and has always been, Johnny. Most Smiths fans wouldn't care who was playing drums & bass. The main draw would be Morrissey & Marr.

My personal opinion of Morrisey's solo stuff is that is s*cks. Even though, I must say, The First Of The Gang To Die is pretty cool. Viva hate is somewhat bearable, but the rest....zzzzzzz

By the way, I know MY opinion wasn't asked, but I gave it anyway. HA!

>>>>>Bear in mind that the Smiths was Mike & Andys first successful band, & what would you do in that situation? Would you moan continually about contracts, and eventually sicken the band leaders until you got sacked? Or would you trust your friends not to 'stiff' you?

I think I'd trust my friends.

i normally dont correct people's spelling, but the name is morrissey, dear. double r, double s. (sorry, im just having a dig at you because you answered a question that was not directed at you and then acknowledged as much.)

> then being smiths-era? or does it encompass morrissey up until the
> vauxhill days?

Pretty much up to the point when all the compilations started appearing.

Back
Top Bottom