The Official "Twin Peaks" thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Laura Palmer's diary was a real eye opener when I'd read it as an 11 year old.
On a family friendly note we listened to the twin peaks stk while driving around looking at Christmas lights.
This was a tradition for many years.

I consider the SNL skit to be one of the best of the show. Chris Farley's Leo "here's me killing her, and here's me wrapping her in plastic."

Twin Peaks to be issued on Blu-Ray July 29th

The transfers on this series look stunning. I've had my pre-order locked in since day one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Twin Peaks to be issued on Blu-Ray July 29th

Posts in the pigsty don't show up in search so you didn't do anything wrong there. Merged and moved to off-topic now.

I swear I did a thread search first :o

Re: Twin Peaks to be issued on Blu-Ray July 29th

Mine has been shipped from Amazon UK..can't wait to watch the entire series again now in Hi Def :guitar:

I'm about 6 or 7 episodes from finishing this and quite enjoying it. My only gripe is some of the scenes are drawn out waaaaaaaaaaay too long. It's clear his inspiration is very Days of Our Lives, but do I really have to sit through (what feels like) a five minute saxophone solo watching Catherine and Ben Horn almost kiss over a Civil War replica long shot? I'd rather watch Lucy try to transfer a phonecall.

Yeah is that still on? The last I read about it, Lynch was getting cold feet and calling it off. But admittedly that was awhile ago. I also read they extended the episode run. So I don't know.

There were a lot of issues at first, other than the obvious ones...supposedly, Lynch wanted a percentage of streaming royalties, then wanted a larger budget for the show. They compromised and the show is back on with Lynch. However, this ended up delaying things a little. From what I understand, they begin filming in September but the show won't air until 2017.

When it comes down to it, I suspect this whole thing is Lynch "slumming it" in order to fund his next theatrical film...

Also, what is the deal with this picture? I never knew they filmed anything else meant to take place after the mirror smashing scene...

twin-peaks-co-creator-will-publish-companion-book-for-tv-return.jpg

Also, what is the deal with this picture? I never knew they filmed anything else meant to take place after the mirror smashing scene...

twin-peaks-co-creator-will-publish-companion-book-for-tv-return.jpg

I just watched that scene again. Now, my understanding with Missing Pieces was that it was all FWWM outtakes. But that scene was obviously part of the show; from what, a year earlier? But I can see why they included it in the Missing Pieces box, I guess.

It was interesting to see more post-lodge Annie footage, btw.

What did you think of Genisys?

I just watched that scene again. Now, my understanding with Missing Pieces was that it was all FWWM outtakes. But that scene was obviously part of the show; from what, a year earlier? But I can see why they included it in the Missing Pieces box, I guess.

It was interesting to see more post-lodge Annie footage, btw.

What did you think of Genisys?

That explains it then...I only watched the Missing Pieces scenes on Youtube about a year ago and that was it. I've never even played the blu-ray set yet.

I honestly haven't seen Genisys yet. Have you? If so, what are your thoughts? I mean, even without seeing it, I already know it isn't going to be as good as the first 2...my only hope is that it is better than the last two. I usually don't go to see films until they are out for about 3 weeks already...that way we don't have to sit around a bunch of annoying teenagers.

The last two films we saw on opening day, which I think were The Expendables 2 and Man Of Steel, we had major problems with cell phones, cell phones used as flashlights, farting people, teenage girls gabbing, people constantly getting up and down, SOMEONE DOING SCHOOL WORK ON THEIR LAPTOP!

It deeply bothers me that the entire movie isn't Arnold vs Arnold...in a way, it almost seems like they're saying the original Terminator and the T-1000 were pushovers who, with these new guys, could have been killed in a minute and a half. I have a big problem with that.

That explains it then...I only watched the Missing Pieces scenes on Youtube about a year ago and that was it. I've never even played the blu-ray set yet.

I honestly haven't seen Genisys yet. Have you? If so, what are your thoughts? I mean, even without seeing it, I already know it isn't going to be as good as the first 2...my only hope is that it is better than the last two. I usually don't go to see films until they are out for about 3 weeks already...that way we don't have to sit around a bunch of annoying teenagers.

The last two films we saw on opening day, which I think were The Expendables 2 and Man Of Steel, we had major problems with cell phones, cell phones used as flashlights, farting people, teenage girls gabbing, people constantly getting up and down, SOMEONE DOING SCHOOL WORK ON THEIR LAPTOP!

It deeply bothers me that the entire movie isn't Arnold vs Arnold...in a way, it almost seems like they're saying the original Terminator and the T-1000 were pushovers who, with these new guys, could have been killed in a minute and a half. I have a big problem with that.

No, I have not seen it yet; I am halfway through rewatching the franchise and then hopefully I will catch it before it leaves theaters.

I have read a lot about it; I guess it does away with the last two films and the TV show. And the Old Arnold vs. Young Arnold thing is really fascinating to me; hopefully it is done right. But it's been pretty panned across the board, which I don't really care about; just saying I am prepared for suckage, and that's fine, as long as the fanboy stuff is cool. I guess it rewrites the history, and there are anomalies even before things get rolling (like I guess young Sarah in this one is already a badass) and I like alternate realities/paradox stuff (two of my favorite movies are Back To The Future and Frequency). So I'm excited about it but yeah I need to get on it.

And yeah, people at movie theaters f***ing SUCK.

Last stuff we saw was Jurassic World (meh) and Fury Road (f***ing amazing; saw it twice.)

Did you guys see Fury Road? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I have not seen it yet; I am halfway through rewatching the franchise and then hopefully I will catch it before it leaves theaters.

I have read a lot about it; I guess it does away with the last two films and the TV show. And the Old Arnold vs. Young Arnold thing is really fascinating to me; hopefully it is done right. But it's been pretty panned across the board, which I don't really care about; just saying I am prepared for suckage, and that's fine, as long as the fanboy stuff is cool. I guess it rewrites the history, and there are anomalies even before things get rolling (like I guess young Sarah in this one is already a badass) and I like alternate realities/paradox stuff (two of my favorite movies are Back To The Future and Frequency). So I'm excited about it but yeah I need to get on it.

And yeah, people at movie theaters f***ing SUCK.

Last stuff we saw was Jurassic World (meh) and Fury Road (f***ing amazing; saw it twice.)

Did you guys see Fury Road? Thoughts?

Well, to be fair, the fact that there was ever a sequel to the first film at all is an anomaly consider Reese specifically states that only he and the Terminator went through before the machine was blown. There never should have been any of these sequels...the fact that T2 was an amazing movie helped in ignoring the fact but it really has become a bit ridiculous. I would have rather seen Arnold in another Conan or Predator movie, honestly. There have been plenty of Terminator films already and each one takes us further and further away from the legitimacy of the first two. I'll see it eventually, but I'm not really in a rush...which is a shame because Arnold was a really big part of my childhood cinematic viewing experiences. I don't know what has happened to him, really. He used to be so careful about working with good directors...at some point after Eraser, he really dropped the ball and hasn't been in a movie where they fully know what to do with his character.

We saw Jurassic World in theaters a few weeks back. I wasn't really happy with it. It was more entertaining when we watched it a second time on a streaming site...but still, it was an over-hyped mess that didn't make any sense and didn't even come close to the original film.

Fury Road is amazing, yes! Absolutely loved it! I like Tom Hardy, but honestly, this was the Mad Max film Mel deserved and I can't help but feel the film suffered from his absence. Hardy played Max almost like a mumbling, socially awkward teen as opposed to someone who has just lost their humanity after all they've been through. I cringe at thinking that Beyond Thunderdome was his swan song. There were a couple parts I didn't care for...just little nags...mostly the hallucinations of Max's child that for some reason now they've turned into a daughter? Also didn't like that the Interceptor was trashed. Other than that, it was an amazing visual experience and rightfully violent.

Back
Top Bottom