Pre-show Videos 2014 - 2015

What's the underlying theme in the pre-show video? What's the association between them all?

Detroit - Masonic Temple

Just before or right after Ike and Tina's Nutbush City Limits was another soulful video of a song about "kiss me" something. Any info? Name of song, group, video link?

Poetry Narration at very beginning?

I was at the July 11th gig in Bloomington, IL. Before the pre-show footage, there was what sounded like an African American woman reading poetry over the loud speaker? it had a lot of sexual innuendos in it. Was this of Morrissey's doing? I have nothing against it, I was only curious. Thank you. :)

Leo Sayer - The Show Must Go On

I'm quite facinated by this song in the pre-show videos. Why does Moz choose certain songs? Because the lyrics apply to him? Does he want to say something with certain songs he chooses? It wouldn't be too far fetched because I remember a story where James Maker said he and Moz exchanged messages through songs. Mmmh ... I had a similar strange feeling when Moz, out of the blue, said that he listened a lot to Melanie Safka's Johnny Boy and I Really Loved Harold (beautiful songs by the way).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6gEkfwozhE

Baby, although I chose this lonely life
It seems it's strangling me now
All the wild men, big cigars, gigantic cars
They're all laughing at me now
Oh I've been used
I've been taken for a fool, oh what a fool
I broke all the rules
But I won't let the show go on
Baby look there's an enormous crowd of people
And they're all after my blood
I wish maybe they'd tear down the walls
Of this theatre and let me out, let me out
Oh I've been so blind
I've wasted time
Wasted, wasted, oh so much time
Walking on the wire, high wire

[Scat verse]
Oh I've been so blind
I've wasted time
Wasted, wasted, oh so much time
Walking on the wire, high wire
Baby I wish you'd help me escape
And help me get away
Leave me outside my address
Far away from this masquerade
I've been so used I've been so abused
I've been a fool I broke all the rules
I've been so used oh and abused
But I won't let the show go
I said I won't let the show oh
Won't let the show go on

Dying to track down Jobriath performance video during Morrisey's pre-show at FYF

Hi guys, I see most of Morrissey's pre-show videos have been identified, but there was one I saw at FYF last night in LA that I'm desperately trying to find the source to. I believe it's Jobriath (probably), but he's wearing clown makeup, and it looks like a TV special-type performance. The whole song played. It was incredible.

Can't find anything searching through Google. Does anyone know where I can find it, or the name of the song performed? It wasn't his midnight special performances (I'm A Man, Rock of Ages), just to clarify.

Re: Dying to track down Jobriath performance video during Morrisey's pre-show at FYF!

Hi guys, I see most of Morrissey's pre-show videos have been identified, but there was one I saw at FYF last night in LA that I'm desperately trying to find the source to. I believe it's Jobriath (probably), but he's wearing clown makeup, and it looks like a TV special-type performance. The whole song played. It was incredible.

Can't find anything searching through Google. Does anyone know where I can find it, or the name of the song performed? It wasn't his midnight special performances (I'm A Man, Rock of Ages), just to clarify.

Not Jobriath.
Leo Sayer!
See Hear ~

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/135834-Leo-Sayer-The-Show-Must-Go-On

Re: Dying to track down Jobriath performance video during Morrisey's pre-show at FYF!

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH!

Re: Leo Sayer - The Show Must Go On

Maybe he just thinks it's groovy?

yes I have been on sites trying to establish this too, saw him on Friday in Hull UK and there was a video of a black girl playing a telecaster and want to know who she was what song it was as it was great, seems slightly different to the list of videos that have been shown on rest of tour,,, any help appreciated

Anyone know what film the clip of the three gang members facing off against a policeman (and then another gang) was from?? Thanks!

Hi guys,

I was recently at the Hull show, and there was a very out of place, but seriously catchy rock/metal type video with words rolling round the band playing - I quite enjoyed it, but it was definitely the heaviest of all the videos, and I was surprised it got included. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks

Dom

Hi guys,

I was recently at the Hull show, and there was a very out of place, but seriously catchy rock/metal type video with words rolling round the band playing - I quite enjoyed it, but it was definitely the heaviest of all the videos, and I was surprised it got included. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks

Dom

It's Apossibly by The Apex Theory.

The rest of the info is listed in http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133310-2015-Tour-FAQ

Last edited:
Tags
bournemouth film
Back
Top Bottom