Andy Rourke is out of a job

Re: Andy Rourke is out of a job.

Morrissey is doing "Yes I Am Blind" and "Girl Least Likely To" on his tour. That can't be happening for no reason. Just saying.

But then again Rourke has actually been invited to Marr's gigs a few times. I think he should try and write an album with Marr. I can't see Morrissey having him back in his band, even if he is singing the songs he actually wrote...

I'm sure Rourke's made his money either way.

I really just meant to suggest that there might have been a reconciliation, not that they were about reform the Smiths as a two-piece or anything.

I don't think Andy Rourke needs East Village Radio to make money. Hasn't he already made his money?

So, you don’t listen to much contemporary music?

Andy Rourke February, 2014: “I do, yeah. I used to do a radio show on East Village Radio. My arrangement with them was that I was just going to take a hiatus, so I’m hoping to go back to that very soon. I just found it very difficult to come up with something fresh every week without continuing to repeat the playlist. I thought I was doing the listeners a disservice, and so I needed to stop for awhile and rekindle my thoughts and see where I wanted to take it next. So, watch the status on that one.”

Doesn't look like he can go back there now!

Morrissey is doing "Yes I Am Blind" and "Girl Least Likely To" on his tour. That can't be happening for no reason. Just saying.

YES! If Morrissey and Rourke reformed The Smiths without Johnny Marr that would be the best. Maybe not musically, but every other way. Besides Morrissey could hire four guitarists to stand behind the curtain and play all the parts from the record and pay them far less than Marr would get. Maybe use tapes instead of a drummer. This is a tour I would follow.

Andy Rourke continues to work traveling for his regular DJ events, working on his current project 'JetLag' with partner Olé Koretsky and collaborating with actor James Franco in his band 'Daddy'—just to name a few!

Andy Rourke now has his own music 'chat show' called "TUNE IN/TUNE OUT".

Melissa Aubert is his current manager.

No need to feel sorry for Andy Rourke. See http://www.andyrourke.com for all the latest updates.

Next Moz will be performing the song "Get Off The Stage". Andy Rourke and Morrissey may very well work together again. I see this as a sign.

Andy Rourke's not standing in the dole queue.

Maybe Andy Rourke's wife Fran Mor has money and she can afford to keep him.

Next Moz will be performing the song "Get Off The Stage". Andy Rourke and Morrissey may very well work together again. I see this as a sign.

Andy Rourke's not standing in the dole queue.

Maybe Andy Rourke's wife Fran Mor has money and she can afford to keep him.

Morrissey said "I never perform, only seals perform" . I really doubt Morrissey would work with Andy Rourke again.

Andy Rourke continues to work traveling for his regular DJ events, working on his current project 'JetLag' with partner Olé Koretsky and collaborating with actor James Franco in his band 'Daddy'—just to name a few!

Andy Rourke now has his own music 'chat show' called "TUNE IN/TUNE OUT".

Melissa Aubert is his current manager.

No need to feel sorry for Andy Rourke. See http://www.andyrourke.com for all the latest updates.
About James Franco he made an REM video about Los Angeles and stardom with Lindsay Lohan in it. Jared Leto and the band '30 Seconds to Mars' also released a music video about Hollywood and stardom with Lindsay Lohan in it. So now I guess James Franco is copying Jared Leto, so who copied James Franco?

Did Andy Rourke work with the Riff Raff?

I've seen a bit of Andy Rourke's music 'chat show' "TUNE IN/TUNE OUT" online. I didn't think much of it. The musicians who Andy Rourke interviews are interesting. But Andy Rourke isn't good at interviewing them, he seems stoned or drunk half the time.

Is Mike Joyce still a DJ on "Beat Wolf" radio? I know Mike Joyce has been a DJ/radio presenter on a number of different radio stations over the years. Mike Joyce may have even been on East Village Radio.

About James Franco he made an REM video about Los Angeles and stardom with Lindsay Lohan in it. Jared Leto and the band '30 Seconds to Mars' also released a music video about Hollywood and stardom with Lindsay Lohan in it. So now I guess James Franco is copying Jared Leto, so who copied James Franco?

Did Andy Rourke work with the Riff Raff?

I've seen a bit of Andy Rourke's music 'chat show' "TUNE IN/TUNE OUT" online. I didn't think much of it. The musicians who Andy Rourke interviews are interesting. But Andy Rourke isn't good at interviewing them, he seems stoned or drunk half the time.

Is Mike Joyce still a DJ on "Beat Wolf" radio? I know Mike Joyce has been a DJ/radio presenter on a number of different radio stations over the years. Mike Joyce may have even been on East Village Radio.

Yes Mike Joyce is still with Beatwolf Radio!

Beatwolf Radio is an independent internet radio station broadcasting from Salford Quays.

The station’s Content Director is Mike Joyce, drummer with indie icons The Smiths and long-term radio aficionado. Having started his own frontline broadcasting career at the cult radio station 'The Revolution', Mike moved on to present shows on both BBC6Music and New York’s East Village Radio. He comes to Beatwolf with a clear vision to create and maintain a roster of authentic and interesting programming cut loose from the shackles of ‘old skool’ broadcasting.

Mike and his Beatwolf team maintain an honest, open programming policy in which Djs, artists, producers, promoters and fans are invited to create and cultivate radio shows that reflect their own musical and cultural heritage. There is no playlist and no party line at Beatwolf.

Yes Mike Joyce is still with Beatwolf Radio!

Beatwolf Radio is an independent internet radio station broadcasting from Salford Quays.

The station’s Content Director is Mike Joyce, drummer with indie icons The Smiths and long-term radio aficionado. Having started his own frontline broadcasting career at the cult radio station 'The Revolution', Mike moved on to present shows on both BBC6Music and New York’s East Village Radio. He comes to Beatwolf with a clear vision to create and maintain a roster of authentic and interesting programming cut loose from the shackles of ‘old skool’ broadcasting.

Mike and his Beatwolf team maintain an honest, open programming policy in which Djs, artists, producers, promoters and fans are invited to create and cultivate radio shows that reflect their own musical and cultural heritage. There is no playlist and no party line at Beatwolf.

I listened to an entire program on Soundcloud , that Mike Joyce hosted, for East Village Radio. It was a show chronicling East Village Radio's best songs of 2012. Mike Joyce was a fabulous host, frankly one of the best I've ever heard. He had great energy, provided interesting anecdotes & information about the songs and performers, cared deeply about the songs he played, was fun to listen to, and has a cool voice. I didn't enjoy every song that he played, but I enjoyed his enthusiastic performance!

Thanks for the information about Mike's show for Beatwolf Radio! I'm going to check it out as soon as I can.

:lol These threads are pretty fvcking horrible, dude. Half because of what you type, and half because of the responses from dumbfvcks who respond. Put that all together, this place becomes an unreadable shithole. And yes, I know I am responding, so inb4youreadumbfvck HUUUUrRRrRRR DUUuUURRRrRR. Save that shit, I won't be reading it. fvck this forum.

Andy Rourke's partner Olé Koretsky is sadly out of a job on East Village Radio.

167fb329937c85130847ead6d4bcc79663ecd868bac0dabc592c42eb85ac8c36.jpg

Back
Top Bottom