El Paso, TX - Plaza Theatre (May 13, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / That's How People Grow Up / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Girl Least Likely To / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / The National Front Disco // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by setlist.fm and gustavo

• Morrissey stops El Paso show because of how security was treating fans, says tour manager - kvia.com. Link posted by Chip.

Excerpt:

A Harvest Records publicist told ABC-7 Wednesday afternoon that the El Paso show was stopped because "security was being too rough with his fans, and he got upset about it. Since it was the ... encore, he just stopped playing so they wouldn't get hurt."

The publicist received the explanation from Morrissey's tour manager.

The publicist added that "fans coming on stage is a longstanding Morrissey tradition - he loves them!"
  • Photos: Morrissey performs at the Plaza Theatre - El Paso Times. Photos by Ruben R. Ramirez (22 total). Link posted by gustavo.

elpaso.jpg

Last edited:
2am (9am UK) "I was trying to get on stage and was getting manhandled by security. He (Moz) shook my hand and said "I'm sorry and left. Morrissey stopped tonight's gig because his security were getting rough with me & possibly one other fan. He shook my hand and apologised. I tried to get on stage. I didn't get near him at first but Moz thought they were hurting me & stopped then shook my hand. I tried to get on stage. The security wrestled with my head and neck a bit. Moz didn't like it and stopped. I'm fine. "

There's nothing 'unique' about it. It's entirely cultivated and has been since 1983. It was orginally assumed to be an 'ironic' statement, a gesture to previous 'icons' and their troubled relationship with their 'fans'. Bowie. Bolan. David Cassidy. Then it seems Morrissey 'forgot' that bit and was swept away as well.

Now he's woken up. Or has he? I think there are going to be two lists from now on. The 'imperfect list' of names of unhinged fan-atics, real-life stalkers and online haterz. And the list of those who are still assumed to being attending a show as part of an Audience, rather than as escapee psychotics from a mid-security psychiatric facility. Only the latter will be invited to future intimate shows. It looks to us as if this footage shows "3 Mental Patients" but it's not clear yet whether they're 'fans', security staff or performers. Or a mixture of all those sub-types which numbers WAAAY beyond three.

Is "good Morrissey" going to ban himself from "appearing live on stage" alongside "bad Morrissey"? Of was this all orchestrated by "The Man From Another Place" who appeared in yesterday's teaser recital of WPINOYB? Our investigations continue today as we access the NSA/GCHQ footage via a feed from Cheltenham.

best wishes
Shazza
Its true stage invasions arent "unique" but they were heat felt for a number of years. Americunts have ruined it. It was about hugging one of us. Now its worship.
The crowd fights in LA have been happening in the UK since the smiths

It looks like from the intsagram some guy is his trying to shake his hand--I don't see him grab his crotch--some other dude in a purple shirt jumps up and security gets both guys. Than Morrissey says "Stop, stop, stop--I'm sorry" and shakes the hand that security didn't grab of the guy in the front?

But I could be wrong. He could be shaking hands with security like others are saying.

My mistake, the purple guy jumps on stage after he's already quit. A guy in a white shirt tries to grab his hand and two guys in black shirts hold him back. When he says something I can't make out he points at both guys in black, before saying Stop, I'm done sorry. He looks like he's apologizing to the guy in white?

It seems that way, yes. I don't see anybody trying to grab his crotch but it could have happened before the clip though I fear it's just another of Anonymous's inventions.
I wonder why this forum keeps allowing comments from unregistered people, it's such a pain in the ass to have to put up with all those stupid comments made by the same person.

Are you this crazy person who keeps on whining about how bad you were treated by Blue Rose people, though never explaining what exactly they did to you?
Are you the one who claims that "they stole the Blue Rose idea from you", while it's just as likely that you just had the same idea as they had (others had that Blue Rose idea too, my dear)?
How do you know what that father told his kid about it?
Who said that they're more worthy than any other fan who paid for the show?

Grow up FFS and stop talking bullshit, you're not making any sense. At all.

I don't know what you are talking about but you don't need to accuse me of being other people. It doesn't sound like it is very safe to endanger a child by encouraging them to go onstage at a concert, it's not even responsible parenting .By the way, I am grown but thanks for expressing concern for my development. I hope that you grow mentally one day it might do the world some good. Getting a little defensive there, accusing other people of whining when you're just a complete douche to someone you don't even know. Thanks. Peace and Love.What I said makes perfect sense.

It seems that way, yes. I don't see anybody trying to grab his crotch but it could have happened before the clip though I fear it's just another of Anonymous's inventions.
I wonder why this forum keeps allowing comments from unregistered people, it's such a pain in the ass to have to put up with all those stupid comments made by the same person.

I agree and have said it before. People seem to think removing anonymity is like removing your civil rights or something. This site is being ruined by a few braindead tossers with too much free time on their hands. People can still air their views and have the decency and balls to stick their name on the end of their post. I tend to not read anonymous posts anymore as there is a good chance it is worthless lies.

Are you this crazy person who keeps on whining about how bad you were treated by Blue Rose people, though never explaining what exactly they did to you?
Are you the one who claims that "they stole the Blue Rose idea from you", while it's just as likely that you just had the same idea as they had (others had that Blue Rose idea too, my dear)?
How do you know what that father told his kid about it?
Who said that they're more worthy than any other fan who paid for the show?

Grow up FFS and stop talking bullshit, you're not making any sense. At all.

In regards to that person . I believe they did state just exactly what happened but now you call them crazy when in fact they are not crazy. You know nothing about them as a person .Anything to justify your existence and play along . Doesn't say much about you. Insulating your lies and BS.

here's the unofficial setlist from setlist.fm.
but, it seems to be incorrect as several people have posted that he performed "girl least likely to" and that's not on here...

Hand in Glove (The Smiths song)
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Ganglord
The Youngest Was the Most Loved
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Speedway
World Peace Is None of Your Business
That's How People Grow Up
Earth Is the Loneliest Planet
Life Is a Pigsty
The Bullfighter Dies
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Yes, I Am Blind
Meat Is Murder (The Smiths song)
Trouble Loves Me
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
The National Front Disco

Encore: Asleep (The Smiths song)
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell (cut short- band left stage after a few rowdy folks started pushing and shoving up front

I agree and have said it before. People seem to think removing anonymity is like removing your civil rights or something. This site is being ruined by a few braindead tossers with too much free time on their hands. People can still air their views and have the decency and balls to stick their name on the end of their post. I tend to not read anonymous posts anymore as there is a good chance it is worthless lies.

Yes, exactly what I do, I try not to read any anonymous posts, they're usually the same rubbish posted by the same person.

Wow - what the hell is happening on this tour??...I've been going to Morrissey's shows since 1991 and I don't ever recall it being this bad...or at least being "reported" as this bad. Where is all this animosity/aggressive behavior coming from?...frustration over the previously cancelled tour?

We're taking our son to the show - and I never would have imagined sitting up front would have us fearing for his safety...truly sad

There are both useful and useless comments by both anonymous and registered users (matters of opinion), even in this thread. If you want to continue to debate it, use this recent thread in the site feedback forum.

I was in the front. There were no hoodlums. Morrissey stopped the show because the security was getting violent. That's why he apologized to the kid that was being choked in a headlock by security. It wasn't the fans, it was the lame security.

The guy in the purple shirt was a total twat. You know it. Don't blame security for idiotic fans being aggressive and rude.

The guy in the purple shirt looks like Josh from The Originals.

This is incorrect.

here's the unofficial setlist from setlist.fm.
but, it seems to be incorrect as several people have posted that he performed "girl least likely to" and that's not on here...

Hand in Glove (The Smiths song)
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Ganglord
The Youngest Was the Most Loved
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Speedway
World Peace Is None of Your Business
That's How People Grow Up
Earth Is the Loneliest Planet
Life Is a Pigsty
The Bullfighter Dies
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Yes, I Am Blind
Meat Is Murder (The Smiths song)
Trouble Loves Me
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
The National Front Disco

Encore: Asleep (The Smiths song)
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell (cut short- band left stage after a few rowdy folks started pushing and shoving up front

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom