El Paso, TX - Plaza Theatre (May 13, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / That's How People Grow Up / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Girl Least Likely To / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / The National Front Disco // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by setlist.fm and gustavo

• Morrissey stops El Paso show because of how security was treating fans, says tour manager - kvia.com. Link posted by Chip.

Excerpt:

A Harvest Records publicist told ABC-7 Wednesday afternoon that the El Paso show was stopped because "security was being too rough with his fans, and he got upset about it. Since it was the ... encore, he just stopped playing so they wouldn't get hurt."

The publicist received the explanation from Morrissey's tour manager.

The publicist added that "fans coming on stage is a longstanding Morrissey tradition - he loves them!"
  • Photos: Morrissey performs at the Plaza Theatre - El Paso Times. Photos by Ruben R. Ramirez (22 total). Link posted by gustavo.

elpaso.jpg

Last edited:
Then why did he shake the hand of the security guy and not the fan?

He didn't shake the security guards hand. He shook the hand of the fan in between the two guards he was pointing at while saying, "bum, bum, bum". The reason it looks like he shook the guards hand is because the guard had both hands on the fan's shoulders, so Morrissey shook the fan's right hand, but you see the fan grab him with his left as he starts to walk off the stage. It's hard to see, but I've watched it at least twenty times. That's what it looks like to me.

Amazing show. I've seen him 20 plus times, but his voice was spectacular. Better than many other times.

He was in very good spirits through out the show. Introduced "WPINOYB" by saying that it came out today and that 'it's very good'. And it is, indeed.

He played a similar set to what he has done in other cities. BUT he sang one of my all time favorites, "Girl Least Likely To". And it was a dream.

"Yes, I am blind", "I Know It's Going to Happen Someday", "Trouble Loves Me" (introduced by a lovely piano solo) and "Life is a Pigsty" were highlights for me. "Asleep" was the absolute best. "Hand in Glove" was good but so few of us knew it.

The place had great acoustics. Band sounded better than I remembered them sounding.

The new songs sounded awesome live.

A lovely night.

ps: Yes, all the other stuff happened.

Last edited:
He didn't shake the security guards hand. He shook the hand of the fan in between the two guards he was pointing at while saying, "bum, bum, bum". The reason it looks like he shook the guards hand is because the guard had both hands on the fan's shoulders, so Morrissey shook the fan's right hand, but you see the fan grab him with his left as he starts to walk off the stage. It's hard to see, but I've watched it at least twenty times. That's what it looks like to me.

In the instagram video it sure looks like he's shaking security's hand.

Set list anyone ?
Was he singing the line " there are explosive kegs between my legs" ?
This is all of his own making , he obviously hasn't employed enough security to 'police' the stage managed supa-hero-Ste-Mo blessings. Oh well I suppose the publicity won't do any harm eh !
Hey look at this way at least he's turning up and singing a couple unlike the old days.

Benny-the-British-Butcher stp

Essentially the same set as L.A.... except that "Girl Least Likely To" was added and "To give" was not played. GLLT was perfect.

Someone mentioned that these muppets at the front carry penknives so they can cut up Ste-Mo's sacrificial shirts this is dangerous these idiots need to be tasered with stun guns.

Benny-the-British-Butcher stp

A father who takes his son to Morrissey shows and genuinely enjoying the experience - compared to an anonymous prick on the internet talking shit about it - umm what's more annoying?

The father who lies to his child about what the Blue Rose Society is and where it came from. The father who would convince himself of this lie as well.Using the child as a pawn because it gets them attention and there are other people who paid to see the show not just said father.

Woowza!! Is that Morrissey security guard nearly breaking the neck of the fan in the purple? That fan was looking rough, he could of hurt him Morrissey. Dumbass Seems he wasn't happy with the problem down front and stormed off.

;( not happy

Perhaps Morrissey needs to grow up and stop trying to be his younger self and this whole attacking the stage nonsense should be addressed beforehand to the people attending. It should not be allowed.

Seems like some ass grabbed his crotch, and then he also got almost choked by some idiot who made it on stage, and then walked off. f*** those "fans".

This kind of nonsense never happened when he played in Milwaukee,Wisconsin but let's go ahead and ignore those fans and go to the worse crime infested Michigan.This makes sense . NOT . At least the crowds in the midwest are not this bad.

"From Liverpool to El Paso."

We wondered why "BrummieBoy" sent that txt with instructions to get here a.s.a.p. Knackered after Katy Perry. What's going on?
*sips coffee, rubs eyes*

best wishes
Shazza

Why do the fans want to play grab ass with Moz ? He is 50 plus years old and can NOT take the punishment. Some of them seem to be giving him a horse collar tackle as they try to hug him . Back off and let him sing. Gone are the days of a caring hug or jesture .

Last edited:
According to twitter he got ambushed by overzealous fans. Not sure how many songs in, they got to MIM so nearish the end. Bummed if they didn't hear Asleep, it's like the highlight of the night. :(

Twitter is so reliable, like the rest of Teh Intrenent. We can find out everyone's age, where they live, and the Truth, the whole Truth about *what really happened in El Paso* without any further critical thinking because: "the madness of crowds"

best wishes
Shazza

Seems to be a trend this tour. Hopefully they don't kill the nice stage invading. It's a unique part of his shows.

There's nothing 'unique' about it. It's entirely cultivated and has been since 1983. It was orginally assumed to be an 'ironic' statement, a gesture to previous 'icons' and their troubled relationship with their 'fans'. Bowie. Bolan. David Cassidy. Then it seems Morrissey 'forgot' that bit and was swept away as well.

Now he's woken up. Or has he? I think there are going to be two lists from now on. The 'imperfect list' of names of unhinged fan-atics, real-life stalkers and online haterz. And the list of those who are still assumed to being attending a show as part of an Audience, rather than as escapee psychotics from a mid-security psychiatric facility. Only the latter will be invited to future intimate shows. It looks to us as if this footage shows "3 Mental Patients" but it's not clear yet whether they're 'fans', security staff or performers. Or a mixture of all those sub-types which numbers WAAAY beyond three.

Is "good Morrissey" going to ban himself from "appearing live on stage" alongside "bad Morrissey"? Of was this all orchestrated by "The Man From Another Place" who appeared in yesterday's teaser recital of WPINOYB? Our investigations continue today as we access the NSA/GCHQ footage via a feed from Cheltenham.

best wishes
Shazza

Last edited:
I fear Moz won't make it to "the pork fried underbelly of the south" or whatever he called it in autobiography, Atlanta...here's hoping my first out of state/morrissey concert isnt ruined like my first morrissey concert last year

The father who lies to his child about what the Blue Rose Society is and where it came from. The father who would convince himself of this lie as well.Using the child as a pawn because it gets them attention and there are other people who paid to see the show not just said father.

I agree with this. I say slap them booth. The dad is like a snake man in a park

It's interesting how quickly the sound guy switches on the Klaus Nomi song when they exit the stage. Perhaps he's under instruction to immediately end the show if M walks off

I fear Moz won't make it to "the pork fried underbelly of the south" or whatever he called it in autobiography, Atlanta...here's hoping my first out of state/morrissey concert isnt ruined like my first morrissey concert last year

There's reason to think he won't make it once Security Arrangements are reviewed to ensure local agency staff employed deliver a safe concert experience for all attendees. It would be tragic if this album launch were derailed by Morrissey being injured by psychotic fans or hired security. But even more important than that, if he is going to continue role-modelling traditional stardom tropes then he needs to make sure that his 'fans' are safe as well as the wider audience. And that he remains safe from lawsuits from injured/assaulted 'fans', security staff or audience members. And all are kept safe from any crush tragedies in The Pit.

A member of this online forum self-reported that they collapsed in the crowd in Los Angeles and smashed their i-Device and nose whilst consumed by emotion both at the 'appearance onstage' of "Morrissey" and because they were most displeased by the performance of one of the support acts. Such people have to be kept safe from themselves, and other kept safe from their dissociated, disinhibited behaviour whilst intoxicated by the loud music and pulsing lights of the event. If patrons are unable to behave appropriately they will probably find that they are excluded from events. For the good of themselves and the wider community, not from any judgement or blame. Health and safety comes before profits in any civilised society. "Crowd Safety Is Eveyone's Business"

best wishes
Shazza

Last edited:

Are you this crazy person who keeps on whining about how bad you were treated by Blue Rose people, though never explaining what exactly they did to you?
Are you the one who claims that "they stole the Blue Rose idea from you", while it's just as likely that you just had the same idea as they had (others had that Blue Rose idea too, my dear)?
How do you know what that father told his kid about it?
Who said that they're more worthy than any other fan who paid for the show?

Grow up FFS and stop talking bullshit, you're not making any sense. At all.

There's nothing 'unique' about it. It's entirely cultivated and has been since 1983. It was orginally assumed to be an 'ironic' statement, a gesture to previous 'icons' and their troubled relationship with their 'fans'. Bowie. Bolan. David Cassidy. Then it seems Morrissey 'forgot' that bit and was swept away as well.

Now he's woken up. Or has he? I think there are going to be two lists from now on. The 'imperfect list' of names of unhinged fan-atics, real-life stalkers and online haterz. And the list of those who are still assumed to being attending a show as part of an Audience, rather than as escapee psychotics from a mid-security psychiatric facility. Only the latter will be invited to future intimate shows. It looks to us as if this footage shows "3 Mental Patients" but it's not clear yet whether they're 'fans', security staff or performers. Or a mixture of all those sub-types which numbers WAAAY beyond three.

Is "good Morrissey" going to ban himself from "appearing live on stage" alongside "bad Morrissey"? Of was this all orchestrated by "The Man From Another Place" who appeared in yesterday's teaser recital of WPINOYB? Our investigations continue today as we access the NSA/GCHQ footage via a feed from Cheltenham.

best wishes
Shazza

Proving once again that you know nothing. Sad.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom