Not News: Morrissey mentioned in Nick Hornby's 'Juliet, Naked'

Tingle3

I couldn't find it mentioned on 'Solo anywhere, so here goes. In Nick Hornby's 'Juliet, Naked' novel Morrissey is mentioned on p44 of the hardback. I've not finished the book yet, but it seems to be about a middle-aged guy (Duncan) obsessed with a musician (Tucker Crow) who has disappeared from public view and his wife is fed up with the obsession. The guy contributes to a fan website for Tucker Crowe. In response to a review that the wife (Annie) put on the website she gets something from 'MrMozza7' who says "Tucker Crowe is FINISHED get over it you people are pathetic just going on and on about a singer who hasn't made an album for twenty years. He was overrated then and he's overrated now and "Morrissey" is so much better its embarassing". Also The Smiths are mentioned on p131 as a band that Annie liked when she was young and any young man she would talk to would also have like d the same kind of music.

Nick Hornby is an invaluable and most funny writer.
I have picked up many of his books which chronicle his columns at the Believer.
But one of my most favorites is Not A Star. Things could always be worse is the book's message. And lord knows.... xx

Back
Top Bottom