Smiths Super Deluxe Box Set #1

surewhynot

I recently posted a box set for sale and had no bites until a gentleman contacted me privately about it. He ended up purchasing it and opened it to reveal this.

I've never opened one up so I'm not fully knowledgeable on the numbering system vs perhaps some kind of internal article numbering, but if so, this is quite awesome.

Wow Nice, mines 194? perhaps should have opened it there's always some loon somewhere who pay more to be No1.

Fantastic! Lucky man! in 30+ years of collecting, I've never had a no. 1 of anything!

As a general rule the very low numbers usually remain "in house" where numbered limited editions are concerned.

As an example, in my collection I have the first two "limited" releases of a reasonably well-known band, who achieved considerably more than cult status but were never "massive". The band themselves had no.s 1 - 4, the label bosses had 5 & 6 and I believe the manager and record pluggers had 7 - 9. There were 2000 of the debut single and I have no. 6 and 3000 of the second single and I own no. 8. I'm happy to have them.

image.jpg Mines 179, no '0000' numbering convention.

Full disclosure: im the guy who bought the box set from surewhynot (the guy who started this thread). Im excited just to have the set. I couldnt afford it back when it first came out and was thrilled to get it from him. The #1 thing is a very cool bonus or extra but it doesnt mean much to me, or anyone else i imagine

Full disclosure: im the guy who bought the box set from surewhynot (the guy who started this thread). Im excited just to have the set. I couldnt afford it back when it first came out and was thrilled to get it from him. The #1 thing is a very cool bonus or extra but it doesnt mean much to me, or anyone else i imagine

Are you shitting me? The #1 is freaking awesome! Enjoy it!

:) I guess you're right DPM ... I should be more excited! Anyway, thanks to all for the input so now I know that it is indeed #1.

Some 'loon' ha ha! I could be that loon!

I know, and your not the only one DPM, how you been doing by the way not seen you post for a while? Still loving those Neg HIG's?

hey Billy, I've been great. I occasionally get the HiGs out for a sneaky look! I've booked my NY tickets in June! Can't wait! Me and the missus are doing 3 weeks over there, driving from Dallas to NY for the gig! Sorry for the hijack on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom