Elder musicians with more credibility than Morrissey...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Doesn't matter how many albums he sells. Seeing him live is what people want. Why do I have to explain this ?

Because you're wrong, that's why. Concerning Morrissey, the only thing "millions of people" do is not have a clue who the Hell he is...

Morrissey has blown almost all of his credibility on a series of idiotic public statements, some really shit work* for a while now :o
the poor performance $wise of that shitty work*, Jesse Tobias :straightface: and just a sousant of poor selection in opening acts :lbf:

*=Life is a Pigsty is one of his masterpieces to me though

I don't know how you define credibility. Does relevance factor in? Artistic influence? Artistic input into their own work? I think there's a world of difference between Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. Credibility for the two of them would be defined in different ways. Unfortunately Katy Perry while having less talent and being less of an artist would have more credibility because Lady Gaga tries to do more. Lady Gaga can sing, play instruments, and writes her own material. Katy Perry can wear costumes that make whipped cream shoot out of her tits while singing through autotune. But Katy Perry will continue to be popular as long as she follows her formula. She will retain the same level of credibility. Lady Gaga has written one good song on her past two albums whereas her first had at least three legitimate hits. If she wrote one "Bad Romance" every record she would maintain her level of credibility. But anyone that can write the chorus of "Applause" has pop music credibility. What about Beyonce or Rihanna? Beyonce lacks credibility to the point that people don't even think she was pregnant. Rihanna, on the other hand has released some great songs in the past couple of years. Patti Smith even covered "Stay."

The Rolling Stones can still sell out world tours but they can't make a hit album. Did this most recent tour even support a new record? It doesn't matter. No one that goes to see their show wants to hear anything released after 1986 or so anyway. "One Hit To The Body" is the last time I remember being excited about a Rolling Stones song. Aerosmith are still able to do what Aerosmith does but I really don't know about credibility. They are supposed to be a rock band. You won't be seeing Angus Young on Pop Idol.

To me selling out stadiums is one type of credibility but making you care about their new record is what it's really about.

I find it hard to give anyone credibility who posts anonymously. I didn't bother reading it. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you're wrong, that's why. Concerning Morrissey, the only thing "millions of people" do is not have a clue who the Hell he is...
Your statement is without merit.

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey has blown almost all of his credibility on a series of idiotic public statements, some really shit work* for a while now :o
the poor performance $wise of that shitty work*, Jesse Tobias :straightface: and just a sousant of poor selection in opening acts :lbf:

*=Life is a Pigsty is one of his masterpieces to me though
Wow. Give someone a few drinks and the. Truth comes out. I know where you stand now.

I don't think the math works out for millions to have been sold.
Especially if one considers the ticket sales that were refunded during the last several years.

Your statement is without merit.

There are 7 billion people on Earth.
The average Morrissey world tour is 70 dates.
Barring festival dates, 99.9% of Morrissey shows take place in a theater, not an arena. To be very kind, I'll say he sells out every show and doesn't cancel.
On average the venues he plays have a capacity of 5,000.
Even after giving the facts Morrissey-favored handicaps, you still end up with only 350,000 people attending his shows.

So please, don't try to tell me what does and doesn't have merit.
Millions, in fact BILLIONS, have no idea who Morrissey even is.
Now, if you could try to rationally explain how he performs for an audience of millions with an explanation other than "he's Morrissey", I'll be impressed.

Do you know what you are talking about or are you just talking out of your ass?

Like I said, I don't think the math works out to qualify as "millions." Most of his venues are small (which I think is preferable)-
so I'm asking a serious question. How do the numbers add up to say "millions flock" to see him?
What do you see that I am not seeing?

Besides, I'm asking the question how you came up with "millions."
That being said, I'm not the one talking out of my ass.

Last edited:
credibility is as credibility does

Wow. Give someone a few drinks and the. Truth comes out. I know where you stand now.
its 11am here, I am not drinking :straightface: as for the truth, well, according to "last fm" over the last 7 years:
ffs_zps908256d8.jpg

I've listen to quite a lot of our Moz, notice position 1 & 3, and before mp3s, I a sure it was even more
however, not a lot of it is new stuff :eek: I am sure I am not alone in this :cool:
also, I've seen him perform 39 times over about 20 years
so yeah, those are my credentials as a fan :)
though one sad with the direction he has gone in
still, hope springs eternal :thumb:

Last edited:
There are 7 billion people on Earth.
The average Morrissey world tour is 70 dates.
Barring festival dates, 99.9% of Morrissey shows take place in a theater, not an arena. To be very kind, I'll say he sells out every show and doesn't cancel.
On average the venues he plays have a capacity of 5,000.
Even after giving the facts Morrissey-favored handicaps, you still end up with only 350,000 people attending his shows.

So please, don't try to tell me what does and doesn't have merit.
Millions, in fact BILLIONS, have no idea who Morrissey even is.
Now, if you could try to rationally explain how he performs for an audience of millions with an explanation other than "he's Morrisseiy", I'll be impressed.
Hey dumbf*** if he added more dates he would fill those too. And I wasn't referring to one tour but every tour he does. You're just not gonna rest til you have the last word.

Like I said, I don't think the math works out to qualify as "millions." Most of his venues are small (which I think is preferable)-
so I'm asking a serious question. How do the numbers add up to say "millions flock" to see him?
What do you see that I am not seeing?

Besides, I'm asking the question how you came up with "millions."
That being said, I'm not the one talking out of my ass.

Obviously my view of the Man is different than many here. That's cool. I don't really give a f***.

Hey dumbf***

Sorry, I didn't understand you. Must be that "studdering"...:lbf:

if he added more dates he would fill those too.

He would have to add an additional 130 tour dates to the 70 I already mentioned just to reach a million tickets sold. :lbf:

And I wasn't referring to one tour but every tour he does.

You do know that if you're counting every tour in an effort to validate your "millions of fans" claim, that you can't count people who have seen him more than once, right?

You're just not gonna rest til you have the last word.

Why shouldn't I have the last word? I'm right.

Sorry, I didn't understand you. Must be that "studdering"...:lbf:

He would have to add an additional 130 tour dates to the 70 I already mentioned just to reach a million tickets sold. :lbf:

You do know that if you're counting every tour in an effort to validate your "millions of fans" claim, that you can't count people who have seen him more than once, right?

Why shouldn't I have the last word? I'm right.

You're not right. You're just a whiney bitch who cries when he doesn't get his way.

I find it hard to give anyone credibility who posts anonymously. I didn't bother reading it. Sorry.

You're forgiven. I just wanted to see a glimpse into a mind where some old dude from American Idol has credibility as a rock singer, but I understand I gave you an impossible task.

Back
Top Bottom