What you all doing for Easter?

Steel is the only one that went out like a trooper. He wasn't gonna be no zombie fodder.

I own the terrible remake from 2008. Not because I like it...but because I collect things and had to have it to go with the remake of Dawn. I don't really like zombie films that much anymore as they've been done to death, come back to life, and were done to death again. There have been at least two recent ones I've seen that I enjoyed, though...one British, one French.

I'm thinking of setting up a program in the vein of Otter Watch to document my progress...

Which 2 Brit/French films were worth the watch then?

Dawn Of The Dead still is the best of the genre though. It's got a special place in my heart, I have to say though since then Romero's films have gotten steadily worse; weak 2 dimensional characters. Re-hashed ideas, dafter plot twists etc...

I want to start watching the old Hammer Horror Films soon, along with some of the old 50's black and white B-Movie horrors. Just can't find the time :(

Which 2 Brit/French films were worth the watch then?

While neither of these films are serious films & certainly aren't a patch on Romero's trilogy...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1023500/?ref_=nv_sr_1
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183276/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Who knows? Maybe the movie is shit and I'm just biased because I really like Stephen Graham and Noel Clarke a lot...

Dawn Of The Dead still is the best of the genre though. It's got a special place in my heart, I have to say though since then Romero's films have gotten steadily worse; weak 2 dimensional characters. Re-hashed ideas, dafter plot twists etc...

Romero should just stop. Land of the Dead was an embarrassment. Any film with Argento's daughter is an embarrassment, really. I haven't even bothered watching his newer Dead films, though I own them. Other than the Dead trilogy, he really hasn't done much of note. I really only like Creepshow...and Monkey Shines is well...amusing. I've always thought he was a bit overrated.

I want to start watching the old Hammer Horror Films soon, along with some of the old 50's black and white B-Movie horrors. Just can't find the time :(

I love love love love the old Hammer films. I recently turned NHNS onto them too and she likes them much better than modern horror films. I think I own about 50 Hammer films. I imported a wonderful DVD set years ago from the UK (before I switched over to blu-ray) of Hammer films. It is absolutely gorgeous.

359lm2q.jpg

Trilogy, classic! But Survival Of The Dead belongs in bin. Zombie horse? No, thank you. Although I respect him from staying away from The Walking Dead. Has anyone started reading Romero's new comic strip?

empire-of-the-dead-1.jpg

There's a part he where basically rips up part of his own Night Of The Living Dead plot in this comic and makes it look like a complete joke. Thank god Romero didn't get the chance to make this into a film. I think he may have passed it now.

While neither of these films are serious films & certainly aren't a patch on Romero's trilogy...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1023500/?ref_=nv_sr_1
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183276/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Who knows? Maybe the movie is shit and I'm just biased because I really like Stephen Graham and Noel Clarke a lot...

Romero should just stop. Land of the Dead was an embarrassment. Any film with Argento's daughter is an embarrassment, really. I haven't even bothered watching his newer Dead films, though I own them. Other than the Dead trilogy, he really hasn't done much of note. I really only like Creepshow...and Monkey Shines is well...amusing. I've always thought he was a bit overrated.

I love love love love the old Hammer films. I recently turned NHNS onto them too and she likes them much better than modern horror films. I think I own about 50 Hammer films. I imported a wonderful DVD set years ago from the UK (before I switched over to blu-ray) of Hammer films. It is absolutely gorgeous.

359lm2q.jpg

I'll have to check them out as some point :)

Also that boxset looks insulting good. I'll add it to the 'Shit That I Want But Need To Pay The Bills First" list.

I suppose it's fitting that the Easter thread devolve into talk of box sets about zombie movies. What's more zombie than a man rising from the dead?

I suppose it's fitting that the Easter thread devolve into talk of box sets about zombie movies. What's more zombie than a man rising from the dead?

A man rising from the dead to eat human flesh and brains...

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to check them out as some point :)

Also that boxset looks insulting good. I'll add it to the 'Shit That I Want But Need To Pay The Bills First" list.

It really doesn't have the best films, though. I bought it because it was the only way to finish off the Hammer Dracula & Frankenstein series...however, Quatermass and the Pit truly made the set worth it to me.

A man rising from the dead to eat human flesh and brains...

Maybe Revelation 3:20 got lost in translation?

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat [with] that person, and they with me.

Back
Top Bottom