Is Morrissey now past his best?

Why does it matter? It's only entertainment. If it's a return to form, enjoy it. If it's more hissy-fit nonsense, enjoy it. What's not to like? It's hardly important.

I tire of this again. I'll be back when there's some actual music or on-stage meltdowns to LOL! at. Till then: bye!
No, no, please stay.
You've yet to see off Mozambiguous, who claims to be your understudy!

Did you think up that retort on your own? You're so clever, but it would have been better with an emoticon. You're losing it. *rollseyes*

- - - Updated - - -

He/She/They will be processed in due course.
Trust you are well.

No I didn't, I just like to use it on assholes like you.

No I didn't, I just like to use it on assholes like you.

Are you trying to upset me? Trying to make me cry? Are you one of those mean girls? Well, I'm not scared of bullies. So.....*BLOWS RASPBERRY*

There, bet you NEVER thought I'd do that!

MORRISSEY IS NOT PAST HIS SELL-BY DATE. DO NOT THROW HIM ON THE COMPOST HEAP OF HISTORY!!!!!

Are you trying to upset me? Trying to make me cry? Are you one of those mean girls? Well, I'm not scared of bullies. So.....*BLOWS RASPBERRY*

There, bet you NEVER thought I'd do that!

MORRISSEY IS NOT PAST HIS SELL-BY DATE. DO NOT THROW HIM ON THE COMPOST HEAP OF HISTORY!!!!!

I expected that of you, yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
That "I'm not sorry" clip was wonderful. Musically if his voice is there, no, he is not past his best. Physically I am not as attracted to him, the swords cover was awful, he looked like a grandpa to me. Why did he ever allow that picture. YOR was wonderful for me vocally.

That "I'm not sorry" clip was wonderful. Musically if his voice is there, no, he is not past his best. Physically I am not as attracted to him, the swords cover was awful, he looked like a grandpa to me. Why did he ever allow that picture. YOR was wonderful for me vocally.

Are you bisexual? Sounds like it.

FBE. Really? How did you infer judgement in those two sentences?

Well, you're talking about the poster's sexual preference, not about anything he said about the TOPIC which I'll remind you is "Is Morrissey now past his best?" SO instead of discussing the TOPIC, you decided to discuss the poster's sexuality which is a cheap shot. You've indicated in many posts you do not like the poster in question so it comes as no surprise you would try to shame him in any way possible. If you were talking about the topic, I wouldn't have concluded you inferred judgement negatively, but your assessment was random and focused on one person you don't like. It's all very ironic since you've stated many times you are bisexual, but considering the poster in question is married I can deduce you think he must be an unhappily married man since he once found Morrissey to be attractive. :straightface: It's stupidity that derails discussion.

Last edited:
OK, I have to admit it.
What is FBE?
I have no idea what it means.
(I suppose it isn't nice)
Also , what about tg.dr?
Why does everybody know these things and I don't?
Why do things that happen to stupid people happen to me?

By the way, Morrissey need not be his best. I think it depends on his choices,eg, songwriters, producers, collaborators.
I fear, based on recent trends, the prognosis is not good.
But then again the book was f***ing great! Far better than we could have hoped for.
So, the conclusion must be,
What do I know?
I'm a telephone engineer.
And not a very good one at that.

Last edited:
OK, I have to admit it.
What is FBE?
I have no idea what it means.
(I suppose it isn't nice)
Also , what about tg.dr?
Why does everybody know these things and I don't?
Why do things that happen to stupid people happen to me?

Hi Peter. FBE is faith-based epistemology. Saying someone has one means you are essentially stating that: A person with a FBE claims to know things about the world based on faith. Not evidence. It is not the same as having an opinion. Opinions are relative and subjective. Knowledge claims are absolute, objective. Making a knowledge claim without evidence to support such a claim is having a FBE.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know.

Faith claims are knowledge claims.

Epistemology:

Epistemology is a branch of philosophy that focuses on how we come to knowledge, what knowledge is, and what processes of knowing the world are reliable. Conclusions one comes to as the result of an epistemological process are knowledge claims. A knowledge claim is an assertion of truth.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't.

God works in mysterious ways.

I am pretending to know that god works in mysterious ways.

My faith is true for me.

Pretending to know things I don't know is true for me.

Why should people stop having faith if it helps them get through the day?

Why should people stop pretending to know things they don’t know if it helps them get through the day?

Faith and hope are not synonyms.

One can hope for anything or place one’s trust in anyone or anything. This is not the same as claiming to know something. To hope for something admits there’s a possibility that what you want may not be realized. For example, if you hope your stock will rise tomorrow, you are not claiming to know your stock will rise; you want your stock to rise, but you recognize there’s a possibility it may not. Desire is not certainty but the wish for an outcome.​

FBE - Faith-based epistemology as opposed to a reason-based epistemology - RBE.

Last edited:
Well, you're talking about the poster's sexual preference, not about anything he said about the TOPIC which I'll remind you is "Is Morrissey now past his best?" SO instead of discussing the TOPIC, you decided to discuss the poster's sexuality which is a cheap shot. You've indicated in many posts you do not like the poster in question so it comes as no surprise you would try to shame him in any way possible. If you were talking about the topic, I wouldn't have concluded you inferred judgement negatively, but your assessment was random and focused on one person you don't like. It's all very ironic since you've stated many times you are bisexual, but considering the poster in question is married I can deduce you think he must be an unhappily married man since he once found Morrissey to be attractive. :straightface: It's stupidity that derails discussion.

LOF: Leap of faith!

Last edited:
Hi Peter. FBE is faith-based epistemology. Saying someone has one means you are essentially stating that: A person with a FBE claims to know things about the world based on faith. No evidence. It is not the same as having an opinion. Opinions are relative and subjective. Knowledge claims are absolute, objective. Making a knowledge claim without evidence to support such a claim is having a FBE.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know.

Faith claims are knowledge claims.

Epistemology:

Epistemology is a branch of philosophy that focuses on how we come to knowledge, what knowledge is, and what processes of knowing the world are reliable. Conclusions one comes to as the result of an epistemological process are knowledge claims. A knowledge claim is an assertion of truth.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't.

God works in mysterious ways.

I am pretending to know that god works in mysterious ways.

My faith is true for me.

Pretending to know things I don't know is true for me.

Why should people stop having faith if it helps them get through the day?

Why should people stop pretending to know things they don’t know if it helps them get through the day?

Faith and hope are not synonyms.

One can hope for anything or place one’s trust in anyone or anything. This is not the same as claiming to know something. To hope for something admits there’s a possibility that what you want may not be realized. For example, if you hope your stock will rise tomorrow, you are not claiming to know your stock will rise; you want your stock to rise, but you recognize there’s a possibility it may not. Desire is not certainty but the wish for an outcome.​
Jehne, very kind of you to take the time to explain.

Jehne, very kind of you to take the time to explain.

You are welcome. It really is not an insult. Just a different way of knowing. But of course I think it is much more preferable to have a RBE: reason-based epistemology. Facts are facts. They are not subjective or relative. How do we know something is true or not? Do we use reason? Or faith?

You are welcome. It really is not an insult. Just a different way of knowing. But of course I think it is much more preferable to have a RBE: reason-based epistemology. Facts are facts. They are not subjective or relative. How do we know something is true or not? Do we use reason? Or faith?

It's amusing watching you redefine the world to suit your own FBE that you're anything other than a skinny desert-dwelling divorcée desperate for attention.

It's amusing watching you redefine the world to suit your own FBE that you're anything other than a skinny desert-dwelling divorcée desperate for attention.

I am chatting with five separate guys right now--all have college degrees and are attractive. And live less than an hour away. Not desperate at all.

I am chatting with five separate guys right now--all have college degrees and are attractive. And live less than an hour away. Not desperate at all.

Thanks for dropping that fun fact on a thread discussing MORRISSEY. Do you want to talk anymore about yourself?

Back
Top Bottom