Remove the option to post as anonymous

Re: Suggestion.

That would be like the Axis Powers saying "hey buddy, truce?" after the Battle of the Bulge...

No. Wrong. It would be like one person willing to do their best to end the petty, obnoxious feuding and hoping that others were also to willing do do likewise.

No. Wrong. It would be like one person willing to do their best to end the petty, obnoxious feuding and hoping that others were also to willing do do likewise.

Several days ago you replied to an anecdote of CrystalGeezer's by saying you thought the story was very true and very funny.

The next day, your reply was gone. In the meantime she'd made her first reply in this thread, agreeing with a post of mine that was critical of you.

So you deleted your simple remark that you'd enjoyed her story.

That was just about the most petty thing I'd ever seen. And it encapsulated you perfectly.

Give me a break. You're not doing your best to end the feuding...you're doing your best to try to preserve any illusion left that you're "intelligent, classy, honest, fair" and actually worthy of anything other than the hostility you've been on the receiving end of.

You don't regret anything that you've said or done. You don't feel any differently about any of it. After all you've done, after everything said to you, after everyone trying to rationalize with you only for you to throw it back in their face...and now you're trying to convince people that an anonymous post (after months of bitching about anonymous posters) has changed your entire outlook on something you've been doing for half a year at least? You're putting on a show. Period.

The only thing you regret is that pretty much everyone sees you for what you are in spite of you doing your best to hide it...

Last edited by a moderator:

But to do that you'd have to alter your entire mindset of kissing ass to form a gang of people with the dominate alpha male to suppress and mock some other poster whose ideals do not align with your own. THink of your target as being in the position you're in now. Your proposal to Viva is to build an alliance that extends beyond the high-fives of someone pretending to be a dumb homophobic mexican. Are you ready to make that change in the spirit of being real and not shuffling for position and running a constant campaign for allegiance?

- - - Updated - - -

Give me a break. You're not doing your best to end the feuding...you're doing your best to try to preserve any illusion left that you're "intelligent, classy, honest, fair" and actually worthy of anything other than the hostility you've been on the receiving end of.

You don't regret anything that you've said or done. You don't feel any differently about any of it. After all you've done, after everything said to you, after everyone trying to rationalize with you only for you to throw it back in their face...and now you're trying to convince people that an anonymous post (after months of bitching about anonymous posters) has changed your entire outlook on something you've been doing for half a year at least? You're putting on a show. Period.

The only thing you regret is that pretty much everyone sees you for what you are in spite of you doing your best to hide it...

A thousand times this.

Last edited by a moderator:

The only one being petty and obnoxious is you. I'm fairly sure that while not everybody here likes everybody else here, the only person just about everybody hates is you.

The only one being petty and obnoxious is you. I'm fairly sure that while not everybody here likes everybody else here, the only person just about everybody hates is you.

tumblr_m3hdrutoRK1r42mcg.gif

We come from different Genernetations.
In the spooky early days:
NEVER USE YOUR REAL NAME
NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR ACTUAL DETAILS
ESPECIALLY HOME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER

In the spooky present days,
GIVE THEM EVERYTHING
RIGHT DOWN TO YOUR DNA CODING AND FINGERPRINT
And Google was indexing your hard drive the entire time.
If you dig deep enough, you'll find people's entire hd's right out in public.
All to be used for your future evaluation.
What kills me is everyone did it so willingly, just to be vain.

Anyone who is sincere on a forum should be willing to post under a readily identifiable name to which they are answerable. I've not even been here long and already I've seen multiple arguments between users called Anonymous.

"If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it." - Earl Wilson

That sums up my outlook on the internet and real life. Put your name to it or don't bother. It needn't be their real name or imply their actual identity.

Does anyone else think this might at least do away with the "you're the same person / answering your own posts" routine?

Last edited:
I have been here since the site's first days. I used to have an account, but it dissappeared at some point (when David converted the site? From infrequent use? I don't know.). Ever since, I have always posted anonymously, but never as a troll or for any other ill use. For those that wish to build an identity here, having an account makes sense. For those that really don't care about that aspect and just wish to use the site as one unknown Moz fan speaking to others, the anonymous feature is quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom