Remove the option to post as anonymous

Re:

Glad that was solved.

Re:

For a second, don't you think it's a bit selfish to ask to change an entire system that's been built up over many years because you have a problem with one person? The posts that are getting through are not violations as far as I am concerned. If these posts are that dangerous, go to the authorities and I'll be glad to help them out. Otherwise, as suggested previously by myself and others, ignore them.

No. Don't change anything. I am not seriously requesting you to change the system. My apologies. I am bitching and ranting against trolling in general. Not against you or your website. If I can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, right?! It is a privilege to post here. Not a right. I will trying the ignoring route, again.

Re:

You are right. Ignore all anonymous troll posts from Dave. Ignore all anonymous troll posts from Dave. Ignore all anonymous troll posts from Dave.

I will try my best. He has no real power, of course not. Just an irritant like a fly buzzing in my ear when I am trying to enjoy my time posting here.

You vowed to stop replying to anonymous "troll" posts months ago.

You couldn't do it.

You vowed to stop attacking people for being overweight months ago.

You couldn't do it.

You're the same person now you were then, so...

This is like watching someone drown in a baby pool.

I like it.

Re:

No. Don't change anything. I am not seriously requesting you to change the system. My apologies. I am bitching and ranting against trolling in general. Not against you or your website. If I can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, right?! It is a privilege to post here. Not a right. I will trying the ignoring route, again.

If it's any comfort to you, during the Olympic games i was routinely 'trolled' on this site by a disturbed entity who insisted I was a racist Celtic fan. He provided an audit trail of 'evidence' to back this up and many credulous fools took this no-shit Sherlock at face value. Which was fascinating to observe as an example of mob-group think crescendo. But I honestly didn't give a toss and just LOL'd whilst watching the pole-vault. If the real-life person behind this 'trolling' made the same allegations under their citizen identity in a credible forum (say at a local business networking centre) then I would,of course, muse upon the efficacy of issuing a writ for damages. The only problem would be in convincing a judge that such a baldy barmpot had any credence or power to damage my real-world status from the sanctity of their ice-cream van. Naturally, I chose to be amused by this entity which has now "vanished" to the great grave of cyber-space, hopefully to a place with free therapy on offer.

You can be absolutely sure, after Snowdon & Greenwald, that you are almost always safe online. The chances of encountering a genuine psycho are ridiculously small. Any credible threat to your personal safety can be traced within hours via your local Sheriff/NSA/GCHQ and would not be reliant upon this site's co-operation. Nobody here is 'anonymous'.

I have to say, this all reminds me of my little boy having nightmares about the 'bogey man' and finally realising that all he had to do to dispel the nightmare was to switch on the bedside lamp. There are no 'trolls' here who can damage you unless you give them power. If people give you feedback which you find disturbing or upsetting you have the choice to either consider it rationally or ignore it. Like everybody else. I've had useful feedback here when I've been a bit of a bastard, just as in real life. But i would never lose sleep over it! Let's all look forward to WPINOYB, which I'm sure will be an entirely troll-free zone of scintillating intellectual exploration without any paranoid ideation to explain reality. Ahem!

Re:

You vowed to stop replying to anonymous "troll" posts months ago.

You couldn't do it.

You vowed to stop attacking people for being overweight months ago.

You couldn't do it.

You're the same person now you were then, so...

This is like watching someone drown in a baby pool.

I like it.

Dave! Get back in your troll-cave!

Re:

If it's any comfort to you, during the Olympic games i was routinely 'trolled' on this site by a disturbed entity who insisted I was a racist Celtic fan. He provided an audit trail of 'evidence' to back this up and many credulous fools took this no-shit Sherlock at face value. Which was fascinating to observe as an example of mob-group think crescendo. But I honestly didn't give a toss and just LOL'd whilst watching the pole-vault. If the real-life person behind this 'trolling' made the same allegations under their citizen identity in a credible forum (say at a local business networking centre) then I would,of course, muse upon the efficacy of issuing a writ for damages. The only problem would be in convincing a judge that such a baldy barmpot had any credence or power to damage my real-world status from the sanctity of their ice-cream van. Naturally, I chose to be amused by this entity which has now "vanished" to the great grave of cyber-space, hopefully to a place with free therapy on offer.

I remember that. It was right after I started posting here again. The evidence linking you to that person was ONLY your user name, and nothing else. Yes, mob group-think is frightening. Especially in real life. People get killed.

You can be absolutely sure, after Snowdon & Greenwald, that you are almost always safe online. The chances of encountering a genuine psycho are ridiculously small. Any credible threat to your personal safety can be traced within hours via your local Sheriff/NSA/GCHQ and would not be reliant upon this site's co-operation. Nobody here is 'anonymous'.

This is reassuring to know. Thanks.

I have to say, this all reminds me of my little boy having nightmares about the 'bogey man' and finally realising that all he had to do to dispel the nightmare was to switch on the bedside lamp. There are no 'trolls' here who can damage you unless you give them power. If people give you feedback which you find disturbing or upsetting you have the choice to either consider it rationally or ignore it. Like everybody else. I've had useful feedback here when I've been a bit of a bastard, just as in real life. But i would never lose sleep over it! Let's all look forward to WPINOYB, which I'm sure will be an entirely troll-free zone of scintillating intellectual exploration without any paranoid ideation to explain reality. Ahem!

Thanks for sharing this with me. It helps. And makes me see it in a different light--lamp on. :) YOU are the smartest person on this website. You don't need me to tell you that though. Those who can't see this are too dumb to see it. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Dave! Get back in your troll-cave!

:lbf:

Re:

Thanks for sharing this with me. It helps. And makes me see it in a different light--lamp on. :) YOU are the smartest person on this website. You don't need me to tell you that though. Those who can't see this are too dumb to see it. Period.

What about those who are too dumb to see when they're being made fun of??? Are they--on their period?

P.S. Nice job throwing TBT under the bus! (Total silence from you on the "Sean the Brummie" matter at the time, of course.) Croce last week (in the journal!), poor ol' Bukowski Travesty this week.

P.P.S. You're back in your well-worn "damsel in distress" mode, though, when any male poster (with nothing better to do) will do. I understand. "Plenty of fish," no need to be choosey. :)

--Sharon's intern, Laketia

Re:

For a second, don't you think it's a bit selfish to ask to change an entire system that's been built up over many years because you have a problem with one person? The posts that are getting through are not violations as far as I am concerned. If these posts are that dangerous, go to the authorities and I'll be glad to help them out. Otherwise, as suggested previously by myself and others, ignore them.

I'd like to respectfully, and with full appreciation for how silly this is, repeat my request that you tell her it's more than one person. Part of the reason she is worked up about it is because she believes this person is obsessed with her and you are well aware of her history. She has been harassed in real life, (and apparently has forgotten that Dave stood up for her at that time.) But that doesn't mean she can pick a random name every week to insert into her drama. I think it's funny you encourage her to go to the police. They would tell her to quit posting here.

Anyway, I think maybe you don't understand my request? I'm guessing that you think some person may be posting as anonymous using their own IP, and then using a proxy to post as anonymous. If so you couldn't really tell who was who on each post.
BUT I believe that the odds are good that no one bothers to use a proxy to post anonymously. You could certainly find a history of my posts by IP. They are all going to be from the same part of the US. I believe there are at least two other people that would have a history of posting anonymously, and probably with a consistent IP, and from somewhere else in this country or elsewhere in the world. This would prove it wasn't one person. The idea that it's all one person is what this is about as far as I can tell.

I know that when you use a proxy the IP you appear to be posting from is rather random, and changes rapidly, usually daily. Unless someone paid for a dedicated proxy service, a proxy post would come from a random IP. Therefore if you have two established IP's with a history of posting anonymously and they are in different parts of the country or world, they are not the same person. Once it's established that more than one person can come to the same conclusions about her behavior, maybe we could all move on.

I think, for what it's worth, you should not wait until she has to go to the authorities. They will just tell her to quit posting here. Instead take a look at the IP's on the posts she is addressing as "Dave" and if they really are from Dave turn over the info to her. Hint: They aren't. It's just like when she accused CG and Skylarker before that and Viva before that.

Obviously, and as I've said in the past: the latter. But that's insofar as I can be said to be addressing you at all. As I've also said before, I'm addressing everyone else who suffers through your awful behavior here. Every overweight person, every person from a trying background, every person who cringes to see someone engage in the most adolescent posturing at an age when post people are secure in their identities; every person pained by seeing an astonishingly illogical, hypocritical, subliterate monster lecture others on logic, morality, and language usage daily--some days hourly.

To make you see the light? One more time: I am not going to be your tutor. No one here should fall into that trap. Because you can't pay us, in any way. You bring nothing to the table, in any transaction. You're a parasite. You want to use others as stepping stones, and as sources of "affirmation" of your delusional self-image.

As for your remarks on social misfits, etc, these simply illustrate your usual, high school, queen bee mentality, now recognized by almost everyone here. You're pretty much copying and pasting lately. Fine. If it makes you feel productive.

As for your remarks on who can and can't write well, these might mean something if they came from someone who understands the difference between "you're" and "your," and who doesn't think that using a colon (rather than a "full stop," Dame Realitybites) is the equivalent of wearing a monocle. You aren't a reader, you aren't a writer, and anyone who's even a little bit of the former can tell. I would tell you to knock it off, but anyone can also see by now that you have no capacity to observe yourself, to recognize the truth in any criticisms, to alter your behavior--ever.

I have no idea why someone as apparently reasonable as Iona is civil with you. I suppose she's lonely, or enjoys your compliments, or both. You have no "in" with anyone unless they're vulnerable in these ways. I would hope that anyone can recognize your process eventually.

Condescension is not a shortcut to intelligence. And if you'd ever had any shot at being intelligent--and this, by the way, is what everyone is thinking about you lately--you'd have something to show for it by now. Show, vs tell: that's how real qualities, rather than imagined ones, are communicated.

You're on this site to enact a fantasy of who you wish you were. People who are being themselves experience this as the equivalent of making small talk with someone in a Halloween costume.

Enough tutoring for now--ack! I fell for it. Have a great weekend on www.morrissey-solo.com.

Post of the week. And of course instead of approaching it introspectively and in the spirit of constructive criticism which every great mind should consider despite the source, IT WAS DAVE!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW IT BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE SUGGESTED IT WAS (as a joke.) !!!!!!!!!! CHANGE THE SYSTEM I'M BEING HARASSED BECAUSE SOMEONE THINKS I'M STUPID EVEN THOUGH I HARASS OTHERS ALL THE f***ING TIME!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Re:

Although I don't think most anonymous users would do this, a sophisticated hacker can certainly post from IPs from anywhere to disguise their location or make others believe they aren't the same user. Knowing this is a possibility, I can't confirm or deny a user is or isn't another user, so it's a bit pointless. I can suggest something is likely spending some time researching / looking up ips, again without 100% certainty but I don't want to spend my time doing this.

It's best not to engage anonymous users in conversation if you want to go beyond what is written in the individual post, if they want to converse they should create an account.

I'd like to respectfully, and with full appreciation for how silly this is, repeat my request that you tell her it's more than one person.

Last edited:
Re:

I remember that. It was right after I started posting here again. The evidence linking you to that person was ONLY your user name, and nothing else. Yes, mob group-think is frightening. Especially in real life. People get killed.

This is reassuring to know. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

:lbf:

You're welcome. I hope things improve for you, but that's up to you, nobody else. If anyone intrudes into your real life with a genuine campaign of harassment or threats, give them enough rope until they trip up and reveal enough to get themselves arrested. There's no lynch-mob here that can hoist you or anyone else, any attempt to do so makes the troll(s) look crazee, unless you take it seriously in which case it raises questions about your mental stability. It's the internet! However, if you're going to link your real life identity to an online intellectual asylum like this, you need to be very clear what you are doing and why. Discussing your involvement with named dating sites here is just inviting mischief-makers.

Some people are now flooding the 'internet' with spurious and ridiculous information to retain their privacy, mashing up various real/fake/hybrid personas so that they cannot be reliably parsed from online data. Partly for the lulz, but also as a sophisticated protest against the surveillance state orchestrated through Social Media trojan horses on behalf of the Corporatocracy. But that's a high-wire act and it's not what you're doing, is it?

You appear to be making an appeal to traditional 'real-world' notions of 'authenticity' and standards of decorum and etiquette which simply don't exist anywhere online where pseudonyms and avatars are allowed. What amazes me is that you take any of your accusers or their insults and 'evidence' even remotely seriously. As the Pistorious trial shows, even 'forensic' evidence is open to wide interpretation, so what status does anything said by a troll online have? Pretty much zilch.

We now know that the Koch oligarchy pays for trolls to comment on US forums just like the Chinese Communist Party does, so who will ever take any 'anonymous' comment seriously again? The Internet is trashed. This site is very interesting in that most people here STILL think they are 'anonymous' and protected by American Free Speech constitutional guarantees. Except that doesn't exist under Obama and at any stage law enforcement or a private corporation (including private detectives) can link the IP address/ISP/comment history here with an employment/psychiatric/police record. When friends of mine who work at Qinetic/GCHQ explained all this to me years ago I thought they were taking the piss, until they proved it to me. But it's all out in the open now. That's why this site is such a fascinating example of mass delusion under Internet 2.0/3.0 and I hope it goes into a time capsule for future generations to study the gullible public trust of the pre-Snowden Interweb era.

The depressing aspect of this situation is that 'online anonymity and freedom of expression' doesn't exist and hasn't done for years, thanks to the NSA/GCHQ war machine/panopticon. The positive aspect is that the authorities now have no leeway to pretend that online harassers and stalkers can't be quickly traced and face criminal charges. It now happens routinely in England:

"Twitter threats: Man arrested over rape-threat tweets against campaigner Caroline Criado-Perez"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-campaigner-caroline-criadoperez-8735594.html

Anyone in the US who has harassed you in the past needs to realise they might end up in pink boxers working on Sheriff Joe Arpaio's farm if they repeat/escalate. You live in AZ ffs!

http://www.fh.az.gov/sheriff-joe-arpaio.aspx

The site proprietor would destroy his off-line reputation if he gave in to any demands by you to provide 'evidence' about the identity behind individual 'anonymous' comments. However, if you ever genuinely feel it's a serious threat to your safely and not just silly ego-bashing, go to your local law enforcement office and demand that they use the NSA/GCHQ to trace and apprehend the person. If they feel you are in danger, they'll certainly contact the site owner. But remember they are also likely to query why you take personal criticism so seriously whilst willingly taking part in an online forum, unless there's a real criminal threat being made. I've never seen any such threat. Bullies can only operate if you give them the power to do so. Once you retract that power, they vanish. Or they return to make fools of themselves going round and around in circles looking ever more desperate and ridiculous. Don't join them. This site is for fun. It's not important so don't take it seriously. I enjoy monitoring the soap-opera dramas here and join in now and again. But do you really believe anyone credible would take anything written on this site seriously outside the asylum walls? Srsly.

Good luck with your new outlook.

Last edited:
You can't work the refs when you're responsible for 90% of the fouls.

However, if you ever genuinely feel it's a serious threat to your safely and not just silly ego-bashing, go to your local law enforcement office and demand that they use the NSA/GCHQ to trace and apprehend the person. If they feel you are in danger, they'll certainly contact the site owner. But remember they are also likely to query why you take personal criticism so seriously whilst willingly taking part in an online forum, unless there's a real criminal threat being made. I've never seen any such threat.

Any impartial third party would also realize, reading this thread, that she is the only harasser present in the scenario! (Have her grandiose compliments of your "priceless" and "perfect" outpourings bought your silence on this elephantine hypocrisy? I recall how you immediately turned off the "Stockholm syndrome" talk last year, following her initial hosannas for your loggorhea--or was than an ironic sell-out?)

But absolutely, let's call in the coppers. A certain Manic Pixie Dream Intellectual would be in for some very awkward questioning. There's no need to talk about this all in theory. Examine Arizona state law on the matter.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/02921.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/02916.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

"13-2916. Use of an electronic communication to terrify, intimidate, threaten or harass; applicability; classification; definition
A. It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten or harass a specific person or persons, to do any of the following:
1. Direct any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act to the person in an electronic communication."

Examples:

realitybites said:
You want a cock in your mouth but have to settle for a Twinkie instead. Ever consider a male escort? No shame in that. Just use protection. There must be plenty of rent boys out there in LA.

realitybites said:
Where were your mom and dad when you were 14 getting raped by a 45 year old man? My dad would have killed Evan. So would have my mom. Your parents failed you. No wonder you are one f***ed up individual.

realitybites said:
I want to see your cellulite pocketed ass, actually.

realitybites said:
You are like a horny dog that humps pillows. You are vile.

realitybites said:
You are a fat, ugly, pathetic excuse for a human being.

"The written word is where I shine," she's written. Class 1 Misdemeanor. Penalty: Up to 6 months in jail and up to a $2,500 fine.

As the person whom she claims is "harassing" her, I volunteer to participate faithfully in any conversation with her state's trusted public servants, should she--or someone else?--initiate it.

This is one bluff I am dying to call.

Although I don't think most anonymous users would do this, a sophisticated hacker can certainly post from IPs from anywhere to disguise their location or make others believe they aren't the same user. Knowing this is a possibility, I can't confirm or deny a user is or isn't another user, so it's a bit pointless.

It obviously also goes against the entire philosophy in favor of anonymous posting. "Duh," in thunder. If someone became hysterical at a masked ball, bolting around and pulling at false noses, she wouldn't be sat down and humored with thousands of words of explanation on the matter. She'd be thrown out. If she complained someone had harassed her, she'd have to say what had happened--not just "I was abused" again, and again, and again, hoping to Hitchens that yet another alpha troll will come swooping in to save her. And finally, if irrefutable evidence were produced that she were in fact guilty of endless instances of unambiguous harassment herself, as has happened here? Again: she'd be tossed out on her petite rear.

The anonymous posts that she's objecting to have all been approved by moderators. Her issue is with those instances of approval. Obviously, her refusal to broach that issue, or to question site policy more directly, is part of the social strategy that so much of the claimed "harassment" has criticized.

Re: You can't work the refs when you're responsible for 90% of the fouls.

Any impartial third party would also realize, reading this thread, that she is the only harasser present in the scenario! (Have her grandiose compliments of your "priceless" and "perfect" outpourings bought your silence on this elephantine hypocrisy? I recall how you immediately turned off the "Stockholm syndrome" talk last year, following her initial hosannas for your loggorhea--or was than an ironic sell-out?)

But absolutely, let's call in the coppers. A certain Manic Pixie Dream Intellectual would be in for some very awkward questioning. There's no need to talk about this all in theory. Examine Arizona state law on the matter.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/02921.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/02916.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

"13-2916. Use of an electronic communication to terrify, intimidate, threaten or harass; applicability; classification; definition
A. It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten or harass a specific person or persons, to do any of the following:
1. Direct any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act to the person in an electronic communication."

Examples:

"The written word is where I shine," she's written. Class 1 Misdemeanor. Penalty: Up to 6 months in jail and up to a $2,500 fine.

As the person whom she claims is "harassing" her, I volunteer to participate faithfully in any conversation with her state's trusted public servants, should she--or someone else?--initiate it.

This is one bluff I am dying to call.

It obviously also goes against the entire philosophy in favor of anonymous posting. "Duh," in thunder. If someone became hysterical at a masked ball, bolting around and pulling at false noses, she wouldn't be sat down and humored with thousands of words of explanation on the matter. She'd be thrown out. If she complained someone had harassed her, she'd have to say what had happened--not just "I was abused" again, and again, and again, hoping to Hitchens that yet another alpha troll will come swooping in to save her. And finally, if irrefutable evidence were produced that she were in fact guilty of endless instances of unambiguous harassment herself, as has happened here? Again: she'd be tossed out on her petite rear.

The anonymous posts that she's objecting to have all been approved by moderators. Her issue is with those instances of approval. Obviously, her refusal to broach that issue, or to question site policy more directly, is part of the social strategy that so much of the claimed "harassment" has criticized.

If this doesn't settle the matter I'm calling the police on her behalf.

Re:

You're welcome. I hope things improve for you, but that's up to you, nobody else. If anyone intrudes into your real life with a genuine campaign of harassment or threats, give them enough rope until they trip up and reveal enough to get themselves arrested. There's no lynch-mob here that can hoist you or anyone else, any attempt to do so makes the troll(s) look crazee, unless you take it seriously in which case it raises questions about your mental stability. It's the internet! However, if you're going to link your real life identity to an online intellectual asylum like this, you need to be very clear what you are doing and why. Discussing your involvement with named dating sites here is just inviting mischief-makers.

This is a fair question. One which I do actually have an answer for. It is to connect with others. And have witnesses to my life--thoughts and feelings (not actions, obviously.) It's a living dynamic ongoing diary. Recorded. Saved. Archived. And accessible to all--even the government. My blog and posts are my legacy--as sad as that sounds. Most don't have their own words documented. Even great writers--unless they write autobiographies--leave the storytelling of their lives, histories, to others. How many of us keep journals? How many have public journals? I have witnesses to my life. Some have husbands and wives that fill this purpose. Living alone, this is impossible. So I have you guys. That is why I continue to post and write in my blog. To express and record. Some people believe in sending positive energy into the world. I believe in sending thoughts and ideas. Hopefully my words resonate with someone. If so then it was worth it. We are not islands of one. We do need to connect with others. Living in this small desert town does not give me many opportunities to meet highly intelligent and original thinkers. The Net affords me these things. Of course, when one connects deeply with others, s/he runs the risk of developing a crush on someone. This is problematic when they live halfway around the world. That is why I started the whole online dating thing. The connecting element is there. Friends first, is a must. But also there is possibility for more. For a real life connection as well. Because they live close by. I don't need a partner. But I certainly don't want to lose the opportunity to meet some mind-blowingly fantastic person because I closed that door. Am I inviting mischief talking about it? Perhaps. It is a risk. But I talk about my life. Document most of it. I process things out loud, online, publicly. If I left out this chapter the story would be incomplete and inaccurate. Long story short, this is why I write and post what I write online and why I connect my real life to my online life.

Some people are now flooding the 'internet' with spurious and ridiculous information to retain their privacy, mashing up various real/fake/hybrid personas so that they cannot be reliably parsed from online data. Partly for the lulz, but also as a sophisticated protest against the surveillance state orchestrated through Social Media trojan horses on behalf of the Corporatocracy. But that's a high-wire act and it's not what you're doing, is it?

Personally, I am not paranoid about the government/corporate snooping. I know I have never written anything they'd be interested in. If they want to market Cheetos to me because they read I like them on some message board more power to them. I don't have to buy anything. I don't feel powerless as a consumer or citizen. I simply don't care about that stuff. I do care about real people, however, and their power to harm me personally. Whether real or imaginary threats. Because that is how I see my life. On a macro level. Day to day connections, interactions, events are what matter to me. Not some elusive future that may not exist. Global warming? Will I be around to witness its disastrous effects? No. Will I be alive when the world is struggling to find energy sources, food to feed an expanded population? No. Some say don't sweat the small stuff. I say don't sweat the big stuff. I guess some enjoy thinking globally, on a macro level. We need people like that. I am just not one of them. I keep my world small. It's the little things that matter to me. That is why stupid character assassinations matter. Because my life is being documented and every little counts...

You appear to be making an appeal to traditional 'real-world' notions of 'authenticity' and standards of decorum and etiquette which simply don't exist anywhere online where pseudonyms and avatars are allowed. What amazes me is that you take any of your accusers or their insults and 'evidence' even remotely seriously. As the Pistorious trial shows, even 'forensic' evidence is open to wide interpretation, so what status does anything said by a troll online have? Pretty much zilch.

Somewhat. But not really. I have never once called someone fat IRL--ever. Or made someone feel whacked for believing differently. I may think both these things but I keep them to myself. Not online. I express them. Unleash them. Honestly, it is liberating. I am sure everyone here feels the exact same way.

That sheriff is crazy. No, one does not want to end up in prison in AZ. I don't think he would be willing to cater to a vegan diet even on religious grounds. You would be screwed.

The site proprietor would destroy his off-line reputation if he gave in to any demands by you to provide 'evidence' about the identity behind individual 'anonymous' comments. However, if you ever genuinely feel it's a serious threat to your safely and not just silly ego-bashing, go to your local law enforcement office and demand that they use the NSA/GCHQ to trace and apprehend the person. If they feel you are in danger, they'll certainly contact the site owner. But remember they are also likely to query why you take personal criticism so seriously whilst willingly taking part in an online forum, unless there's a real criminal threat being made. I've never seen any such threat. Bullies can only operate if you give them the power to do so. Once you retract that power, they vanish. Or they return to make fools of themselves going round and around in circles looking ever more desperate and ridiculous. Don't join them. This site is for fun. It's not important so don't take it seriously. I enjoy monitoring the soap-opera dramas here and join in now and again. But do you really believe anyone credible would take anything written on this site seriously outside the asylum walls? Srsly.

I have made no demands of David. I have received abusive emails. If I were to take any legal action it would start there. They were far more invasive and threatening than anything posted here. Like I said, the trolls are like flies buzzing in my ear when I am trying to have fun, or focus. Annoyances. But not real threats. If it ever became more than that, like phone calls, threats to family members, showing up at my door, then yes, I would take legal action.

Good luck with your new outlook.

Thank you for your words of wisdom. Appreciate your careful reply.

Here is something to think about. Trolls can say what they want because of freedom of speech. Yet, through trolling they silence others, hindering and thwarting speech. They want to have the privilege to express their points. But they don't want YOU to. They use bullying tactics to get you to shut up. They want to tell someone (me) she is pretentious for stating/thinking that belief in a god amounts to having a faith based epistemology (which it does). What they are saying is that THEY have the right to label me based on my views but they don't want to be labeled. The hypocrisy is lost on them. There is group think going on here, big time. Just check out the mob mentality on threads where six people gang up on me, calling me a wrinkly old C&^% for disliking obesity or religion and defending my upbringing (because pics were posted by one of them suggesting I was low class). Unfreaking real. If they can write about praying, and ghosts, and signs, and guns. I should be able to write rants against religion, and obesity, and ignorance. Fair is fair. If one is unsure of the mob-like, Nancy Grace mentality here, look no further than the Steve Croce thread. Scary stuff.

I know that I am in the minority. I will never think like the mainstream people on here or anywhere. So, being criticized, harassed, even bullied, is the price I pay for being different and outspoken. And that is the way it is. It is just more visible here due to relaxed moderation. Accept this or leave, right? I don't know how long I will continue to post here. Or even how long this site will be up. But while I AM here I will continue to express my opinions freely and will not be bullied into silence. I will continue to ask questions like, 'Is Morrissey a Misogynist?' And make statements like, 'Shaming the obese can be helpful.' I am here. I am opinionated. Deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re:

Well there has been some rational discussion here and points made with quoted examples. I take seriously if someone is harassed under the meaning of the law. Someone cited a law and it's interested the quotes that were associated with that.

If a law has been broken, don't debate it or seek justice here, go to the authorities. If no law has been broken, we know that not being a slave is the best remedy. This is just amazing, I kind off feel sorry for some who just can't not respond. It's over if you don't acknowledge.

I think when I hear both sides, I don't know who is right or wrong. I have not seen harassment here. I have seen people continue conversations with people who are trolling. When I watch this I am more sorry for the people who continue the conversation with the troll than the troll

some blunt remarks on the established theme

I know that I am in the minority. I will never think like the mainstream people on here or anywhere. So, being criticized, harassed, even bullied, is the price I pay for being different and outspoken. And that is the way it is. It is just more visible here due to relaxed moderation. Accept this or leave, right? I don't know how long I will continue to post here. Or even how long this site will be up. But while I AM here I will continue to express my opinions freely and will not be bullied into silence. I will continue to ask questions like, 'Is Morrissey a Misogynist?' And make statements like, 'Shaming the obese can be helpful.' I am here. I am opinionated. Deal with it.

You keep playing this record. Again, and again, and again.

(And that automatic, inhuman aspect to your presence is one issue many have with it.)

But it isn't relevant.

No one cares (very much) that you're an atheist. They care (very much) that you're an asshole.

Shaming the obese can be helpful. Oh, wow.

But you whine when your anorexia is brought up, or refuse to acknowledge its root relevance to your weird obsession with obesity. You are lying when you imply that your insults have some high-minded impetus. They are motivated by your illness, and probably also by your isolation.

Ever heard the expression, "Physician, heal thyself"?

I'm a skinny atheist who acknowledges that Morrissey is ambivalent toward womankind for their failing to play some decisive role in his life. You've never said anything on these issues that wasn't disastrously tired, wrongheaded, or simply plagiarized.

You are cruel. You are here to attempt to dominate people. You exhibit endless dishonesty, hypocrisy, and selfishness in the course of doing so.

You are simply a very, conventionally detestable personality. You are the most extreme example of your awful type that most of us have ever come across.

You cry out to be swatted. So we swat you.

That's it. It's as if someone wrote "2 and 2 is 5" on a web page. Someone's going to post, "No, it's not." Virtually nothing that you ever say is true. Which is amazing, really.

And you like this contact, because the alternative is a degree of solitude that terrifies you.

You're never going to get any of the things that you want. Not by going about it as you're doing. You're not going to be able to change yourself, because you won't acknowledge what you are now.

People dislike you because you're a f***ing monster.

Re:

Although I don't think most anonymous users would do this, a sophisticated hacker can certainly post from IPs from anywhere to disguise their location or make others believe they aren't the same user. Knowing this is a possibility, I can't confirm or deny a user is or isn't another user, so it's a bit pointless. I can suggest something is likely spending some time researching / looking up ips, again without 100% certainty but I don't want to spend my time doing this.

It's best not to engage anonymous users in conversation if you want to go beyond what is written in the individual post, if they want to converse they should create an account.

Also, I'd add that it's not up to the admin to quell the paranoia of a user. I don't think the site was established or maintained because davidt desires employment as a babysitter.

Re: You can't work the refs when you're responsible for 90% of the fouls.

Every single example that anonymous is posting of me appearing to harass another user was almost always, if not always, in retaliation of CG's baiting and systematic abusing, insulting, and harassing of me all over the forums for the last year and a half. If I were psychotic and obsessed like anonymous I could/would gather up all the abusive posts by her. And round up all the posts where Mozza called someone a ^c***. Where Viva and NHNS called CG fat. Etc., etc., etc. He has taken all those posts out of context. Post the entire exchanges and you get a much different picture. Everyone knows this. He isn't fooling anyone but himself.

He is a self-righteous tosser with a god complex.

Anybody reading this, please ask yourself, is that person obsessed? Giving you the creeps? What really is going on here? Why is he hellbent on destroying my reputation? And trying to silence me? Why am I so threatening to him? Could it be that he is overweight, religious, vegan, socialist, beta, short, low class? Something I said, and the way I believe, REALLY, REALLY gets under his skin. Those who anger you conquer you. He has given me power over his emotions. I don't even know who he is or even care. He means nothing. But his world seems to revolve around me. This is a shame. He is wasting his time. I am staying and I am not going to shut up. He appears mentally unhinged. But I think he thinks he looks clever. Clever like those idiots toting their guns on that ranch in Nevada. Fighting for some 'cause' no one cares about but himself.

13939171974_080ba03d21_z.jpg

:crazy: :lbf:

Last edited:
Re:

How much time have you spent writing these replies? You're using the words "sophisticated hacker" like that explains everything. What would they have to hack? Your server? My explanation of a paid proxy service is the more reasonable explanation. You don't have to be a sophisticated hacker to use a proxy. Most proxy services have recognized IP's by the way. I would do the work for you if it was possible and didn't violate anyone's privacy.

But what would the point be to establish two personas, posting from two locations, both posting as anonymous? Is this some kind of long con? To what purpose? Ask Kewpie who I am. She knows. She knows I'm not those other people, too. I don't know who they are but I'm confident they are not me. :D

She should point out a few posts that she thinks are by the same person. Ask Kewpie if they are or not. You've heard of Occam's Razor? What would be the point of establishing two anonymous histories? It would be much easier to write in different styles. You are really saying that someone may have started months ago to establish two or more posting histories from two or more consistent IP's with the purpose of making you believe there is more than one person posting as anonymous?

People in different parts of the world could actually work together to post each other's messages, which would require neither a proxy nor sophisticated hacking, but why? Why? The posts are allowed. Who cares if you think they are the same person or not? It's only come up recently with her accusations, and it's based on her disbelief that more than one person can recognize her pattern of behavior. Don't feed her delusions. It's cruel.

Back
Top Bottom