Remove the option to post as anonymous

Re: Too much time on his hands...

Beep! Wrong. FBE.

Beep! Wrong. FBE.

That makes two of us. If you think I am over 50 because of that fake troll script then you really are in FBE mode here. My ex was not 26 when we married. Nor was/is he a help desk monkey. Though he often joked that that was what he was. He is a systems analyst. I read that stupid thing last night. Anyone that thinks I was bee charmer has come to this conclusion by way of their FBE. Not even my writing style or personality. Some truths are peppered in to make it plausible. But it was not me. Had not even gone into the chat room in ages by that point.

I know exactly how old you are...46.

NHNS is going to change my nappy?

I quoted it before you edited it.

Suggestion.

Hello everyone, :)
I have a suggestion - simple yet effective and I cannot see how DavidT would object to it:
Allow anonymous posts in sub-forums which concentrate on Morrissey (General Discussion, Tour, and Downloads) - thus news would still come flowing into the site as usual.
However, in sub-forums which demand control and positive environment between users, access should be allowed only for registered users, as these contain revealing details of users' personal lives (Off-Topic, Fans/Introductions, and even the Marketplace and Corners Collectors as they require users to be reliable for possible trades).

This suggested solution IS possible and currently takes place in many online communities, with much success I may add.
Another related suggestion could be that in order to participate in sub-forum communities such as the Off-Topic one, you'd not only have to register but also post under your registered profile a certain number of messages (a reasonable number decided by the webmaster) in order to prove good intentions and contribution to the discussion on Morrissey (since this ought to be the main reason to all of us visiting MORRISSEY-SOLO).
Adopting this method would encourage guests into both contributing to Morrissey related discussions and helping to re-create a new improved community that displays kinder correspondence, constructive criticism, healthy debates, quality threads an so on...

Yes ironic, considering it's coming from moi, another guest here - However, you must admit it's a nice idea.... :)
Thanks for reading.

Re: You can't work the refs when you're responsible for 90% of the fouls.

2012-2014 in a nutshell.
20s6dn8.jpg

This is in danger of being lost in a flood in Egypt.

Re:

I have a suggestion - simple yet effective and I cannot see how DavidT would object to it:
Allow anonymous posts in sub-forums which concentrate on Morrissey (General Discussion, Tour, and Downloads) - thus news would still come flowing into the site as usual.
However, in sub-forums which demand control and positive environment between users, access should be allowed only for registered users, as these contain revealing details of users' personal lives (Off-Topic, Fans/Introductions, and even the Marketplace and Corners Collectors as they require users to be reliable for possible trades).

This suggested solution is possible and currently takes place in many online communities, with much success I may add.
Another related suggestion could be that in order to participate in sub-forum communities such as the Off-Topic one, you'd not only have to register but also post under your registered profile a certain number of messages (a reasonable number decided by the webmaster) in order to prove good intentions and contribution to the discussion on Morrissey (since this ought to be the main reason to all of us visiting morrissey-solo).
Adopting this method would encourage guests into both contributing to Morrissey related discussions and helping to re-create a new improved community that displays kinder correspondence, constructive criticism, healthy debates, quality threads an so on.

Yes ironic, considering it's coming from moi, another guest here - However, you must admit it's a nice idea. :)
Thanks for reading.

Adding sub-forums means more work, totally unrealistic.

Re: Suggestion.

This suggested solution IS possible and currently takes place in many online communities, with much success I may add.
Another related suggestion could be that in order to participate in sub-forum communities such as the Off-Topic one, you'd not only have to register but also post under your registered profile a certain number of messages (a reasonable number decided by the webmaster) in order to prove good intentions and contribution to the discussion on Morrissey (since this ought to be the main reason to all of us visiting MORRISSEY-SOLO).
Adopting this method would encourage guests into both contributing to Morrissey related discussions and helping to re-create a new improved community that displays kinder correspondence, constructive criticism, healthy debates, quality threads an so on...

Yes ironic, considering it's coming from moi, another guest here - However, you must admit it's a nice idea.... :)
Thanks for reading.

I love you! And you are anonymous. :lbf: Register today. Come play with me... us. You sound level, smart, and kind.

Add Hominemz is my new favorite word.

Re: Suggestion

I love you! And you are anonymous. :lbf: Register today. Come play with me... us. You sound level, smart, and kind.
Oh wow, Thanks! :o

Adding sub-forums means more work, totally unrealistic.

Hi Kewpie, :)
I think you may have misunderstood my proposal. There is no need to add sub-forums at all!
What I've had in mind is to change the rules of accessibility for existing sub-forums on the site by changing the board's homogeneous approach of handling the sub-forums. In other words: keep current rules in related Morrissey sub-boards (anonymous free access there) whereas in off-topic sub-boards, access limitation can be implemented for registered users only (with a certain number of posts).
There would be no need for extra moderation, as a system access code can be written or redefined (and as I've said earlier, it proved to obtain great results in many respected and highly regarded online communities). On the contrary, I would even argue the likely outcome would be less reports of abuse thus less need for moderators to get involved in personal fights since possible short-term trolls would have to invest time posting a considerable amount of posts under a registered name to gain the automatic access to the unrelated Morrissey sub-forums.
Therefore, many of those potential troublemakers, already being denied of anonymity status in off-topic forums, would give up on the idea of creating a fake double identity to harass other users, and move on.

Re: Suggestion

Oh wow, Thanks! :o

You are quite welcome. :)

Hi Kewpie, :)
I think you may have misunderstood my proposal. There is no need to add sub-forums at all!
What I've had in mind is to change the rules of accessibility for existing sub-forums on the site by changing the board's homogeneous approach of handling the sub-forums. In other words: keep current rules in related Morrissey sub-boards (anonymous free access there) whereas in off-topic sub-boards, access limitation can be implemented for registered users only (with a certain number of posts).
There would be no need for extra moderation, as a system access code can be written or redefined (and as I've said earlier, it proved to obtain great results in many respected and highly regarded online communities). On the contrary, I would even argue the likely outcome would be less reports of abuse thus less need for moderators to get involved in personal fights since possible short-term trolls would have to invest time posting a considerable amount of posts under a registered name to gain the automatic access to the unrelated Morrissey sub-forums.
Therefore, many of those potential troublemakers, already being denied of anonymity status in off-topic forums, would give up on the idea of creating a fake double identity to harass other users, and move on.

Yes. Yes. Yes. :flowers:
valentine-candy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Btw, just read some of our old exchanges. I am eating many of those words right now. :( I find myself no longer agreeing with much of the things I was so fervently defending and fighting for.

Last edited:

Thanks for reading.

Real+wingmen+got+your+back.+Not+mine+but+still_0435b9_4795427.gif

You are quite welcome. :)

Yes. Yes. Yes. :flowers:
valentine-candy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Btw, just read some of our old exchanges. I am eating many of those words right now. :( I find myself no longer agreeing with much of the things I was so fervently defending and fighting for.

Thanks RB, :)
That's one of the issues I've been having, regarding the rules of the forum. Users are very vulnerable under current rules, like sitting ducks. My suggestion wouldn't eradicate fights between registered users completely, but the atmosphere could be less heated, more transparent and less manipulated by "3rd party trolls".

I see you no longer view RB as Glloum, but as Legolas, so that's an improvement!
BTW the LOTR trilogy was a masterpiece , wasn't it? :)

I hope you do know my suggestion could benefit everyone, as these fights between registered users always involve suspicion and derive from unnecessary hostile environment. With each visit, I see the same cycle of vicious playground. The only change is the new picked up punching bag. As a distant observer, just about everyone taking part in these fights, whether voluntarily or not, has fallen into the trap of playing both the punching bag roll and the avenger type at different times while staying here. It hurts me to see this and I'm sure many others feel the same way. At the end, there are no winners, only losers in this perplexing war of words.

I'm saying this to everyone: holding grudges in your heart will only result in creating future grudges and bitterness and for what?

We're all human beings, and I'm sure everyone here would love to spend their time talking and doing what they love instead of fighting till no end like a broken record, so why are you people doing this? Foremost, why are you doing it to yourselves???...and yes I sound terribly cliché and all but I mean well.

It's not the end of the world if there's no chemistry between certain users. It's just like real life! we don't have to like all users' opinions but for own sake and for the others, it would be more healthy to phrase our disagreements in a respectful manner just like if we were to speak with people on the phone or face to face.

It's simple; don't speak to another user in a tone which is not acceptable to you if you were on the receiving end.

I wish everyone could comprehend that by continuing to conduct in a destructive manner you'll only endure pain, regret, sadness and depression. Stop thinking about "who started it" etc. FORGIVE. Let yourself be occupied with the things you really care about. People, something is got to give. Now it's time!

Sorry for this long rant, but I care too much to not say anything. Please, in the end we're just human beings trying to find our place during our temporary stay in this small planet.
Don't waste it on trivial bickering.

That's one of the issues I've been having, regarding the rules of the forum. Users are very vulnerable under current rules, like sitting ducks. My suggestion wouldn't eradicate fights between registered users completely, but the atmosphere could be less heated, more transparent and less manipulated by "3rd party trolls".

I see you no longer view RB as Glloum, but as Legolas, so that's an improvement!

I hope you do know my suggestion could benefit everyone, as these fights between registered users always involve suspicion and derive from unnecessary hostile environment. With each visit, I see the same cycle of vicious playground. The only change is the new picked up punching bag. As a distant observer, just about everyone taking part in these fights, whether voluntarily or not, has fallen into the trap of playing both the punching bag roll and the avenger type at different times while staying here. It hurts me to see this and I'm sure many others feel the same way. At the end, there are no winners, only losers in this perplexing war of words.

I'm saying this to everyone: holding grudges in your heart will only result in creating future grudges and bitterness and for what?

We're all human beings, and I'm sure everyone here would love to spend their time talking and doing what they love instead of fighting till no end like a broken record, so why are you people doing this? Foremost, why are you doing it to yourselves???...and yes I sound terribly cliché and all but I mean well.

It's not the end of the world if there's no chemistry between certain users. It's just like real life! we don't have to like all users' opinions but for own sake and for the others, it would be more healthy to phrase our disagreements in a respectful manner just like if we were to speak with people on the phone or face to face.

It's simple; don't speak to another user in a tone which is not acceptable to you if you were on the receiving end.

I wish everyone could comprehend that by continuing to conduct in a destructive manner you'll only endure pain, regret, sadness and depression. Stop thinking about "who started it" etc. FORGIVE. Let yourself be occupied with the things you really care about. People, something is got to give. Now it's time!

Sorry for this long rant, but I care too much to not say anything. Please, in the end we're just human beings trying to find our place during our temporary stay in this small planet.

I believe in this. I believe this person. Live today with freedom. Live like you are dying tomorrow. I certainly would not want my last days to be caught in a circle of hostility. Is that the legacy I keep for my family. Words said here have to creep into real world mentalities. You say them over and over and they are engrained, they seep. I would rather the words I repeat be positive, or positive for me and my life.

Very well stated. I can't argue with anything you said. How can anyone? You give me (us) much to think about. I hope everyone reads your post and at least considers what you have said.

Last edited:

Very well stated. I can't argue with anything you said. How can anyone? You give me (us) much to think about. I hope everyone reads your post and at least considers what you have said.

It is well stated, you can't argue, you will think, and hope to consider.

This is not an attack but you did not agree. You did not in the affirmative say, I will not conduct myself in the way has he describes posters. Your fingers are crossed behind your back so to speak. It's just what I see, it's you, no worries, it's just how you are.

Last edited:

It is well stated, you can't argue, you will think, and hope to consider.

This is not an attack but you did not agree. You did not in the affirmative say, I will not conduct myself in the way has he describes posters. Your fingers are crossed behind your back so to speak. It's just what I see, it's you, no worries, it's just how you are.

Essentially, it comes off as if she's halfheartedly trying to stem the tide before she alienates the few people who respond to her civilly.

She will point back to this moment soon and say "see, I tried to make peace."

Essentially, it comes off as if she's halfheartedly trying to stem the tide before she alienates the few people who respond to her civilly.

I am willing to call a truce if you are.

star-trek-nodding.gif

Back
Top Bottom