Misnomers

Now, according to you, No1uno is Dave; and in the past I've been The Bicycle Tragedy, !Viva Hate!, and Dave; and Misguided Angel was sending you horrible emails...

CG's an actual schizophrenic. What's your excuse?

I am who? According to who?

On a trolling note. On my training ride today I caught this American life on stitcher. The first segment dealt with trolls on a site called topics. I couldn't help but think of this drama on solo. Note, this American life only post them for a week, so listen to it or down Poland the podcast to keep it. It was interesting.

not really into the whole "god scene" but I liked this, don't see what ReBi has to do with it though

If you lost your job and couldn't find another job, would you possibly have to go live in the desert? Hopefully your son, or a friend, or someone would help you, but what if they weren't able to? I know a man who lived in the deserts of California for seven straight years. In early 2005 he finally secured a job. He was my co-worker. He is one of the wisest and most honest and most genuine people I've ever met. In 2005, I was down on the ropes. Probably, the worst year of my life. Meeting him completely changed my life. Long story short, he opened my eyes to God, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Bible. I'm not judging anyone who is of a different religion or is atheist. My Mom's an atheist, two of the best people I know are Muslim, etc.,etc. Still to this day I'm not overly happy, and most of the people I know aren't super happy. We all just do the best we can, and try to be as happy as we can. I can honestly say, that meeting that rough looking man completely changed the trajectory of my life. It literally was like I was drowning in a well and he lowered a bucket, which I grabbed, and he pulled me out of the well. My point is please don't miss out on an opportunity to get to know someone who is poor or who doesn't have a certain social status. You may be shocked what you can learn from that person. You may be shocked when its that person, who is the one who saves your life.

My friend's name is Edward. He is one of the toughest and roughest looking people you've ever seen. He definitely looks like he's been in a motorcycle gang all of his life. He hasn't, he just looks like that. I asked him once, "Edward, when you die and are able to see God, what are you gonna say to him?" With tears in his eyes his response to me was, " I'm gonna ask him if I can hug him. I'm just gonna ask him if I can hug him."

I forgot to add that I always have faith in God. Life sucks, and finding God isn't a magic switch thats gonna make you completely happy. For me, its given me some semblance of peace. After I read the Bible, I always feel better. And, I never put God down. Two of the few things I do right in this world is I keep faith in God, and I never put him down.

I wrote this for me, not for reality or anyone else. I wrote this for me.
:clap:

Re: not really into the whole "god scene" but I liked this, don't see what ReBi has to do with it th

If you lost your job and couldn't find another job, would you possibly have to go live in the desert? Hopefully your son, or a friend, or someone would help you, but what if they weren't able to? I know a man who lived in the deserts of California for seven straight years. In early 2005 he finally secured a job. He was my co-worker. He is one of the wisest and most honest and most genuine people I've ever met. In 2005, I was down on the ropes. Probably, the worst year of my life. Meeting him completely changed my life. Long story short, he opened my eyes to God, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Bible. I'm not judging anyone who is of a different religion or is atheist. My Mom's an atheist, two of the best people I know are Muslim, etc.,etc. Still to this day I'm not overly happy, and most of the people I know aren't super happy. We all just do the best we can, and try to be as happy as we can. I can honestly say, that meeting that rough looking man completely changed the trajectory of my life. It literally was like I was drowning in a well and he lowered a bucket, which I grabbed, and he pulled me out of the well. My point is please don't miss out on an opportunity to get to know someone who is poor or who doesn't have a certain social status. You may be shocked what you can learn from that person. You may be shocked when its that person, who is the one who saves your life.

My friend's name is Edward. He is one of the toughest and roughest looking people you've ever seen. He definitely looks like he's been in a motorcycle gang all of his life. He hasn't, he just looks like that. I asked him once, "Edward, when you die and are able to see God, what are you gonna say to him?" With tears in his eyes his response to me was, " I'm gonna ask him if I can hug him. I'm just gonna ask him if I can hug him."

I forgot to add that I always have faith in God. Life sucks, and finding God isn't a magic switch thats gonna make you completely happy. For me, its given me some semblance of peace. After I read the Bible, I always feel better. And, I never put God down. Two of the few things I do right in this world is I keep faith in God, and I never put him down.

I wrote this for me, not for reality or anyone else. I wrote this for me.

Justin, I found your story very moving.
Many thanks for sharing it.

Thanks a lot everyone for your nice comments & emoticon (Robby). I really appreciate them. :)

Good for you, Justin. I'm very happy for you. It really is a shame when people try to rip others to shreds over saying what you just said. I've seen it happen on this site via one of the moderators. Funny world we live in...

Thanks a lot !Viva. I agree, it's a shame when people do that. That's the reason why I made the statement, "I wrote this for me...," after my third post. I wrote that as a defense mechanism because I felt I may get attacked for writing about God & the Bible. I wasn't being bold in writing, "I wrote this for me...," I guess I was trying to protect myself from possibly getting ripped to shreds. The paragraph above that is strong and honest, but the "I wrote this for me..." is weakness.

Honestly, I was certain that reality wasn't going to attack me for writing that. Yeah, I read the statement that she wrote about how she could never be my friend because of my faith-based episti...whatever she calls it. However, the truth is she's never directly attacked me for my love of God & Jesus. Plus, we used to PM each other quite often and I wrote about God, the Bible, & prayer a lot. The truth is she never once criticized me for doing so. Not one time. I appreciated that.

To get off the subject a bit, which is frequently the case with me, I wanted to address my accusation that reality and Steve Croce are one in the same poster. Honestly, at this point, I don't think they were. The focal point of my argument was that Croce posted the Throwing Muses song, "Snakeface," four short minutes after I booted reality off of my "friends list". This was the first song he ever posted and blah, blah, blah. I think my logic was flawed because there really isn't any way to know if someone has booted you off of their "friends list." There isn't a "pop-up" window that bursts onto the scene, coldly announcing that you've just been kicked off of a "friends list". I've had three people drop me as a friend, and I never saw a "pop-up" window or anything announcing this. Anyway, long story short, I think reality and Steve Croce were seperate posters. I admit I was wrong.

Thanks for this, Justin! :thumb:
You may have written this for yourself, and not for anyone else, but:
I really REALLY needed to hear that. I'm going through a devastatingly dark period in my life, and needed to hear that. So, thank you. I'll go and read a Psalm, or, a chapter if I can do so. (Do you have any verses or Psalms suggestions?)
I am not affiliated with any religions, and my faith, (or lack thereof …currently) varies from little to non existent due to circumstances I will not divulge on a forum, even though i am "Anonymous". Please pray for me if you have the time, and, feel so inclined.
Thank you again Justin Playfair.

And please, don't start trolling drollery, reality … I know how much you loathe faith and religions along with 10001 other things.
If you feel like you'd spontaneously combust if you don't chime in, then, do so. But I'm hoping today is my lucky day and that you will stick to your word (for once) and not reply to lazy loser cowards AKA Anonymous posters.

Cheers,

-Gasping.Dying But Somehow Still Alive.

You're welcome. I hope your life gets a lot better and all the dark clouds drift away. They will, and your life will get better. This world is difficult. My friend Stan says, "Even when something great happens in life, there is the possibility of 1,000 more storms to come. That's just life." He's right but its nothing to fear. Everyone goes through storms, unfortunately, that's just life. I'll definitely pray for you! I'm ashamed to say I haven't prayed since Wednesday, but I will today. Here are some awesome Bible quotes.....

2 Corinthians 1: 3-7
Psalm 119: 33-40
Psalm 119: 105
Romans 13:12
Luke 15 (all of it)
Romans 8: 31-39

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

-Romans 8: 37-39

-I read the NIV (New International Version) of the Holy Bible. It's the one I like best and the one I always read.

-I should write more Bible quotes, but want to post a Temples song in the "What Are You Listening to Now" thread, and jet off to the foothills to go hiking with friends.

-Happy Easter!

Last edited by a moderator:
This will all end with realitybites finding God, I promise you.

897sk.jpg

^I've been trying to figure out why she keeps saying he has "a God complex." Perhaps she is worried about this possibility in earnest?

Realitybites, you shouldn't try to censor God's posts. Whole civilizations have fallen for such attempts.

It's plausible because...

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

- - - Updated - - -

^I've been trying to figure out why she keeps saying he has "a God complex." Perhaps she is worried about this possibility in earnest?

Realitybites, you shouldn't try to censor God's posts. Whole civilizations have fallen for such attempts.

Another...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well RB I am confident you will find your way toward Christianity eventually. You already have your own version of the doctrine of original sin ("She started it!"), you have enormous faith that your random accusations against people are true, and in the most potent symbol yet, you spent Easter weekend on the cross for all our viewing pleasure.

Well RB I am confident you will find your way toward Christianity eventually. You already have your own version of the doctrine of original sin ("She started it!"), you have enormous faith that your random accusations against people are true, and in the most potent symbol yet, you spent Easter weekend on the cross for all our viewing pleasure.

3735318-8426941996-burny.gif

We're in hell right now. Heaven is being a ghost riding from body to body on orgasms ala Quantum Leap.

Back
Top Bottom