Misnomers

You don't see the irony of these two statements?

I don't refute all posts you make, sometimes you make legitimate points. I don't kiss your ass because of it. But more often than not you engage in what you call "devil's advocate" behavior as a way to get people to argue with you to teach you how to argue back. It's amazing to watch on the outside, you'll use other people's thoughts and styles of rhetoric a DAY later in another thread, sometimes just a few hours later. You're like a trained monkey mirroring rhetoric and ideas of others then claiming ownership of those ideas WHILE chastising those who don't "look and sound as smart as you" when in reality you're not different than a curious wind-up doll.

That is a great example of your FBE rearing its ugly head. Show me how I do this. Provide examples. Back up your claims with evidence. Otherwise your statements are just subjective observations coming from a silly, busy body fool, who sees signs and gives meaning to symbols where there is no inherent meaning, assigns attribution where there should be none, and has dreams she interprets as prophecies.

You refute/discount my arguments simply because they were made by me, all the time. ALL THE TIME. You follow me around the forums like PET TROLL. Are you private messaging Dave?

Also who is Dave? And do you think free thinkers in general have a compulsive obsession with who is PMing who and who is out to get who, etc..? Did Christopher Hitchens pepper his essays and books with "Well, of course Pat Robertson would say that about me, he probably made a phone call just yesterday to Thomas Monson and mentioned my name!" Why don't you just listen to ideas and talk about them instead of having to explain who is right and who is wrong? You go for the FBE thing and the "she's talking to God" thing as a way to completely devalue my contributions and fail to recognize that as your precious ad hominem. You are not open to ideation and postulating theories and experimenting with thinking outside the box, you have decided who is right and who is wrong and use this I DEMAND PROOF making yourself more of an idiotic caricature than the reddit zealots you think you're so above.

Technically, it can be construed as correct. But nobody who writes well would use a colon in place of a simple comma. Less is more. When a comma will do, use it.

It either is or isn't correct. Grammar rules do not lose validity based on the writing preference of the reader.
You said it wasn't used properly. Now you're saying it was but you chose to discredit it just because you didn't like it or the person who wrote the sentence. You have a dog in this fight...

Of course I am familiar with the book. Pretty much anybody who has written term papers is. Please defend your argument by posting a link to, or screenshot of, the rule that defends anonymous's sentence construction. Otherwise your argument is vacuous, and fallacious—an appeal to authority—lacking proper evidence to back it up. Thanks.

Butthurt?

Last edited:
That is a great example of your FBE rearing its ugly head. Show me how I do this. Provide examples. Back up your claims with evidence. Otherwise your statements are just subjective observations coming from a silly, busy body fool, who sees signs and gives meaning to symbols where there is no inherent meaning, assigns attribution where there should be none, and has dreams she interprets as prophecies.

Case in point. Read your own words as if I wrote them.

Do you guys realize that you are acting like stalkers? Seriously. Add Pet Troll and you have a complete army of trolls. It is bordering on bullying and harassment.

Do you guys realize that you are acting like stalkers? Seriously. Add Pet Troll and you have a complete army of trolls. It is bordering on bullying and harassment.

Then maybe don't say stupid things with pretentious authority? Or better yet...get off the internet.

It's a little rude to leave a mile-wide slime trail in nearly every section & thread of this forum and then whine when people you don't like inevitably step on it...

I think this thread subconsciously has gone exactly how someone wanted it to go. Weird but almost predictable. I ask myself, how could so many people act like this to you. Are they all wrong, I mean all of them just funneled here and found you.

Humility goes a long way. Not being right and accepting others is a hallmark if you are going to interact with people. I certainly have very strong viewpoints but accept others because it's them. They are in life with me, they have views. They are not me, so I have to let them be them. I may poke fun, but I still value, because they are people like me. I am not above.

Crystal is crazy but this page has been filled with very good posts from her and I see it, some do some don't. But I see it.

Last edited:
But more often than not you engage in what you call "devil's advocate" behavior as a way to get people to argue with you to teach you how to argue back. It's amazing to watch on the outside, you'll use other people's thoughts and styles of rhetoric a DAY later in another thread, sometimes just a few hours later. You're like a trained monkey mirroring rhetoric and ideas of others then claiming ownership of those ideas WHILE chastising those who don't "look and sound as smart as you" when in reality you're not different than a curious wind-up doll.

Show me how I do this. Provide examples. Back up your claims with evidence.

Answering you on this would do what I've already said shouldn't be done: we shouldn't help you learn how to better con people. If I show you examples of your doing this, I help you learn to disguise your behavior in future. ("Show me how I do this," you literally ask.)

But you've just provided an example that's too perfect to pass up. Here was CrystalGeezer, a few weeks ago:

You hinder normal, natural discussion and drive normal people away.

That was a comment that prompted a new user to quote it in a spirit of agreement. You probably really took notice--How did she do that? How did she get someone to agree with her, to side with her? Now you've just posted, in not one, but in two threads:

Too bad you can't register and actually have a discussion. You apparently suffer from Anti Social Personality Disorder and cannot interact on a forum like normal people do. Have a dialog. You only know how to troll. That is why you were banned and are now posting anonymously. You don't know how to be civil and act like a normal person capable of having a conversation.

Too bad you can't register and actually have a discussion. You apparently suffer from Anti Social Personality Disorder and cannot interact on a forum like normal people do. Have a dialog. You only know how to troll. That is why you were banned and are now posting anonymously. You don't know how to be civil and act like a normal person capable of having a conversation.

The wind-up doll is indeed broken.

I think this thread subconsciously has gone exactly how someone wanted it to go. Weird but almost predictable. I ask myself, how could so many people act like this to you. Are they all wrong, I mean all of them just funneled here and found you.

Humility goes a long way. Not being right and accepting others is a hallmark if you are going to interact with people. I certainly have very strong viewpoints but accept others because it's them. They are in life with me, they have views. They are not me, so I have to let them be them. I may poke fun, but I still value, because they are people like me. I am not above.

Crystal is crazy but this page has been filled with very good posts and I see it, some do some don't. But I see it.

A Thread could be about cute little puppies and the trolls are gonna highjack it. It can’t be escaped.

Answering you on this would do what I've already said shouldn't be done: we shouldn't help you learn how to better con people. If I show you examples of your doing this, I help you learn to disguise your behavior in future. ("Show me how I do this," you literally ask.)

But you've just provided an example that's too perfect to pass up. Here was CrystalGeezer, a few weeks ago:

That was a comment that prompted a new user to quote it in a spirit of agreement. You probably really took notice--How did she do that? How did she get someone to agree with her, to side with her? Now you've just posted, in not one, but in two threads:

The wind-up doll is indeed broken.

suspicious-husky.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A Thread could be about cute little puppies and the trolls are gonna highjack it. It can’t be escaped.

suspicious-husky.jpg

Is this Pet Troll a cute puppy?

- - - Updated - - -

Crystal is crazy but this page has been filled with very good posts from her and I see it, some do some don't. But I see it.

suspicious-husky.jpg

Maybe address the issues instead of postulating who issued it? Kind of seems like something an intelligent person would do. I could be wrong, my father was a truck driver.

How about move on with your life? :cool:

I don't think she can. Maybe she's researching it now. I love the wikipedia pause followed by a tome post.

You don't see the irony of these two statements?

I don't refute all posts you make, sometimes you make legitimate points. I don't kiss your ass because of it. But more often than not you engage in what you call "devil's advocate" behavior as a way to get people to argue with you to teach you how to argue back. It's amazing to watch on the outside, you'll use other people's thoughts and styles of rhetoric a DAY later in another thread, sometimes just a few hours later. You're like a trained monkey mirroring rhetoric and ideas of others then claiming ownership of those ideas WHILE chastising those who don't "look and sound as smart as you" when in reality you're not different than a curious wind-up doll.

this is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom