Misnomers

So did I, it was very heartfelt and clever. You have to appreciate that passion.

So that post was your idea of "clever."

Keep playing the note-taking naturalist, but make no mistake: you fit right in.

Learn to use colons properly or don't use them at all.

I did use it properly.

You're an idiot, and you actually want people to lecture you so that you can squat there and take notes and plan your next attempt to appear as something other than a complete moron.

I will not assist you in that.

I did use it properly.

No, you didn't. That is one of the worst sentences I have seen posted here. Worse than the ones that end with no punctuation at all.

Improper construction:

Proper way to construct your sentence:

Keep playing the note-taking naturalist. But make no mistake, you fit right in.

I did use it properly.

You're an idiot, and you actually want people to lecture you so that you can squat there and take notes and plan your next attempt to appear as something other than a complete moron.

I will not assist you in that.

No, you didn't. That is one of the worst sentences I have seen posted here. Worse than the ones that end with no punctuation at all.

Improper construction:

Proper way to construct your sentence:

Keep playing the note-taking naturalist. But make no mistake, you fit right in.

Pardon me for jumping in, but if you refer to Elements of Style by Strunk & White, Anonymous is correct.

Great observation. Thin skin does not wrinkle easily. My mom has thin skin as well. She looks twenty years younger uthan her biological age. Of course, there are drawbacks to thin skin. But being an expert I am certain you already know what they are. So I won't belittle your intelligence by spelling them out.

Being an expert? What makes them an expert? Did I miss something here?
And you do belittle people's intelligence ... Characters, lifestyles, choices, faith, grammar, ETC.…
IMO you've this holier than thou attitude that pisses people off. People who have differing thoughts and opinions are automatically called trolls, and the ones who agree with you and/or compliment you -kiss your ass- (to put it crudely) automatically join your highschool clique where they get encouraging emoticons that are used as a form of praise -a treat for a learning puppy, if you will.

That is just my take on things. Perhaps I am wrong. But from what I've seen these few weeks, that is how you come across.

Cheers,
Trev.

Pardon me for jumping in, but if you refer to Elements of Style by Strunk & White, Anonymous is correct.

Of course I am familiar with the book. Pretty much anybody who has written term papers is. Please defend your argument by posting a link to, or screenshot of, the rule that defends anonymous's sentence construction. Otherwise your argument is vacuous, and fallacious—an appeal to authority—lacking proper evidence to back it up. Thanks.

Of course I am familiar with the book. Pretty much anybody who has written term papers is. Please defend your argument by posting a link to, or screenshot of, the rule that defends anonymous's sentence construction. Otherwise your argument is vacuous, and fallacious—an appeal to authority—lacking proper evidence to back it up. Thanks.

Not that you've yet to explain yourself why the sentence was incorrect. You simply wrote "incorrect" before quoting it, and "correct" before an arbitrary rephrasing of the sentence that included no colon.

This is a small example of your general tack here: prompt people to patiently explain the world to you by confronting them with inanity, absurdity, ignorance, and bad manners. Complying simply equates to feeding a troll.

You need to learn what an argument is. Her post was an observation. You can't have a vacuous and fallacious observation. Formal Fallacy rules don't even apply to observations. I thought you said you took a Logic course. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You need to learn what an argument is. Her post was an observation. You can't have a vacuous and fallacious observation. Formal Fallacy rules don't even apply to observations. I thought you said you took a Logic course. :rolleyes:

Hilarious. Just the opposite.

An argument is a statement of fact. Not an observation. She stated he was correct. And claimed the evidence to back up her argument can be found in The Elements of Style. Should I take her word? Where in that book? Proof please. I could say my English teacher in sixth grade said my way of writing is correct. Both are false appeals to authority. You don't know the difference between an argument and an observation because to you, anything you observe, through your subjective filter, can be construed as fact. FBE. You don't require evidence. I do.

An argument is a statement of fact. Not an observation. She stated he was correct. And claimed the evidence to back up her argument can be found in The Elements of Style. Should I take her word? Where in that book? Proof please. I could say my English teacher in sixth grade said my way of writing is correct. Both are false appeals to authority. You don't know the difference between an argument and an observation because to you, anything you observe, through your subjective filter, can be construed as fact. FBE. You don't require evidence. I do.

Again, you haven't provided evidence that the usage was incorrect. You simply wrote the word "incorrect" before quoting the usage.

That is ridiculous. You are a fool.

If I had a dollar for every fallacious argument you make in the course of a single day of posting it would pay for a fine meal. The fact you're pulling the Fallacy card on someone correcting your grammar is indicative of the level of desperation you've reached in pretending you'e some intellectual hotshot.

Provide evidence that the sentence structure you took issue with isn't correct...

Not that you've yet to explain yourself why the sentence was incorrect. You simply wrote "incorrect" before quoting it, and "correct" before an arbitrary rephrasing of the sentence that included no colon.

This is a small example of your general tack here: prompt people to patiently explain the world to you by confronting them with inanity, absurdity, ignorance, and bad manners. Complying simply equates to feeding a troll.

You really need to get a job. Or something more constructive and meaningful than following me around the forums attempting to refute everything I say and write. Is it a game? A competition? Too bad you can't register and actually have a discussion. You apparently suffer from Anti Social Personality Disorder and cannot interact on a forum like normal people do. Have a dialog. You only know how to troll. That is why you were banned and are now posting anonymously. You don't know how to be civil and act like a normal person capable of having a conversation. Colon use, like semicolon use, is pretentious and overkill. Your writing makes you look anxious and unsure. It does not look like the writing of someone who writes effortlessly. Less is more. When a comma will do, use it.

12178775626_d3485a5d41_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Provide evidence that the sentence structure you took issue with isn't correct...

Technically, it can be construed as correct. But nobody who writes well would use a colon in place of a simple comma. Less is more. When a comma will do, use it.

Last edited:

DO you realize that attacking the argument as invalid because it was written by an anonymous person is the most OBVIOUS formal fallacy a person could avoid engaging in? Do you realize this?

This is exactly what you, but let's ignore it because an anonymous person wrote it. I won't TELL you the fallacy because you'll start accusing other people of doing it.

If I had a dollar for every fallacious argument you make in the course of a single day of posting it would pay for a fine meal. The fact you're pulling the Fallacy card on someone correcting your grammar is indicative of the level of desperation you've reached in pretending you'e some intellectual hotshot.

Prove how this statement is an 'observation' and NOT a statement of fact: "Anonymous is correct." Proper and effective use of a colon, btw. Can you do it without using ad hominems?

Prove how this statement is an 'observation' and NOT a statement of fact: "Anonymous is correct." Proper and effective use of a colon, btw. Can you do it without using ad hominems?

I'm not going to teach you anything. But I will say you're playing with fire throwing around logical fallacies as proof of your intellectual superiority because beyond ad hominem which you learned a few months ago you don't know what you're talking about.

DO you realize that attacking the argument as invalid because it was written by an anonymous person is the most OBVIOUS formal fallacy a person could avoid engaging in? Do you realize this?

This is exactly what you, but let's ignore it because an anonymous person wrote it. I won't TELL you the fallacy because you'll start accusing other people of doing it.

You refute/discount my arguments simply because they were made by me, all the time. ALL THE TIME. You follow me around the forums like PET TROLL. Are you private messaging Dave?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not going to teach you anything.

Because you can't.

You refute/discount my arguments simply because they were made by me, all the time. ALL THE TIME. You follow me around the forums like PET TROLL. Are you private messaging Dave?

- - - Updated - - -

Because you can't.

You don't see the irony of these two statements?

I don't refute all posts you make, sometimes you make legitimate points. I don't kiss your ass because of it. But more often than not you engage in what you call "devil's advocate" behavior as a way to get people to argue with you to teach you how to argue back. It's amazing to watch on the outside, you'll use other people's thoughts and styles of rhetoric a DAY later in another thread, sometimes just a few hours later. You're like a trained monkey mirroring rhetoric and ideas of others then claiming ownership of those ideas WHILE chastising those who don't "look and sound as smart as you" when in reality you're not different than a curious wind-up doll.

Back
Top Bottom