Morrissey "Autobiography" - translation requests rejected, counter to previous information

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140411_02

Information regarding Morrissey's Autobiography

11 April 2014

Morrissey has rejected the many and varied requests to have his Autobiography translated into several languages. As per his wishes, the book will remain a UK Penguin Classic, and will not be printed in the countries listed on this site some months ago.

Very Nigel Farage of Morrissey :D

I'm not sure what you mean by a "romantic view of Morrissey" - from what I can see my analysis is pretty much treating Morrissey as any other person in arts/business.

That he's doing this "for publicity" is entirely your assumption. It doesn't sound to me the kind of thing he'd do for publicity as it's not likely to make waves across the world. Maybe you're right but it'd be a lucky guess.

I think mine is the more grounded analysis - that he's simply prone to changing his mind - know one actually knows why he has decided this.

More grounded analysis? Saying that someone can do whatever he wants with his work, art, business is just a "Lapalissiane" thing and I can't see analysis and where it is grounded... Morrissey did a statement before the Autobiography was published saying about trouble with Penguin and after a few week the book was in the bookstore, which analysis about this? What about the previous accord with publishers and translators? All in the garbage, he changed his mind and he does'nt owe us something....oh analysis... I'm not waiting for translation, I don'nt want to read the book once again, in any language.

More grounded analysis? Saying that someone can do whatever he wants with his work, art, business is just a "Lapalissiane" thing and I can't see analysis and where it is grounded... Morrissey did a statement before the Autobiography was published saying about trouble with Penguin and after a few week the book was in the bookstore, which analysis about this? What about the previous accord with publishers and translators? All in the garbage, he changed his mind and he does'nt owe us something....oh analysis... I'm not waiting for translation, I don'nt want to read the book once again, in any language.

Anyone complaining that Morrissey is inconsistent isn't at all familiar with his personality. What do you expect? He changes his mind like the weather.

As you say: "he changed his mind and he does'nt [sic] owe us something" --- Yep he doesn't owe you anything he hasn't signed a contract with his fans on the format of the book. An announcement isn't a promise and you should know by now that with Morrissey actions talk louder than words.

"I'm not waiting for translation, I don'nt [sic] want to read the book once again, in any language. " --- Then don't.

Anyone complaining that Morrissey is inconsistent isn't at all familiar with his personality. What do you expect? He changes his mind like the weather.

As you say: "he changed his mind and he does'nt [sic] owe us something" --- Yep he doesn't owe you anything he hasn't signed a contract with his fans on the format of the book. An announcement isn't a promise and you should know by now that with Morrissey actions talk louder than words.

"I'm not waiting for translation, I don'nt [sic] want to read the book once again, in any language. " --- Then don't.

Morrissey changes his mind as the weather is just a legend, he is cleaver, astute and takes care about his business, of course he is a musician, a singer, lyricist...so he got to paint himself with a certain allure, but everything he does got a proper reason. He does'nt owe anything to me just exactly as I don'nt owe anything to him and I never though he owes something to me in my whole life.

Anyone complaining that Morrissey is inconsistent isn't at all familiar with his personality.

Where and when did you become so intimately au fait with Morrissey's personality? I suspect you have no more knowledge of this subject than anyone else here.

Yep he doesn't owe you anything he hasn't signed a contract with his fans on the format of the book. An announcement isn't a promise and you should know by now that with Morrissey actions talk louder than words.

Here you are using an extremely good example where Morrissey's words spoke louder than his actions to attempt to prove to the world that his actions speak louder than his words.

It's rather poor form to point out the written errors of someone clearly not using English as their first language. It simply isn't British, old bean.

Where and when did you become so intimately au fait with Morrissey's personality? I suspect you have no more knowledge of this subject than anyone else here.

Here you are using an extremely good example where Morrissey's words spoke louder than his actions to attempt to prove to the world that his actions speak louder than his words.

It's rather poor form to point out the written errors of someone clearly not using English as their first language. It simply isn't British, old bean.

Johnny, I wasn't using [sic] to try and patronise anyone, I only use it to indicate that I'm quoting them and didn't make the typo myself. I make spelling errors too - I don't call people out on them - only when quoting them do I prefer to indicate who said what. It's fair practice across writing and I'll use it online too.

As to how well I know Morrissey's personality, I think one can make deductions based on how people act. It's clear that Moz is prone to changing his mind a lot, isn't that clear to anyone else? If it isn't then I concede the point.

I don't uphold your point in respect of the middle quote.

Johnny, I wasn't using [sic] to try and patronise anyone, I only use it to indicate that I'm quoting them and didn't make the typo myself. I make spelling errors too - I don't call people out on them - only when quoting them do I prefer to indicate who said what. It's fair practice across writing and I'll use it online too.

As to how well I know Morrissey's personality, I think one can make deductions based on how people act. It's clear that Moz is prone to changing his mind a lot, isn't that clear to anyone else? If it isn't then I concede the point.

I don't uphold your point in respect of the middle quote.

Yes, sorry, you patronise...and deduction based on act can easly suggest that Morrissey uses strategy, not simply changes his mind. For how many fimes he moaning about no record deal? Do you think no one offered to him various opportunities? He was simply searching a proper record deal and he found it. And when he announced his intention to publish his Autobiography with Penguin Classic? It looked as trick and some less important publishers did offers and so icreasing interest in his book, published by Penguin. You can call it self promotion, marketing strategy, communication or whatever you want, but it is not a question of changing mind. Good night.

Morrissey is a Gemini. If that doesn't convince you he has a song called "I Am Two People." I believe their is less strategy than people believe. If he wanted to he could be a huge pop star.

Yes, sorry, you patronise...and deduction based on act can easly suggest that Morrissey uses strategy, not simply changes his mind. For how many fimes he moaning about no record deal? Do you think no one offered to him various opportunities? He was simply searching a proper record deal and he found it. And when he announced his intention to publish his Autobiography with Penguin Classic? It looked as trick and some less important publishers did offers and so icreasing interest in his book, published by Penguin. You can call it self promotion, marketing strategy, communication or whatever you want, but it is not a question of changing mind. Good night.

Get a username and I'll talk to you. I don't talk to people who phone me anonymously and I don't correspond with people who do the same online. Either make the effort and sign up or reply to other people's comments and not mine. I'm sure there are other more experienced members with whom you're happy to communicate. I don't deal with 'anonymous'. Good luck.

Get a username and I'll talk to you. I don't talk to people who phone me anonymously and I don't correspond with people who do the same online. Either make the effort and sign up or reply to other people's comments and not mine. I'm sure there are other more experienced members with whom you're happy to communicate. I don't deal with 'anonymous'. Good luck.

Is David Glasgow your full name ? And your avatar is the pic of your passport? What would change with a username as Je suis Marie and a pic of Juliette Binoche? I think I'm not offensive saying Morrissey knows how to manage his business, he is determinated and he always desired to be a writer, he published his first book when he was in his teen, he's not a dull or an artist who lives in Arcadia, he lives in real world, with producers, record companies, managers and accounters. Have a nice day.

Morrissey is a Gemini. If that doesn't convince you he has a song called "I Am Two People." I believe their is less strategy than people believe. If he wanted to he could be a huge pop star.

But he does want to be a huge pop act ! He wants to be No 1 in any charts available, did'nt you hear the very regular chart updates from his stupid way of communication. He has become the biggest embarrassment the Manchester music scene has ever produced.
I've never been a fan of Simon Cowell but at least he can offer some variety to earn his dough. Unlike Tosserrey and his backing twangers, he and they know they can keep their heads down for a while, re-group, create some noise/songs, put out a few " muttering timely statements" and hey oh off we go expectations for this and that, the fan frenzie is put into action, the drip feed is cranked up and the crowd take their places in " the line". Line upon line upon line, the line has only one purpose though it could be the line at the pissing down midnight launch of world peas or the hysterical line to get to the stage front and be touched or gain eye contact by the chosen one, then there is the line at the odd book/album signing.

It's hear and it's now ! It does'nt matter if it's crap it's Tosserrey innit !

I have to laugh out loud when I hear the old Tosserrer slating Simon Cowell for his money making machine.
I hope you get a good offering for your money this time but I can't see it myself going of the last lot of tripe and offal but any way get in line you lot and do as your told.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

But he does want to be a huge pop act ! He wants to be No 1 in any charts available, did'nt you hear the very regular chart updates from his stupid way of communication. He has become the biggest embarrassment the Manchester music scene has ever produced.
I've never been a fan of Simon Cowell but at least he can offer some variety to earn his dough. Unlike Tosserrey and his backing twangers, he and they know they can keep their heads down for a while, re-group, create some noise/songs, put out a few " muttering timely statements" and hey oh off we go expectations for this and that, the fan frenzie is put into action, the drip feed is cranked up and the crowd take their places in " the line". Line upon line upon line, the line has only one purpose though it could be the line at the pissing down midnight launch of world peas or the hysterical line to get to the stage front and be touched or gain eye contact by the chosen one, then there is the line at the odd book/album signing.

It's hear and it's now ! It does'nt matter if it's crap it's Tosserrey innit !

I have to laugh out loud when I hear the old Tosserrer slating Simon Cowell for his money making machine.
I hope you get a good offering for your money this time but I can't see it myself going of the last lot of tripe and offal but any way get in line you lot and do as your told.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I'm glad you're passionate but calm down, your ravings make you sound as if you're foaming at the mouth!

An excellent reason to remain 'Anonymous'.

I'm glad you're passionate but calm down, your ravings make you sound as if you're foaming at the mouth!

He's not a real person. Please don't treat him as such.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "romantic view of Morrissey" - from what I can see my analysis is pretty much treating Morrissey as any other person in arts/business.

That he's doing this "for publicity" is entirely your assumption. It doesn't sound to me the kind of thing he'd do for publicity as it's not likely to make waves across the world. Maybe you're right but it'd be a lucky guess.

I think mine is the more grounded analysis - that he's simply prone to changing his mind - know one actually knows why he has decided this.
David, you are obviously a jolly nice and reasonable chap who has an enormous crush on the famous pop crooner, Morrissey.
You see, what for you is strange and mysterious, to the rest of us, the 'not having a crush on Morrissey' types, is just mean spirited and mad.

David, you are obviously a jolly nice and reasonable chap who has an enormous crush on the famous pop crooner, Morrissey.
You see, what for you is strange and mysterious, to the rest of us, the 'not having a crush on Morrissey' types, is just mean spirited and mad.

I surely can't be the only one who has some kind of platonic crush on Morrissey. It's mainly men who jump on the stage to touch him, well at least it used to be back in the early to mid 90s solo days.

I surely can't be the only one who has some kind of platonic crush on Morrissey. It's mainly men who jump on the stage to touch him, well at least it used to be back in the early to mid 90s solo days.
No, David, I would guess there is an army out there.
And nothing wrong with that!

If it's a crush, it's not platonic. If you're attracted to him and feel drawn to him to where the need to touch him is something you dwell on, and actually spend time thinking about, that's fine, but don't feel the need to stick the word "platonic" before the word "crush" just because to do otherwise makes your understanding of yourself unpalatable.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom