Is/was Morrissy a Kinks fan?

A

Anonymous

I've been listening to some Kinks stuff and watching some Ray Davies interviews, which lead me to find some unexpected similarities.

For example it seems that Moz derived 'Last of the International Playboys' from 'Last of the Steam Powered Trains'. Also, Moz seems to share many of Davies' views.

I dunno. Maybe I'm looking into it too much.
What do the rest if you think?

It's M-O-R-R-I-S-S-E-Y.

Maybe the only reason he's friends with Chrissie Hynde is to get the dirt on Ray Davies. *scandalous* "But what was he like in bed?"

It's M-O-R-R-I-S-S-E-Y.

Maybe the only reason he's friends with Chrissie Hynde is to get the dirt on Ray Davies. *scandalous* "But what was he like in bed?"

Oops! Sorry about that. I don't know how I could have made such a pathetic error.

By the way, are you feeling okay? Your response seems a little... erratic.
... Or maybe you're just trying to start a debate with your closing statement.

I've been listening to some Kinks stuff and watching some Ray Davies interviews, which lead me to find some unexpected similarities.

For example it seems that Moz derived 'Last of the International Playboys' from 'Last of the Steam Powered Trains'. Also, Moz seems to share many of Davies' views.

I dunno. Maybe I'm looking into it too much.
What do the rest if you think?

I'm sure that Morrissey had some interest in the Kinks. They sang about gender, Hollywood, the working class, and were a huge influence on punk. They've also got a sort of underdog appeal. They did have some massive hits but compared to some of their peers, like The Who, they are overlooked. I would imagine they are too popular for Morrissey to champion, but they had everything the New York Dolls had.

internetmacro.jpg

Oops! Sorry about that. I don't know how I could have made such a pathetic error.

By the way, are you feeling okay? Your response seems a little... erratic.
... Or maybe you're just trying to start a debate with your closing statement.

Wasn't "Harry Rag" soundchecked or something in 1992?

Yes, he's mentioned the band and R Davies loads of times.
No the Kinks have in no way been 'overlooked'. People bang on about them constantly.
End of.

Yes, he's mentioned the band and R Davies loads of times.
No the Kinks have in no way been 'overlooked'. People bang on about them constantly.
End of.

The Kinks were amazing and still are. In my hall of fame they are top. Listen to them that's all you have to do

Back
Top Bottom