Morrissey 2048

This is tremendous. I still can't get past 1024 on the normal version...

http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/

*EDIT*

Gawd, I'm rubbish at this...

JDH7amR.jpg

P.

Last edited:
I can't get past 32. :squiffy:

256. I think I get it now. I want to master the numbers version before I try the Morrissey one. Dammit I have shit to do today too. :p

A nice one!

1076 by the way

3236 now

WHAT! How? I've been at this all morning except for the time it took me to go buy a bag of ice and not pay my car insurance because I already paid. Oh wait...you're doing the picture one. Nevermind.

6344 at the moment on the numbers game. I'm somewhat disappointed with that, as I thought I was going to keep going up to five figures, but then made some poor choices towards the end. I might try it again later.

morrisseynum.PNG

Last edited:
now 3048 with the numbers

I've been doing it wrong, I got to 2048 ages ago. :D I think the key is either back and forth or up and down, keep it consistent and only use the other minimally.

What?! 6344? 3048? I give up *walks out* :D

I have a feeling that what you actually need to do is to get one of the tiles on the grid up to 2048, rather than the overall score. The highest number that I've got on a tile so far has been 512, so it might take a couple of days worth of practice to get one up to 2048 (for me anyway).

morrisseynum.PNG

- Rebecca McCormick, secretary (I'm doing the number game for Mozambiguous 'cause he doesn't have time).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Tips:
1. Arrow restriction: basically use right and down, carefully up and never left

2. Always 'fix' the 4th column

3. Always keep the 4th column sorted

He further adds additional tips:

If you focus on building the 4th column, you'll learn how best to build the 3rd.

Advanced technique: left arrow is useful to recover from the situation where the 4th column is unsorted. In that case, don't forget to 'fix' the 3rd and 4th rows by filling them in.
Recovery tip: To recover from the situation like tile [3][4]=1024 and tile [4][4]=2, use arrows including Left and push 1024 into a different corner. Then do the 'change-of-gravity' (change the arrow restriction accordingly).
Concentrate and think ahead. One small mistake can ruin the game especially in the later stage of the game.

What a coincidence, I've been addicted to this game since it came out (the original 2048, not this Morrissey version). This should have done this with album covers instead, it would have been easier. Two Viva Hate's becoming Bona Drag, then two Bona Drags becoming Kill Uncle, until you reach Years Of Refusal. It's no so clear looking at those photos of Morrissey which ones come before the others, and that's good to know in the strategy to beat the game.

I made it, it's super easy, you just add URLs for the images you'd like to use. I made them loosely chronological, but I spent all of five minutes on it so the whole middle section is probably more random.

I'm gonna redo with album covers; this is fun!

Back
Top Bottom