2014 baseball thread

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
250x250

OK, time to see if my Dodgers can buy a championship, its one of those strange things, I mean I want them to win another no matter what
88 was so long ago :straightface: but I have always been a fan of "small ball" and bringing players up through the minors and pitching, of course
so yeah, if they don't win after spending all this $ its only going to feel even worse
& I already have nightmares that some important game or series will come down to a base running blunder by Yasiel Puig
I hope I am wrong though
what about you?
you gotta team you root for in the greatest game invented by man? :thumb:

My Astros will undoubtedly play above form but only because form for them has been pretty terrible. Won't stop me from making the trip to Houston to catch a game though.

Kershaw's already on the DL with a sore back.

My hope is that the Reds will finally win a play off series now that Dusty is gone
really? I thought firing Dusty was a mistake, especially since they replaced him with
341px-Bryan_Price_2011.jpg

this guy, who has 0 experience as a big league manager and well, their payroll went from 114 million last year to 109 million(projected) for this year :straightface:
so yeah, that reads like the Reds are not really interested in going to the post season this year, sorry :o
in other news
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dodgers-5-padres-1-052700282--mlb.html
my Dodgers won again, that makes them 4 & 1 in this young season despite not having Kemp in the line-up or Becket in the rotation
add to this losing the Kersh for a while and Brian Wilson for at least 15 days :rolleyes:
it makes one see why they went and spent all that $, still it feels a little icky
also, I am wondering, did the players back when I was a boy, did they get hurt less? :confused:
or maybe they just played through a little pain :cool:

I'm impressed the Ranger's fans who left the memorial statue of the father who died catching a foul ball for his son a TRASH HEAP on opening day stepped it up and left a single red rose the next game.

BkGJNpzIUAAQkUB.jpg

BkRYYTrCYAEaBS2.jpg

5 & 3 so far, which is OK, but want to see more of what happened in that last game against the Giants
I mean this offense is supposed to be loaded through the first 5 in the order...

I'm impressed the Ranger's fans who left the memorial statue of the father who died catching a foul ball for his son a TRASH HEAP on opening day stepped it up and left a single red rose the next game.

BkGJNpzIUAAQkUB.jpg

BkRYYTrCYAEaBS2.jpg
I've seen a handful of games there and seeing it dirty like that is surprising. It's a really great park to watch a game.really friendly fans too.

- - - Updated - - -

5 & 3 so far, which is OK, but want to see more of what happened in that last game against the Giants
I mean this offense is supposed to be loaded through the first 5 in the order...
I was surprised that the Astros managed to start off the season with a couple wins. They're 3-4 right now which ain't too shabby.

Tonight is zip-up hoodie giveaway night at Chavez Ravine. THey're playing Detroit who I'd love to see, I'll wait for tomorrow though. It'll be a madhouse tonight. The only decent giveaways are t-shirts.

f*** man, another extra inning game and me having to go to work soon
1smoke_zps79c1485a.gif

unless I want to take a cab, that would buy me another half hour
33_zps309c1b2e.gif

no, I'll just go now and assume they won, that way I go on a high note
leave-1_zps8ce65706.gif

f*** man, another extra inning game and me having to go to work soon
1smoke_zps79c1485a.gif

unless I want to take a cab, that would buy me another half hour
33_zps309c1b2e.gif

no, I'll just go now and assume they won, that way I go on a high note
leave-1_zps8ce65706.gif

They lost.

We're 4-6....never going to win a championship being astros!
it is a bad name, do they even play on "astroturf" or in the "Astrodome"? :confused::o
as for my Dodgers, 8 & 4, which is good, but my god, that $ bullpen aint all that :cool:
can't see them winning it all unless they get better with their late inning pitching :straightface:

it is a bad name, do they even play on "astroturf" or in the "Astrodome"? :confused::o
as for my Dodgers, 8 & 4, which is good, but my god, that $ bullpen aint all that :cool:
can't see them winning it all unless they get better with their late inning pitching :straightface:
I like the name. NASA is famously linked to Houston. Minute maid park is actually really nice. The stadium has a retractable wall and roof with natural grass. It's built onto the old Houston train station.

I like the name. NASA is famously linked to Houston. Minute maid park is actually really nice. The stadium has a retractable wall and roof with natural grass. It's built onto the old Houston train station.

My dad's an Angels fan so I'm more familiar with the Rangers who is their division rival. The Angels are playing the Phillies for the first time ever this season. They're mixing up league play a lot this year, should be interesting...and fun watching the AL pitchers bat. :D

Back
Top Bottom