2014 baseball thread

OK, Dodgers, thanks for ruining my day, no more following you anymore for a very long time I think :straightface:
I don't need this shit, my life is hard enough, you really have let me down with your shitty play :mad:
I'm done with you
suicide2_zpse0660851.gif

OK, its been a few weeks and hockey season is over, yay Kings :D
basketball season ended for me a while ago, so now when I reflect on home :blushing:
a sports team from your hometown is the one of those things you can continue to have a "relationship" :crazy: from afar :o
so I guess I am going to have to once again look to my Dodgers :straightface:
and I see they are only 5 back of the Giants now, sure, its mainly because the Giants are finally losing games like everybody else :cool:
but I do see some bright spots in the Dodgers' overall progress, 39-34 is not great, but it is a move in the right direction
I still want them to make a trade of an outfielder for an good reliever, but the trading deadline is still 12? days away :guitar:

All 15 of Clayton Kershaw's No-hitter strikeout pitches in one gif:

776604184570044193.gif

Best in the West, bitches!!!!!!!! :cool:

10359390_10152953186803508_229623110290614852_n.png

15 & 5 in their last 20 will get it done, I swear, every time I give up on them from afar, they surprise me :eek:
they are now playing up to their massive payroll, perhaps :straightface:
it didn't hurt that while they were on a series winning streak, the Giants were going 4 & 13* :cool:
still think the bullpen could use another arm, but don't know what they can get for Either who is stuck @
.249 .302 .373 :rolleyes:
and no one wants Crawford I am sure :(
that leaves only Kemp, who has turned it around and now is @
.274 .332 .459 :guitar:
my gut tells me that they should still entertain offers for him(Kemp)
but to be honest, trading him after already making it back to 1st place seems desperate now :o

*=the Giants have played 3 less games then the Dodgers at this point, so the Dodger lead is about as tenuous as it could be
they could still right the ship and get back in first place

Dodgers gave a tweet shoutout to US Soccer and got a response. :D Shouldn't they be mentally prepping for the game instead of tweeting? They probably have a person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Puig signed for 20 minutes tonight! :sweet: Have you ever gone super early and done that? Sometimes you can pretend to go to get something signed and hide out and stay in the nice seats if you dodge the docents just right. They have more fun above the loge so I only did it once. Rich people don't do the wave.

Last edited by a moderator:
View from my friend's seat at tonight's game. :mad: I HATE favors for favors. This is literally someone who may be unaware that the Dodgers wear blue. :straightface:

10469455_10152373073446865_6728382099685589742_n.jpg

I'm totally not jealous.

Dodgers have the best record in the NL and the Angels have the best in the AL :thumb:
so yeah, envisioning a "Freeway world Series" a bit, right now :guitar:

Last edited:
Dodgers clinched yesterday. So did the Angels. LA is killing it this year. Lets hope they don't choke as usual.
I fear for this too, especially if the road to the World Series, for the Dodgers, goes through DC :eek:
the Dodgers lost 4 out of 6 to the Nats this year and really only the Kersh pitched well in any of those games :cool:
they just don't match up well against them :straightface: it reminds me too much of the last 3 NLCSs they've lost in the last 6 years :tears:
still, I am hoping for the best, and I found a place which will be televising the World Series here, maybe even more of the baseball playoffs* :thumb:

*= game times are usually early in the am for me here in Chengdu, so far making it nearly impossible to see any of this season, except well after the games are over :squiffy:

Last edited:
I've only been to a couple games this year. Something about neck pain and the thought of climbing the steps to the top deck after walking up the parking lot just doesn't mesh, so I haven't been much. My friend already bought his ALCS tix to see the Angels. I think I'm skipping seeing any post season live. And with the cable standoff I may not catch any games on TV. I prefer hearing the calls over the radio anyway. I feel like a fair weather baseball fan this season, I think a big factor is the stupid cable thing, you can't even catch a game in a bar.

10624835_10100692871471962_7053662590169163104_n.jpg

Tune into the Angels game to see some greatness live tonight. 6:15. It's sold out, 45,000 screaming crown. I mean crowd. :p

Top of the fifth game one, Kersh only allowed the Cards 1 hit so far. 4 to 1 Doyers. I should be there. :tears:

Chavez Ravine crowd is SO. MUCH. BETTER. than OC. And they have an organist leading them.

I know it's a time-honored tradition but I am NOT going to root for the f***ing cards. HOW MANY TIMES CAN A GIRL BE EXPECTED TO ROOT FOR THE f***ING CARDINALS? HOW MANY?

:angry: OH MY GOD, that f***ing queen backdrop, she's giving the "bird" but the bird is the word, she's winning. You're representing the queen as winning. So the Cardinals won.

Fire Colletti, fire Mattingly.

Ok I am not a baseball fan.

10 minutes ago, I am with a friend and he flips on the game highlights for the LA game. I had to ask him what the St. Louis team was, he laughed and told me cardinals after my first guess was white socks, I still don't know where the white sox are then.

Because we have major sports team in San Francisco, playoff games, just through social attrition I find myself watch and enjoying the time when our teams make it past regular season. I am going to watch the game tonight with friends (and ask a lot of stupid questions that my friends will know I ask).

As an aside I have been to one giants game when my friend gave me 4 tickets for my family. The conversation with my wife was, well we should at least go so my son can see it. It was a night game, once 9pm came we left, about 7th inning. The atmosphere wonderful. We had seats about ten rows behind 1st base. When my son and I went to the bathroom, the visitor team walked right out into the subway/hallway to their put area. That was cool for my son to see all the guys in uniform so close up and all.

Ok I am not a baseball fan.

10 minutes ago, I am with a friend and he flips on the game highlights for the LA game. I had to ask him what the St. Louis team was, he laughed and told me cardinals after my first guess was white socks, I still don't know where the white sox are then.

Because we have major sports team in San Francisco, playoff games, just through social attrition I find myself watch and enjoying the time when our teams make it past regular season. I am going to watch the game tonight with friends (and ask a lot of stupid questions that my friends will know I ask).

As an aside I have been to one giants game when my friend gave me 4 tickets for my family. The conversation with my wife was, well we should at least go so my son can see it. It was a night game, once 9pm came we left, about 7th inning. The atmosphere wonderful. We had seats about ten rows behind 1st base. When my son and I went to the bathroom, the visitor team walked right out into the subway/hallway to their put area. That was cool for my son to see all the guys in uniform so close up and all.

The seventh inning stretch is like the most sacred part of the game. And you left?

I'm rooting for the Giants now. I was so heart broken last year I skipped the entire post season, didn't watch a single game. Stupid.

Back
Top Bottom